FIFA 13 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

Boomerang Cat

Update 5: Experimental Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

End Of Season 2 - Bargain High Potential Player Growth

I've recently reached the end of Season Two so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the growth of my Bargain High Potential young Players which I found by using the Database. (Here)

As previously mentioned, I had around 80 Games to play in this Season due to 46 Games in the Championship, approximately 15 in the Domestic Cups and around 20 in the UEFA Cup after winning last Seasons League & F.A. Cups while competing in League One.

Therefore, my aim was to create 2 entire Teams full of Bargain High Potential or High Growth young Players, that would be capable of being fit and ready for all the Games.

End Of Season 2 - High Potential Young Player Growth Update

1st Choice Team - Formation 442 (Narrow Diamond)

Player Potential From FIFA 13 Career Mode Database: (Link)

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GDS2 = Growth During Season 2

GK - Alessio Cragno - Brescia - Age:19 - SA: 60 - P: 85 - PG:+25 - GDS2:+5 From 66 To 71

Description: Cragno is a Young Keeper with Great Potential, worth having as a Sub Keeper at a Big Club.

RB - Norgaard - Hamburger SV - Age:20 - SA:59 - P:81 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+5 to 69

Description: At 6ft 1" Norgaard is very versatile can play CM/CDM/CAM/RB, plays Right Back for me.

CB - Aleksandr Putsko - Spartak Moskva - Age:21 - SA:62 - P:80 - PG:+18 - GDS2:+5 To 72

Description: Putsko is a big Central Defender at 6ft 3", a bargain.

CB - Daniele Rugani - Juventus - Age:19 - SA:63 - P:84 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+5 To 73

Description: Rugani is a 6ft 2" Central Defender with great Potential of 84.

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:18 - SA:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GDS2:+5 To 69

Description: Shaw is also large at 6ft 1" and has improved very quickly.

DCM - Goretzka - Vfl Bochum - Age:19 - SA:59 - P:84 - PG:+25 -GDS2:+6 to 70

Description: Goretzka is 6ft 2" and is also very versatile can play CM/RM/CDM/CAM.

RCM - James Ward-Prowse - Southampton - Age:19 - SA:64 - P:84 - PG:+20 - GDS2:+5 to 74

Description: Ward-Prowse is a 5ft 8" CM, who I bought for less than his Market Value after making an enquiry at the Start of Season 2.

LCM - Vyacheslav Podberezkin - Lokomotiv Moskva - Age:21 - SA:62 - P:83 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+6 To 73

Description: Another big Player at 6ft 1", has Red Boots and can play CAM/CF/CAM.

CAM - Piazon - Chelsea - Age:20 - SA:61 - P:85 - PG:+24 - GDS2:+5 to 72

Description: Piazon is one of my most recommended Players from last Year, can play LW/CF/CAM.

RST - Jereon Lumu - Willem II - Age:18 - SA:63 - P:82 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+5 To 74

Description: Lumu is a very Fast Striker but is Left Footed, which is rare to give a better balanced Strikeforce.

LST - Yassine Benzia - Lyon - Age:19 - SA:63 - P:84 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+4 to 72

Description: A high Potential forward who has improved and developed the "Dribbler" speciality during Season 2. Another Player I purchased for less than his Value after making and enquiry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd Choice Team - Formation 442 (Narrow Diamond)

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GDS2 = Growth During Season 2

GK - Ruben Blanco - RC Celta de Vigo - Age:18 - SA:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+2 To 61

Description: Ruben Blanco played approximately 15 to 20 times during Season 2 , not as many as the 2nd Choice Team outfield Players as I didn't want to compromise the development of 1st Choice Keeper Alessio Cragno who has higher Potential.

RB - Dario Del Fabro - Cagliari - Age:19 - SA:54 - P:80 - PG:+26 - GDS2:+5 To 65

Description: Del Fabro is a decent CB/RB with high Potential. One flaw is his small size of 5ft 11" which made me utilise him as a Right Back.

CB - Menno Koch - PSV - Age:19 - SA:62 - P:78 - PG:+16 - GDS2:+4 To 71

Description: Koch is a giant 6ft 5" Central Defender well worth the initial Fee.

CB - Antonio Rudiger - Vfb Stuttgart - Age:21 - SA:61 - P:78 - PG:+17 - GDS2:+5 To 72

Description: Rudiger is a CB/RB who is another Physical Player at 6ft 3".

LB - Sam Magri - QPR - Age:20 - SA:54 - P:76 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+5 To 68

Description: Magri is 6ft stop gap and is very versatile as he can play RB/CB/LB/RM.

