question about DLC

masako666

Unfortunately I think you missed your opportunity in December. They were available for a few weeks after the removal of the Marvel UA2 dlc was announced for the end of December. It seems unlikely that we'll see them on the marketplace again, but it can't hurt to check occasionally just in case.

Sorry, but the DLC was only available until December 31st 2010 and is now no longer available. [Source]

Now you can only download the "Playable Character Teaser Pack".

Playable Character Teaser Pack (FREE)

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.415607da/marketplace/0/415607da03300003

Required to play your friends in multiplayer if your friends have downloaded any of the downloadable content packs. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. [File size: 75.1 MB]

Playable Hero/Villain Pack Combo Deal (800 MSP)

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.415607da/marketplace/0/415607da03300000

Play with 8 entirely new characters, 4 heroes and 4 villains. Free title update required to play. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. [File size: 75.1 MB]

Playable Hero Pack (480 MSP)

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.415607da/marketplace/0/415607da03300001

Play an entirely new team. Hulk, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Hawkeye. Free title update required to play. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. [File size: 75.1 MB]

Playable Villain Pack (480 MSP)

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/global/t.415607da/marketplace/0/415607da03300002

Play an entirely new team. Doom, Venom, Sabertooth and Magneto. Free title update required to play. Do not download this pack if you have purchased Marvel™:Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition, due out in May 2007, as the new playable characters are already included in that version of the game. TM & © 2006 Marvel. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. [File size: 75.1 MB]

• 2 months later...

I downloaded the free DLC that says it is to play with friends who also have the DLC characters, since it was the only option. It shows the heros and villians on team roster screen and I can add them to my team and run around the stark building, but I haven't tried playing with them in a combat mission yet. I'm guessing they removed the other hero and villians packs because they no longer wished to charge players for old content and now use the free one to give access to all DLC content. I'll post if I am able to get the Cyclops/Jean Grey achievement I missed before.

Also, I had purchased the combo pack years ago and have saved games with the DLC characters in my roster, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I was unable to access these characters before downloading the free DLC.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If you would still like to get the "Playable Character Teaser Pack" for free you can do so HERE! Once here click "Download to Xbox 360". Then, on your Xbox hit the guide button, go to the left, then "Active Downloads." Press "A" and choose "Download Now", then choose the first option. This will download the file onto your Xbox for free. I believe this will then allow you to play with other people who have the Gold Edition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...