10-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Eggman Upgrade Locations
Doctor Eggman has five different upgrades, more than the other two characters in his alignment.
- Purpose: Allows the Egg Walker to hover.
- Requirements: None
- Location: Lost Colony. Allows you to hover after jumping.
- Continue through the stage until you get to a room that is a big circle with no exit. When you enter this room, go to the left and follow the path until you turn again. You should find some metal containers in here that allow you to go up. There is only one set goes all the way up. Follow it up and you should find the Jet Engine.
- Required For: Completing Lost Colony, as well as Weapons Bed and Cosmic Wall later on in the story, and the 3rd missions of Iron Gate and Sand Ocean.
- Equivalent: Tails' Booster.
- Purpose: Upgrades the Homing Missile so that it has a larger attack pattern.
- Requirements: Either the Jet Engine, or the Large Cannon (which in turn incidentally demands the Jet Engine). Note that without Large Cannon, you won't be able to do anything except restart after collecting it.
- Location: Iron Gate. Right after the second Point Marker, there will be a room with four ring jars in the middle. In the room are two water tanks. Destroy them and it will reveal four steel containers destroy them and go straight towards the Laser Blaster.
- Required For: Nothing--it's purely a novelty item to make Eggman's life easier when dealing with groups of enemies.
- Equivalent: Tails gets an identical copy of this upgrade.
- Purpose: Allows you to open up new paths or shortcuts when played at the ancient shrines.
- Requirements: Jet Engine
- Location: Sand Ocean. This is very simple to get. Right at the beginning, on the first spinning platform, go to the left. You must jump and use your Jet Engine to glide your way to the platform. From there, the Mystic Melody is right in front of you.
- Required For: Iron Gate's 3rd mission. Solutions to reach the lost Chao without this item exist in Lost Colony, Weapons Bed, and Cosmic Wall, while it's not even nominally asked for in Sand Ocean.
- Equivalent: Every character gets an identical copy of this upgrade.
- Purpose: An upgrade to the Volcan Cannon so that it can destroy steel containers.
- Requirements: None, except that the Jet Engine is incidentally needed to get to this point in the story (and will be required for the level in any case shortly after this item).
- Location: Weapons Bed. The path straight ahead will have a stack of steel containers, too high to jump over. Go into the center room in the building to the left. The Large Cannon while be behind the door.
- Required For: Nothing in the story--the stack of metal containers can be circumvented in order to advance past the first carrier, as can all similar roadblocks later on. There's finally a blockade of boxes in Iron Gate's final mission can can't be bypassed over or around, marking the one point where this item is required.
- Equivalent: Tails' Bazooka.
- Purpose: Gives the Egg Walker more health points (an increase of 1/7 of its original health bar, about 14%).
- Requirements: Jet Engine.
- Location: Cosmic Wall. When you get past the second checkpoint, there should be an area where you go up from platform to platform. You should then go over a wall and start free falling. On your way down, go to the left side, and you should see a platform with a rocket on it on your way down. Land on this platform and shoot off the rocket. It will bust some cages, allowing you to reach the Protective Armor. After the cages are busted, hover over to the platform and collect your armor. Your life guage should now be bigger, and when full, will be a dark blue rather than a light blue.
- Required For: Nothing--it's purely a novelty item to allow Eggman to take more hits
- Equivalent: None.
Last edited by FeLizP; 10-07-2012 at 08:29 PM.