DCM - Phousseyne Diaby - LB Chateauroux - Age:19 - SA:54 - P:76 - PG:+22 - GDS2:+5 To 66

Description: Another stop gap Player who I signed because I was short of Transfer Funds. He's 5ft 11" and can play as a CM/CDM.

RCM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:19 - SA:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GDS2:+6 To 58

Description: Fraser is a 6ft CM/CAM and has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.

LCM - Nana Welbeck - Brescia - Age:19 - SA:64 - P:85 - PG:+21 - GDS2:+2 To 73

Description: Welbeck is 5ft 10" and can play as a CDM/CM. Another player who was purchased for less than his Market Value after making an enquiry in January of Season 2. I paid £1.5m when he was worth £2.4m.

CAM - Wayne Taylor - Randomly Generated Player - Age:20 - SA:69 - P:Unknown - PG:Unknown - GDS2:+4 To 73

Description: Taylor is one of the several Young and Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players that FIFA 13 Creates when you start a New Career Mode Season as mentioned in my Transfer Market Tips in this Post (Here). Note - You will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database. A very good backup Player who is worth £3,600,000 at the end of Season Two. I will sell this Player at the start of Season 3 to fund Deals for Players who have known Potential on the Database or to be replaced by other Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players who I can also make big profits with.

RST - Cristiano Martina Rini - Randomly Generated Player - Age:17 - SA:70 - P:Unknown - PG:Unknown - GDS2:+2 To 72

Description: Martina Rini is another one of the several Young and Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players mentioned in my Transfer Market Tips in this Post (Here). Note - You will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database. Another very good backup Player who is worth £5,000,000 at the end of Season Two. Once again, I will sell this Player at the start of Season 3 to fund Deals for Players who have known Potential on the Database or to be replaced by other Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players who I can also make big profits with.

LST - Jerry Mbakogu - Juve Stabia - Age:21 - SA:67 - P:80 - PG:+13 - GDS2:+4 To 75

Description: Mbakogu is a beast of a Player with incredible Pace & Power at 6ft 1", I highly recommend him. He can play as a ST/RW/LW but he was used to carry my 2nd Team through some of the tougher Games of the Season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There has once again been an impressive amount of Growth with virtually all of these Players during Season 2 and as I start preparing my Squad for the Premier League in Season 3, I aim to keep the majority of the Players together to continue this experiment for the x360a Forum members.

If the Players Attributes continue to develop at their current rates, I should be looking at a number of very high value Players who will still be young at the end of Season 3.

As mentioned in another Post, there are a number of Players in my Squad that are now attracting the attention of Bigger Clubs. For example, I have rejected several offers of around £10m for Jereon Lumu who is currently rated at 74 and he still has a fair way to grow until he has reached his full Potential of 82.

In summary, this experiment is really paying off and each Players Growth & Value should put me on a good Financial footing to be able to compete with the bigger Clubs come the end of Season 3.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys I have just started a season with Blackpool looking to get a young squad together...have started off buying Sterling and Ward Prowse but am unsure of any good young players between say 65-75 current rating to go after next...any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke

Hey Guys, New to the forum. Wanted to share my info. I just started my career mode with Terni in serie B Wanted to share a cracker of a player Leonardo Taurino a CAM/LW decent pace and good value for money. Im only in October and he's already gained +6started @ 51 ovr but should top out at 76. I'll be sharing some more soon.

Cool Forum you guys have. Glad to be apart of it.

Hey Guys, New to the forum. Wanted to share my info. I just started my career mode with Terni in serie B Wanted to share a cracker of a player Leonardo Taurino a CAM/LW decent pace and good value for money. Im only in October and he's already gained +6started @ 51 ovr but should top out at 76. I'll be sharing some more soon.

Cool Forum you guys have. Glad to be apart of it.

Hi guys I have just started a season with Blackpool looking to get a young squad together...have started off buying Sterling and Ward Prowse but am unsure of any good young players between say 65-75 current rating to go after next...any suggestions?

Thanks

Luke

Welcome to the x360a Fourms, sensacion7 and lukele87.

sensacion7, I like your recommendation of Leonardo Taurino because he is one of the Players with the highest amount of growth Potential in the whole of FIFA 13's Career Mode.

Here are some more Players with big growth Potential who I signed for very little money at the start of my Sheffield United Career Mode:

Selected Players In - 1st Transfer Window of Season One:

Niklas Barkroth - 375k from IFK Goteborg (Allsvenskan)

Luke Shaw - 375k from Southampton (Premier League)

Scott Fraser - 80k from Dundee United (SPL)

Key: A = Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth, GSF = Growth So Far (Up to January 2013 of Season One)

LB - Luke Shaw - Southampton - Age:16 - A:58 - P:83 - PG:+25 - GSF:+5 To 63

Description: Shaw is also large at 6ft 1" and has improved very quickly.

