Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zombie-que. Use flares to light 15 zombies on fire. Guide suggests in EP1, the dark parking garage while waiting for the elevator. Are there any more spots throughout the game to toss flares at zombies or is this the only spot? My first try I got 9 zombies. So I'm wondering if I can still get it at a later part of the game, or should I try better?

Edit: I found more flares and zombies right before the end of Urban Flight, which allowed me to complete the achievement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think i can only tolerate 99 achievements because the games are fun. i play a lot of boring games for achievements and even easy gamerscore is a pain if it makes me bored as shit. i love the different achievements in this game though and while some aren't that great most of them are pretty fun.

• 1 month later...
Back to the achievments we have now. On portal the Camera Shy acheivement i notice that some of the cameras are on wall that cant be hit by a portal (the black walls) how do you shoot them off.
There are only 33 cameras that need to be destroyed, all the ones on the darker walls don't need to be destroyed.

Now I have a question, Two Points is on Half-Life 2, right? How far into the game is it?

EDIT:So here's my explanation as to why I need to know this if you don't care skip it. [spoiler=]I am trying to get 7777 GS by October 7th, the reason for this is for me alone to know.

What I need to know, how many more Achievements will I automatically get between "What Cat?", which I just unlocked, and "Two Points"?

Edited by Daftmouse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had trouble with Keep off the Sand? Reloaded save the couple times antlions popped up, and I never felt the earth rumble without them coming up. Most of the time I used the two wooden pallet boards and just did one after the other. Got to the guard antlion and no cheevo.

• 4 months later...

Argh, I'm really angry. I was going for the 'Little Rocket Man' achievement and was approaching White Forest. Finally, I can drop this little ******* off and get my 30G. Next time I switch my 360 on, I get the disk unreadable error :eek: No achievement for me, lol. I've also lost a few other achievements that I could have easily gained.

I've still got a good amount of achievements to do so I'll have to replay parts of Episode 1 + The whole story of HL2 because I forgot to do Lambda Locator >.< Started working on Episode 2 today =) Going for Little Rocket Man while I'm at it, can't be bothered to replay another story just to get the 1000 :)

I just got the "Payback" achievement where you kill a hunter with its own flechettes. I think the guide should note that A) a steel barrel works better than a box since it won't break apart from multiple hits/explosions, and B) the flechettes vaporize the hunter the same way that an energy ball would but ONLY if you actually throw it at them. holding it next to them won't do it.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hoyt PotatOwnachievement

If you don' have any saves on the ravenholm chapter I suggest doing this on Highway 17.

From the startig point, drive through the first tunnel,then you have to drive on te beach and pretty soon you'll find two houses on your right; one of them (the higher one, by the sea) has two enemies, one of which will throw granades a you.

I'm going for the Targetted Advertisement achievement, and I just realised that I could not go through ravenholm again to get the Hot PotatOwned.

Hope this helps, cheers

Blueglue

• 3 months later...
Has anyone had trouble with Keep off the Sand? Reloaded save the couple times antlions popped up, and I never felt the earth rumble without them coming up. Most of the time I used the two wooden pallet boards and just did one after the other. Got to the guard antlion and no cheevo.

Having the same trouble, went through the level 3 times and never had the rumble....yet never unlocked...crap!

• 3 weeks later...

Now I have a question, Two Points is on Half-Life 2, right? How far into the game is it?

Yeah, it is Half-Life 2. It's right before you go to Ravenholm, during the part where you're learning to use the gravity gun with DOG.

It's also a pretty annoying achievement. You may need to save and reload a few times to get it.

• 4 years later...