Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

Thanks for the answer.

I just rented the game, so i don't have time to do it twice and anyway to be honest i think its fun but it get a little repetitive, so i don't think its the kind of game i would do twice... I mean by that i have fun advancing trought story and discovering the overlord world, but i doubnt i would have a similar fun doing it again, i rarely do game more than once, im more of an online gamer.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you get the achievement as soon as you reach 100% corruption or do you have to finish out the rest of the game and beat it with 100% corruption in order to unlock it. I recently got to 100% after freeing Spree again, but I didn't get the achievement do I just have to finish out the game and it will unlock then?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm afraid I have the original 50 matches done, so I can't verify it myself... someone here said the new 45 minute survival achievement map, however, contributed to the old survival achievements too. I'd imagine the same would hold true for pillage/slaughter types.

Do you get the achievement as soon as you reach 100% corruption or do you have to finish out the rest of the game and beat it with 100% corruption in order to unlock it. I recently got to 100% after freeing Spree again, but I didn't get the achievement do I just have to finish out the game and it will unlock then?

You have to beat the final boss in order to unlock it. It will pop up during the end cut scene.

Just an FYI, for those trying to get the new dungeon achievement, make sure you've taken care of the previous dungeon opponents as well on that file, even if you already have the achievement from a prior playthrough. There seems to be "Challenge" matches with the older occupants of your dungeon, such as the Halfling Challenge, Skull Tribe Challenge, Dwarf Challenge, and Monster Challenge. They didn't appear for me on the list until after I had some of the previous matches cleared out on this file.

Just an FYI, for those trying to get the new dungeon achievement, make sure you've taken care of the previous dungeon opponents as well on that file, even if you already have the achievement from a prior playthrough. There seems to be "Challenge" matches with the older occupants of your dungeon, such as the Halfling Challenge, Skull Tribe Challenge, Dwarf Challenge, and Monster Challenge. They didn't appear for me on the list until after I had some of the previous matches cleared out on this file.

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome! There's also an Undead Challenge, but I've yet to beat it. I think it's because my current file's almost entirely unimbued, and I either end up with the reaper or the musketeers and very little life. Some HP-regen or another ten minions'd make all the difference.

You're welcome! There's also an Undead Challenge, but I've yet to beat it. I think it's because my current file's almost entirely unimbued, and I either end up with the reaper or the musketeers and very little life. Some HP-regen or another ten minions'd make all the difference.

Yea I had HP regeneration on my character when I beat them, it helped out a lot.

Hi !

I have a question about an old achievement working (or not) with the expansion..

I'm trying the "Tower Master" right now but I can't help but wonder if the new objects in the abysses count for it ?

I already complete the first abyss, looting a bag of coins, a forge mold and the abyss key. I think I missed something with a peon who's about to be fried (I burn him.. It was an accident, I swear ^^)

I searched in the forum and found someone saying that, obviously, only some achievements of the add-on are concerned by the abysses but I wanted to be sure of that.

Thanks, and sorry if this question was asked before. :)

You need to start over from scratch. It's Legendary for a reason!

I'm not sure if the Abysses would count for the tower master achievement. I can at least tell you that the guy you roasted would've only given you some normal breakable boxes and barrels, so you've not missed out on anything with that guy.

• 2 months later...

I was upgrading my arcanium axe and I put the max ammount of minions on then did it. Looked at it and it was like +90 damage +45 fire and nothing on the others[ hadn't done them] so I went back to upgrade some more and the option to upgrade my axe is gone, does this mean it's fully done or is it glitched?

• 3 weeks later...
I have a question regarding the new achievements. Will the "Win 25 ranked Expansion slaughter matches" count towards the original win 50 matches achievement? I don't see why they wouldn't, just want to see if anyone has confirmed.

I can verify that any matches done on the Expansion maps will count towards the original win achievements.

I was upgrading my arcanium axe and I put the max ammount of minions on then did it. Looked at it and it was like +90 damage +45 fire and nothing on the others[ hadn't done them] so I went back to upgrade some more and the option to upgrade my axe is gone, does this mean it's fully done or is it glitched?

It is fully done. The max amount is just that the max.

Edited by Dragon Viper

• 1 month later...
How easy are these achievements?

You can get a pretty decent number in a single runthrough in you play it correctly. You'll have to play the game at least twice to get all the single-player ones. I recommend playing the "good" version the first time, which will get the majority of the story-related achievements as well as the Zero Corruption achievement. On your second playthrough play on Legendary Difficulty as the "evil" overlord and get the Tower Master achievement as well. With a dedicated boosting partner, you can get all the multiplayer achievements in under four hours. Overall, its not a quick 1250, but its certainly not incredibly challenging. Check the guide or PM me if you have any questions and I can probably help. I've beaten the game five times now.

You can get a pretty decent number in a single runthrough in you play it correctly. You'll have to play the game at least twice to get all the single-player ones. I recommend playing the "good" version the first time, which will get the majority of the story-related achievements as well as the Zero Corruption achievement. On your second playthrough play on Legendary Difficulty as the "evil" overlord and get the Tower Master achievement as well. With a dedicated boosting partner, you can get all the multiplayer achievements in under four hours. Overall, its not a quick 1250, but its certainly not incredibly challenging. Check the guide or PM me if you have any questions and I can probably help. I've beaten the game five times now.

Thanks send me a FR next time your on and i should get Overlord tomorrow from Gamefly. But i won't be able to get the new 250G because i don't have an MS points and i just got a PS3 so i am out of money right now. So i am only able to get the first set of achievements that came with the game. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
With a dedicated boosting partner, you can get all the multiplayer achievements in under four hours.

One more question if you dont mind, how difficult is it too boost ranked games in overlord? Is it easy to find eachother, or is some glitch needed (like the language in halo3)?

Thanks!

One more question if you dont mind, how difficult is it too boost ranked games in overlord? Is it easy to find eachother, or is some glitch needed (like the language in halo3)?

Thanks!

So few people play that, as long as you know which map you're playing on, you can easily find the other person. One person hosts and the other just searches for it. Piece of cake.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How can you check how much lifeforce you've harvested?

My Tower Heart says I've lost 9001 minions and have 1013 minions alive, so shouldn't I get the achievement (cause I'd think that would mean I've harvested 10,014)? Or is that not what it counts? I'm so confused. And darn sick of farming beetles in the Dungeon.

• 3 months later...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/258/0Tc8P2Nj.jpg Tower Master 40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Collect all the Tower Objects

HELP !!!

-I've been trying to get... "Health Item #2 – This item can be found at the far end of the Desert before you get to the city where you capture Jewel."

-I kill all the worms along the path, then have my minions pick it up. Unfortunately, when they get to the stone bridge you build, they won't cross all the way.

EDIT: You can guide minion groups that carry objects just like moving around your target markers.

I simply guided this group that tried to cross the bridge to the other tower portal. Finally!

Edited by E vee dub