CM - Scott Fraser - Dundee United - Age:17 - A:46 - P:79 - PG:+33 - GSF:+6 To 52

Description: Fraser has the largest Attribute Growth Potential in the whole game, a nice experimental Player.

ST - Niklas Barkroth - IFK Goteborg - Age:20 - A:58 - P:80 - PG:+22 - GSF:+5 To 63

Description: Barkroth is a massive Bargain at 375k, Right Footed with incredible Pace.

lukele87, as for the suggestions on Players you should Sign for your Career Mode with Blackpool I can highly recommend any of the Players given in my experimental Sheffield United Career Mode Updates:

The latest Player Growth Update compiled at the End of Season 2 can be found here: (Here)

Depending on your Budget you may be able to spend a little more on Players with slighty Higher Potential below:

Key: SA = Starting Ability, P = Potential, PG = Potential Growth

Potential 88 Players

Gabriel - CDM/CM - Pro Vercelli - Age:18 - SA: 66 - P:88 - PG:+22

Leali - GK - Virtus Lanciano - Age:19 - SA:71 - P:88 - PG:+17

Masi - CB - Pro Vercelli - Age:19 - SA:71 - P:88 - PG:+17

Pogba - CDM - Juventus - Age:19 - SA:72 - P:88 - PG:+16

Potential 87 Players

Bouy - CAM - Brescia - Age:19 - SA:67 - P:87 - PG:+20

Fischer - LW/CAM - Ajax - Age:18 - SA:67 - P:87 - PG:+20

There are plenty more Players with High Potential, but these Players start the Game by being rated at a relatively low Attribute levels, so they may be able to be Signed for bargain Fee's.

I hope this helps. ;)

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I've been very busy lately, however I've managed to complete a season of my new Villarreal career and start up the new season.

Normally in careers I win every game, but this can become quite boring and hence, after a perfect first season (largely simmed as I only really valued it as a squad building season), I'm going to push myself and play the second season on World Class, a difficulty I've never played before.

I debated playing on Professional but I was concerned, after a comfy win against Inter in pre-season, that even on Pro I could probably win the majority of games and win the league - not really what I want. Problem is that I'm really sloppy on World Class, but I'm hoping that at the very least the season of playing above my ability will vastly increase how good I am!

Anyway, here's my team just after the summer transfer window has finished:

Butland (Birmingham City) - 1.6m euros - now valued 4.4m euros - 74

Montoya (Barcelona) - 6m euros plus reserve striker (value 300k) - now valued 8m euros - 78

Musacchio - now valued 8m euros - 79

Nastasic (Man City) - 10m euros - recent acquisition - 78

Daprela (Brescia) - 1.4m euros - now valued 3.6m euros - 76

Pogba (Juventus) - 13m euros - recent acquisition - 78

Obi (Inter) - swap (Bruno) - recent acquisition - 78

Falque (Spurs) - 7m euros (originally had a loan buy out of 7.2m which Spurs blocked) - recent acquisition - 78

Suso (Liverpool) - swap (Cani) - now valued 6m euros - 75

Pacheco (Liverpool) - ~5m euros - recent acquisition - 76

Zaha (Crystal Palace) - ~5m euros - recent acquisition - 75

Subs:

Gaspar - 73

Lejeune - 73

Ozdoev (Lokomotiv) - 72

Perez - 74

Leitner (Dortmund) - 75

Bille - 72

Piazon - 72

I haven't had chance to play many games, however my stars of last season were Pacheco, Butland, Pogba and Daprela. I also had Deulofeu (Barcelona B) who I very highly recommend. Suso and Deulofeu worked really well as wingers of a front three as they were a left footer on the right and vice versa, hence they did well cutting inside and getting goals. I wanted to keep him but I got a 8 million euro bid from PSG (he was valued 6 million). I counter offered 15 million, because obviously if I got that much I could get a quality replacement, and PSG accepted the proposal.

I wanted Labyad (Sporting Lisbon) on the left wing, however I had spent a lot of money bringing in players who did well on loan last season (Pogba, Falque, Pacheco) and a new face (Nastasic) and these cost more than I'd expected, hence Zaha was the cheaper alternative. I'm now absolutely skint!

In terms of tips, I would suggest offering straight swaps for younger players by offering your older players up in alternative. I got two really good swap deals:

Cani (30+ y.o. RM, rated 76, valued 2.2m euros) for Suso (~20 y.o. RW, rated 71, valued 3m euros)

and

Bruno (29 y.o. CDM, rated 82, valued 8m euros) for Obi (~20 y.o. CM, rated 78, valued 11m euros).

