Why does Sam Fisher hold his gun like a spastic?

LibertyCap89

Is there really any benefit holding a pistol at a retarded angle? I would like real soldiers to put this to the test because it's quite a retarded technique...

It's sort of halfway between gangster braap braapp type aiming and normal aiming.

I would like to see the story behind him learning to hold a gun like a twat.

Edited by LibertyCap89

Probably to make Sam look more cooler than he already is :p

I dunno really, don't really care that much about it.

But holding a gun sideways like that in reality would make it harder to hit your target I think, that's why I think holding a gun the "gangster" way looks real silly :)

Is there really any benefit holding a pistol at a retarded angle? I would like real soldiers to put this to the test because it's quite a retarded technique...

It's sort of halfway between gangster braap braapp type aiming and normal aiming.

I would like to see the story behind him learning to hold a gun like a twat.

Sam is the type of man who faces several enemies at once, risking his own life in trying to take them all out at once. Using that angle not only pumps his adrenaline but it is also a very important technique in gunplay (thats moving while shooting acrobatically).

• 1 month later...

The technique isn't actually called Krav Maga; that's his hand to hand fighting style... I forget what it's actually called; it's on the Splinter Cell Wikipedia page though. It's to help you, as someone else already said, to shoot while aiming and you can ever so slightly adjust it quickly to aim at targets that are at long, medium, and short distances. It's basicly so he can snipe with a pistol at long range, and also quickly move to melee if needed.

• 3 weeks later...
He holds it like a spaz in the CE edition's figurine, looks weird, and the gun is a fauna green....:confused:

I think the guns is meant to be gold tinted, just like the gun Victor (I think that's his name) gives you when you meet.

Ps Why does Sam Fisher look completely different on the figurine than to the way he does in game?

The only guess i can make is that the design of Sam changed way after the figurine went into production... either that or it's a really crappy model.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...