S ranks

TheMasta7

A few things you should know about S-Ranking. The game gives you an overall Rank on a chapter based on 3 things: Time, Battle and Synchronic Rate.

Obviously, beating a chapter fast will give you a higher rank - do note however that skipping cutscenes doesn't help your cause as the cutscenes' time aren't counted towards/against your time rating.

Synchronic Rating is something you'll have to work on mainly with timing. A few things to note are that during the Synchronic Impact moments (where you have to time the Triangle button), getting a Great or Good will lower your overall Synch Rating as opposed to getting Excellent. Other than that, the only true purpose of getting those down is that it, depending on the battle, will help build your Burst Meter. For any parts that require you to use the analog sticks or press button prompts, getting them right will again help boost your Burst Meter, BUT messing them up can lower your Synch Rating significantly. The reason being that whether you get them right or not, the game will continue the same way; however, when you get them right, the scenes are extended for more prompts. Ergo, if you mess one up, you may end up cutting a battle short, which makes you automatically miss any other prompts that could've shown up.

Example:

A scene requires the following prompts -

1. Left stick left

2. Left stick left

3. Left stick up

4. Spin left stick clockwise

5. Square

6. Left stick up

7. Left stick down

8. Spin left stick counter-clockwise

Doing all 8 would be ideal. However, if you made it to #5, and mess up #6, the QTE ends there and you automatically miss #7 and #8.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605974-asuras-wrath/62019327

• 3 weeks later...
anyone else having problems getting "S" on episode 2. i cant get better than an "A"

Try to gather as many Doji's as close to each other as possible, launch one, Use special move on him when he's grounded, repeat until cutscene. With this method you should get A on time and S on battle points.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

After doing all the levels on Hard with a S rank really (really!) fast, I can't seem to be able to do the last one (I suppose I'll have the same problem with the hidden level as well), because of the time, every single time I manage to do Hit Points and Sync Rate with S, but when it comes to time I managed once a B, but most times I get a awful C or even a D.

I've tried oh so many times, it's starting to be extremely annoying. Can someone give me some help ? Maybe the Obliterator gauge is not the most recommended since this level hasn't got much fighting besides the boss, and this fight is somewhat "particular" ? Idk, can someone who already managed to do it help me ?

Thanks in advance!