My season so far has been up and down, my first game on World Class was a 1-1 draw in a friendly vs. Frieburg, which I should have won but they scored a free kick to keep it level. I then got soundly beaten 4-0 over two legs against Barcelona in the Super Cup. The league has started okay(ish), with a win (Mallorca home), two draws (Malaga away, someone else at home) and one loss (Zaragoza away). I'm in about midtable at the minute and unfortunately the board want me to qualify for the Euro League. This is certainly achievable with the squad I have, however I will have to improve quickly!

Addition: You might wonder why I sold Rossi - I really wanted to get the money to build a more balanced team and the money has certainly helped buy some of the young, high potential players I have, whereas Rossi was being outplayed by Pacheco and wasn't growing either.

I do have a save file from the back end of last season, however I am currently (meant to be) working and am away from the xbox. When I go back to it later I will either update or add a new post with growths.

Edited by Samao14

After narrowly avoiding relegation with Brentford on World Class, and yes, that did involve playing one particular match against MKDons 10 times ;-), my 2nd season save file seems to have issues, with my first competitive kick off marred by the fact that the ball disappeared and my players were chasing an invisible ball.

In addition, Brentford have such little funds that my intention to play a similar way to Boomerang Cat is not possible.

I may well take a punton Cardiff in the Championship and hope that the funds available make a bit of a difference, and of course that my ball doesn't vanish.

I'll definitely try and straight swap for some of the 88 and 87 potential players mentioned above!

I've played through to mid-November and compiled all my growth statistics to put this update together:

Key: Name - Position(s), Primary Position Listed First (Original Club) - Cost, Euros (Current Value) - Original Rating --> End of Season 1 (Growth) --> Nov. 2013 Rating (Growth)

First team:

Butland - GK (Birmingham) - 1.6m (6m) - 69 --> 73 (+4) --> 75 (+2)

Montoya - RB (Barcelona) - 6m + 400k player (9m) - 74 --> 77 (+3) --> 79 (+2)

(Note: Bought Jan. 2013, had grown to 75 (+1) in the first half of the season at Barcelona)

Musacchio - CB (Villarreal) - N/A (8.5m) - 74 --> 78 (+4) --> 80 (+2)

Nastasic - CB (Manchester City) - 10m (12m) - 75 --> 77 (+2) --> 79 (+2)

(Note: Bought Summer 2013, grew to 77 (+2) in first season at Manchester City)

Daprela - LB (Brescia) - 1.2m (4.5m) - 68 --> 74 (+6) --> 77 (+3)

Pogba - CDM (Juventus) - 13m after first season loan (17m) - 73 --> 78 (+5) --> 80 (+2)

Obi - CM/CDM (Inter) - Swap, 9m player (10.5m) - 77 --> 78 (+1) --> 78 (+0)

(Note: Was a deadline day purchase in Summer 2013, grew to 78 (+1) in first season at Inter)

Yago Falque - CAM/CM/LW (Tottenham/Spurs) - 7m after first season loan (8.5m) - 72 --> 76 (+4) --> 79 (+3)

(Note: Was acquired on loan in January 2013 with a permanent transfer in Summer 2013. Grew to 73 (+1) in half a season at Spurs)

Suso - RW/LW/CAM (Liverpool) - Swap, 2.2m player (5m) - 70 --> 75 (+5) --> 75 (+0)

Dani Pacheco - CF/ST/LW/CAM (Liverpool) - 6m after first season loan (10.5m) - 70 --> 75 (+5) --> 78 (+3)

Zaha - RW/LW/ST (Crystal Palace) - 6m (7.2m) - 72 --> 75 (+3) --> 76 (+1)

(Note: Summer 2013 purchase, grew to 75 (+3) in first season at Crystal Palace)

And notable others:

Deulofeu - LW/RW (Barcelona B) - 2.1m (6.5m) - 71 --> 75 (+4) --> 75 (+0)

(Note: Bought Summer 2012, sold Summer 2013 after an outrageous 16m bid)

Lejeune - CB/CDM (Villarreal) - N/A (4m) - 65 --> 71 (+6) --> 73 (+2)

Lucas Piazon - LW/CAM/ST (Chelsea) - Second season loan (4m) - 62 --> 70 (+8) --> 73 (+3)

(Note: Summer 2013 loan signing, grew to 70 (+8) in first season at Chelsea)

Some of those prices might be a bit out as that's where I'm working on memory. The ones I bought this season are definitely right though (Nastasic, Pogba, Obi, Falque, Pacheco, Zaha).

My season has been very up and down so far - while I've only lost twice since my drubbing in the Supercup, I've also drawn 7 from 13 in the league and another 2 from 4 in the Europa League. World Class is proving to be a very firm challenge for me, despite my years of experience at a lower difficulty (I never really pushed myself to step up before this year :p).

I'm finding that I defend very well, having the best defence in the league (most clean sheets and joint least goals conceded), however my goalscoring prowess is very poor. My team has found just 8 goals from 13 league games which is the joint worst in the league, despite the fact that we are currently one point off a Europa League place (the board's target for the season).

In the Europa League, I'm top of my group having collected 8 points from 4 games, 3 points above second and 4 above 3rd/4th - hence I know a victory in my next game will ensure my passage through to the next round.

I'm certainly showing signs of improving, however I am concerned I may have to improve quickly to stop Bilbao and Atletico getting away from me in the battle for the Europa League spots!

P.s. Having noted the 88/87 potential players listed by Boomerang Cat above, I remembered that I had noticed Pro Vercelli (Serie B) start off with a talented young squad with plenty of room for growth. While I'd like to do a Russian League career, I'm strongly considering taking on Pro Vercelli as my next challenge, or as a second career alongside this one. I think they look worth a go and would probably recommend them to any players looking for a side to build for the future, as the foundations are already there!

Edited by Samao14
Couldn't see the yellow!

Thank you boomerrang cat and samao. I am also playing career mode as sheffield united and have a similar strategy of getting guys from the fifafanatic best young players spreadsheet. They also have a best old players spreadsheet which is useful for low transfer fee oldies.

Good looking out on the enquiry thing. I have never done that, but I will start doing it now.

I have one question: How much money did you get for transfers for winning league 1 boomerang cat? how much after season 2?

Thank you boomerrang cat and samao. I am also playing career mode as sheffield united and have a similar strategy of getting guys from the fifafanatic best young players spreadsheet. They also have a best old players spreadsheet which is useful for low transfer fee oldies.

Good looking out on the enquiry thing. I have never done that, but I will start doing it now.

I have one question: How much money did you get for transfers for winning league 1 boomerang cat? how much after season 2?

I'm really enjoying reading all of the Updates from the various Forum members on their own Career Mode experiences, let's keep them going.

Welcome to x360a clownshoes.

In answer to your question regarding money you receive for winning League One & The Championship I couldn't really answer it accurately, however from memory the Prize Money or rewards granted to you by the Board for winning those Competitions are not very big at all.

My advice is to check the randomly generated Free Transfers Players created by FIFA 13 when starting a new Season to supplement your Transfer Funds and Squad assets as previously written in my Transfer Window tips:

"Transfer Window Tip 1:

Check Free Transfers at the start of every New Season.

At the start of Season 2, I signed several Free Transfer Players that between them added around £10m worth of assets to my Team over the course of Season 2. These Players Attributes are typically Rated from 68 to 72 and they all seem to be aged around 17 to 21.

Note - These Players appear to be fake and randomly generated when a New Season is created, so you will not find the Potential of these Players on the Database."

At the start of Season Three I signed 6 of these randomly generated Free Transfers Players which have added around £15m to £20m worth of assets to my Club.

Even if you have to lie to them about the role they'll play at your Club, you can get rid of them in the next January Transfer Window by selling them or using them in exchange Deals for Players you know the Potential of by using the Database (Here).

I hope this helps. ;)

Edited by Boomerang Cat

That does help. I have yet to do the free agent thing, so I will.

I am on the last month of the first season in league 1, and I am going to win the league.

I am planning on buying boniperti CF/ST/RW/LW/busdriver/sous chef, and gabriel applebees pires CDM or whatever his name is with my winnings. They are both around 1.5 million I would guess -- I have a feeling that I am going to be dissapointed with the money I get from winning.

I will certainly do the free agent thing. Sounds like free money in the January window.

Thanks for your help Boomerang Cat. I will post how my players are developing throughout the season at a later date... I have recently added Leandro on loan from Gremio who I used in Fifa 12 and grows to the mid 80's as I recall and have bought Connor Wickham from Sunderland so have a strong front line at the moment. I like the look of the Pro Vercelli youngsters so will try and sell a few more players to fund their purchases in January.

So following the issues I was having with my save file with Brentford I thought I'd change tack and try something different. I was struggling with Brentford's lack of funds and ended up with a small squad with not many rotation options.

To up the enjoyment I've opted to manage Monaco who have a healthy transfer budget and 9 players that have the potential to get up to at least 75.

I pursued many of the players identified earlier in the thread and for the first time ever have two starting 11s, which still seems excessive to me. Sadly I've already been knocked out of one of the cup competitions, so I may struggle to keep everyone happy.

On the plus side, I am improving no end, and am only 4 points off the top in the league. I am also extremely happy with my first team, which has an average potential of 81. I also managed to snag Fischer who will go up to 87!

Barkroth 80

Lumu 82

Piazon 85

Fischer 87

Ocampos 82

Ndinga 78

L. Benito 80

Rogne 82

Putsko 80

Wynne 66

Cragno 85

I'll post again at the end of the season to show what these players started off on and how they are progressing. I'll also show my 2nd 11 and let you know how these guys get on. They have an average of 77.

Just a quick note on Wynne. He apparently has a potential rating of 66 overall, however I got him to 68 in my first season with Brentford, so that seems off. He is incredibly fast and chipped in with two goals on the first day of the season. Him, Novikovas and Johnny Russell feature in all my FIFA teams at some point...

Hey all, bumped into this forum just now and thought it was pretty interesting - decided to lend some of my personal experiences with players I've used and been impressed with.

When I was playing with Hannover:

At Hannover:

ST: Mame Diouf - starts 77 - potential 80. Has really good speed, finishing, strength and heading. Perfect as a lone striker and extremely cheap for how talented he is.

CDM: Manuel Schmiedebach - starts 75 - potential 80. Great stamina, generally talented all round. Grows well and quickly.

RM: Lars Stindl - starts 77 - potential 81. All round skilled player, not especially quick but dependable player.

Purchased:

CM: Moritz Leitner - starts 74 - potential 83. Not overly cheap to buy but well worth it. Very quick, agile and brilliant as a CAM style player. Great for generating chances for other team members.

CAM: Siems De Jong - starts 77 - potential 83+ (so fifa says lower at 80 but he is 83 on my game). I played this guy in behind my striker in a 4-2-2-1-1 style formation and he's a beast. Scored so many goals with his ridiculous long shots (90+) and fantastic finishing. Highly recommend this guy.

ST: Luc Castaignos -starts 74 - potential 85. With Diouf in my team (who I adore, as said above) it was hard to want to play Luc. However after a year (maybe year and a half) the effort was well worth it. Very fast, skilled and great finishing. Has potential to be exceptional.

With Portsmouth:

In team:

To be honest there is nothing worth talking about in the team. Loads of youngsters but none with great potential. My work has come through free agents and then young players.

Purchased:

ST: Jose Adolfo Valencia - starts 64, potential 76. Bought this guy as he is super fast, strong and an all round useful player - cost me around 1.6mil at 70 rating. His finishing is pretty bad, but since finesse shooting has been nerfed hard, it matters much less. After a very solid season he grew to 73 and was sold for 7mil. Would have happily retained him but about 10 teams bid for him.

CDM: Auremir - starts 68, potential 75. So solid in midfield. Pacey for this position and able to play further forward, back or on either side. Is still the main stay of my midfield.

I can't comment yet but my starting line up is now:

GK: Butland - 69 with 85 potential

LB: Shaw - 68 with 83 potential

CB: Ake - 59 with 84 potential

CB: Alessio Romagnoli - 67 with 84 potential

RB: Elliott Hewitt - 58 with potential 81

Auremir - 68 with 75 potential

CDM: Can't remember second CDM atm

LM: Joshua King - 65 with 74 potential (used on LM-great pace)

RM: Lucas Andersen - 67 with 85 potential

CAM:Powell - 65 with 79 potential

ST: Yesil - 64 with 83 potential

(note all initial figures are from the start of the game, I am in year 3 and all are around the 71-74 region at this stage)

I anticipate keeping the back 5 with subs to be bought, however I am obviously going to need a proper LM (I have a 16 year old from youth with 86 potential, but I don't like using "fake" players - so will sell him) and I don't imagine I'll keep powell as my first CAM. With more money I'll try and get someone else.

I'm actually in the premiership after finishing 6th in the championship and winning the playoff. Currently doing ok, but anticipate a year (or two) to establish myself. Very unlikely I'll get relegated though. Was in the euro league in season two - having finished second in the FA cup first season after some fluley results. (Chelsea won and were in Champions League) Got totally detroyed sadly :(

Hope this is of some interest :)

Edited by Slyfoxxuk

Hey all, bumped into this forum just now and thought it was pretty interesting - decided to lend some of my personal experiences with players I've used and been impressed with.

When I was playing with Hannover:

At Hannover:

ST: Mame Diouf - starts 77 - potential 80. Has really good speed, finishing, strength and heading. Perfect as a lone striker and extremely cheap for how talented he is.

CDM: Manuel Schmiedebach - starts 75 - potential 80. Great stamina, generally talented all round. Grows well and quickly.

RM: Lars Stindl - starts 77 - potential 81. All round skilled player, not especially quick but dependable player.

Purchased:

CM: Moritz Leitner - starts 74 - potential 83. Not overly cheap to buy but well worth it. Very quick, agile and brilliant as a CAM style player. Great for generating chances for other team members.

CAM: Siems De Jong - starts 77 - potential 83+ (so fifa says lower at 80 but he is 83 on my game). I played this guy in behind my striker in a 4-2-2-1-1 style formation and he's a beast. Scored so many goals with his ridiculous long shots (90+) and fantastic finishing. Highly recommend this guy.

ST: Luc Castaignos -starts 74 - potential 85. With Diouf in my team (who I adore, as said above) it was hard to want to play Luc. However after a year (maybe year and a half) the effort was well worth it. Very fast, skilled and great finishing. Has potential to be exceptional.

With Portsmouth:

In team:

To be honest there is nothing worth talking about in the team. Loads of youngsters but none with great potential. My work has come through free agents and then young players.

Purchased:

ST: Jose Adolfo Valencia - starts 64, potential 76. Bought this guy as he is super fast, strong and an all round useful player - cost me around 1.6mil at 70 rating. His finishing is pretty bad, but since finesse shooting has been nerfed hard, it matters much less. After a very solid season he grew to 73 and was sold for 7mil. Would have happily retained him but about 10 teams bid for him.

CDM: Auremir - starts 68, potential 75. So solid in midfield. Pacey for this position and able to play further forward, back or on either side. Is still the main stay of my midfield.

I can't comment yet but my starting line up is now:

GK: Butland - 69 with 85 potential

LB: Shaw - 68 with 83 potential

CB: Ake - 59 with 84 potential

CB: Alessio Romagnoli - 67 with 84 potential

RB: Elliott Hewitt - 58 with potential 81

Auremir - 68 with 75 potential

CDM: Can't remember second CDM atm

LM: Joshua King - 65 with 74 potential (used on LM-great pace)

RM: Lucas Andersen - 67 with 85 potential

CAM:Powell - 65 with 79 potential

ST: Yesil - 64 with 83 potential

(note all initial figures are from the start of the game, I am in year 3 and all are around the 71-74 region at this stage)

I anticipate keeping the back 5 with subs to be bought, however I am obviously going to need a proper LM (I have a 16 year old from youth with 86 potential, but I don't like using "fake" players - so will sell him) and I don't imagine I'll keep powell as my first CAM. With more money I'll try and get someone else.

I'm actually in the premiership after finishing 6th in the championship and winning the playoff. Currently doing ok, but anticipate a year (or two) to establish myself. Very unlikely I'll get relegated though. Was in the euro league in season two - having finished second in the FA cup first season after some fluley results. (Chelsea won and were in Champions League) Got totally detroyed sadly :(

Hope this is of some interest :)

Welcome to x360a Slyfoxxuk, your Career Mode experiences make for good reading and I look forward to further Updates.

Update 6: Experimental Sheffield United Career Mode on World Class Difficulty.

I'm currently near to the end of Season Three so I thought now would be a good time to Update the Thread with the latest additions to my Bargain High Potential young Players Squad which I found by using the Database. (Here)

Each of the Players are absolutely ideal Signings for those starting New Career Mode with lower League Team's like Sheffield United and most of them would also be great additions to the Squads of Bigger Clubs as they are all destined to grow both in Attribute Level and Value.

The aim for Season 3 was to improve the overall qualities of the Two full Teams that I assembled during the previous Season by signing more Players with High Potential which would hopefully give me bigger profits after each Players' development, while also being able to cope with the demands of around 75 Games while competing in The Premier League, Domestic Cups and UEFA Cup.

First of all here are the Transfer Updates from the whole of Season Three, once again continuing the theme of Signing all Bargain High Potential young Players as an ongoing experiment for the x360a Forum.

Sheffield United - Transfer Update Season Three

Players Out:

Summer Transfer Window

Martini Rini - £5,000,000 to Pescara - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player mentioned in my Tips Here.

Girotto Franco - £3,300,000 to Fulham - Another Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Wayne Taylor - £3,600,000 to Wigan - Another Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Del Fabro - £1,000,000 to Lierse - Not physical enough for me at less than 6ft.

Kialka - £1,600,000 to Birmingham - Scouted Youth Player who wasn't getting many Games.

January Transfer Window

Dollery - £3,800,000 to Bolton - Another Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Alessio Crango - £4,500,000 to Cardiff - My GK with Potential of 85, I decided to sell Cragno because I could sign Nicola Leali with Potential 88, for the same money.

Players In:

Summer Transfer Window

Biava - Worth £4,000,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player mentioned in my Tips Here.

Henderson - Worth £3,600,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Giovio - Worth £1,500,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Petit - Worth £3,200,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Shelvey - Worth £3,500,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Dollery - Worth £3,800,000 - Randomly Generated Free Transfer Player.

Richmond Boakye - £8,100,000 from Sassuolo - A Beast of a Striker with Potential of 85.

Adrien Rabiot - £1,700,000 (800k + P. Diaby worth 900k) from PSG - Physical CM/CDM with Potential of 83.

Kurt Zouma - £5,100,000 from PSG - A 6ft 2" Central Defender with Potential of 85.

Terence Kongolo - £2,800,000 from Feyenoord (£1.3m + Clayton worth £1.5m) - A 6ft 2" CB/LB with Potential of 81.

Gabriel "Appelt Pires" - £9,700,000 from Pro Vercelli - A CM/CDM with Potential of 88, it took every penny I could scrape together on Deadline Day to Sign him.

January Transfer Window

Nicola Leali - £4,500,000 from Virtus Lanciano - Signed for the same Fee as I sold Cragno for and Leali has higher Potential of 88.

As you can see the Signing & Selling of Randomly Generated Free Transfer Players are a big part of my Transfer Dealings so far during Season Three. These Deals have enabled me to Sign further High Potential Players such as Gabriel Appelt Pires for £9,700,000 who is now worth £15,000,000 in the March of Season Three.

As for the original Players remaining in my Squad from last Season (Here), they are all still growing very well and I will try to Update the Thread in the near future with the latest Growth Update of the Bargain High Potential young Players featured in my Experimental Sheffield United Career Mode during the course of Season 3.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Free Agents rule -- good looking out boomerang.

I finished my first season as sheffu, and got a little less than 3m USDeez for winning league 1. I immediately tried to buy boniperti and applebeez pires and they both had over 70 attribute and were too expensive. Profound sadness -- I went to Hot Topic and bought a black shirt that says MY XBOX HATES ME.

Also after season 1, I did not sign the dudes with expiring contracts. I thought the wages I was saving would roll over, but I think any transfer funds/wages you have gets wiped to start the new season and the board just gives you an entirely new budget and you can't save money from one season to the next. Is that accurate?

I will be able to tell if this is the case once I win the first season with the new career I started as sheffu.

I started a new season with boomerang's blueprint of free agents and offering players & money for the youngsters.

I did cheat a little bit though -- I didn't realize that all free agents that can grow to 70 or more are randomly assigned to teams at the beginning of the season, and I really wanted the Peruvian LB Saco-somethingsomething, so I put him on my team before starting the new season. That's my only indiscretion though. Almost legit.

Just after starting a career mode as york city and am having a comp with my friend to see who can get them up to the premier league and to win the Cl first :woop:

I started off getting a few free agents and sending out a scout so

transfers in:

Del fabro - season loan (cagliari) - decent adaptable defender

spiess - season loan (notts county) - good lower league goalie

goretzka (vfl bochum) - season loan - class adaptable mid

Ralte - free agent - backup winger

Azogue - free agent - talanted mid

Payne - free agent - good striker

transfers out:

Blair - 150k - Exeter

parslow - 70k - aldershot

I also sent out a cheap scout and signed :

Charlie jones 62 rating(now 66) wotrh 1.7 mil

several alright players in acadamy

so far i am 13th after 19 games - 7w - 4d - 8l

started with 5 straight losses but got to grips with it after that :uzi:

anyway any advice would be welcomed :)

Quick question Boomerang Cat - how do you know the potential rating of the randomly generated players?

Nykstukas, the Potential of the randomly generated Free Transfer Players are all Unknown and therefore cannot be found on the Database, so my advice is to Sign them and sell them all within 12 Months to fund the Signings of Players you know the Potential of.

Just after starting a career mode as york city and am having a comp with my friend to see who can get them up to the premier league and to win the Cl first :woop:

I started off getting a few free agents and sending out a scout so

transfers in:

Del fabro - season loan (cagliari) - decent adaptable defender

spiess - season loan (notts county) - good lower league goalie

goretzka (vfl bochum) - season loan - class adaptable mid

Ralte - free agent - backup winger

Azogue - free agent - talanted mid

Payne - free agent - good striker

transfers out:

Blair - 150k - Exeter

parslow - 70k - aldershot

I also sent out a cheap scout and signed :