2000 kills achievement

Dmon

Does anyone have tips on this? Which enemies counts for achievement, best places to farm kills, how to respawn enemies if possible?

Someone mention early here and other threads in websites over google.com said you can fights many in one island but save beforehand so when you wipe all on island or group of enemies then reload and raise and repeat until 2000 killed achievement. I will do it near end of game. You know you can travels all islands later after Sword Coast I think as I still in this island.

Also DLCs help toward to kills.

Save this one for last. This one is a grind as I think I unlocked 500 kills pretty late in first run.

In second run I didn't kill as many enemies on Sword Coast. At end of that game I went back there with blades at ten and experimented around until I found a run of about 50 enemies from one end of island to the other. Each run took about 4-5 minutes but most enemies went down in 2-3 hits at that stage and its mostly firebirds, warthogs, and monkeys that can't block.

At the end of this run I approached a spot near the Inquisition port where the game would autosave. Not sure if this is necessary but the All Skills achievement was a bit buggy so I kept going to that spot to get the autosave then would reload and run through and kill the same 50 enemies again.

There may be a better place for this and it may depend on how many enemies you cleared out first time through sword coast.

Save this one for last. This one is a grind as I think I unlocked 500 kills pretty late in first run.

In second run I didn't kill as many enemies on Sword Coast. At end of that game I went back there with blades at ten and experimented around until I found a run of about 50 enemies from one end of island to the other. Each run took about 4-5 minutes but most enemies went down in 2-3 hits at that stage and its mostly firebirds, warthogs, and monkeys that can't block.

At the end of this run I approached a spot near the Inquisition port where the game would autosave. Not sure if this is necessary but the All Skills achievement was a bit buggy so I kept going to that spot to get the autosave then would reload and run through and kill the same 50 enemies again.

There may be a better place for this and it may depend on how many enemies you cleared out first time through sword coast.

First of all, congrats on being what looks to be the first person to get 1100. Secondly, is there anyway you can make a small tip thread for some of the achievements. I.E.

1.) All-rounder

2.) Deep sea fisherman ( What constitutes a sea creature exactly?)

Also did you make a special save and reload it after beating the game or did you just start a new one?

Any help is much appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I just posted a short novel in another link about All Rounder - see that thread

Deep Sea Fisherman I got after killing a Leviathan so they count. I would think the humanoid Drowned Ones (I think that is what they are called) that drop the axes would count as well. Not sure about crabs.

I fortunately had a save right before committing to the Tribe vs. Inquisition and went back to that and played through as the other side. There is only one specific quest achievement for each, but once you've picked a side you lose the bulk of either the guns or voodoo trainers.

I just posted a short novel in another link about All Rounder - see that thread

Deep Sea Fisherman I got after killing a Leviathan so they count. I would think the humanoid Drowned Ones (I think that is what they are called) that drop the axes would count as well. Not sure about crabs.

I fortunately had a save right before committing to the Tribe vs. Inquisition and went back to that and played through as the other side. There is only one specific quest achievement for each, but once you've picked a side you lose the bulk of either the guns or voodoo trainers.

Thanks, I got Deep sea fisherman while fighting sand devils and a giant crab.

Thanks for the info there Tower Bridge.

As for making a save and reloading to get kills.

I tried that method for the 20 Ambient animals and i got more than 20 that way and didnt get the achievement. So i dont think that method works anymore.

I thought the turkeys, monkeys and rats counted for this and now I'm unsure. The only thing I can say is that it popped when I killed a rat.

pet cemetery and crab catcher are both glitchy. i got crab catcher after my 15th/16th crab and the ambient animals cheevo unlocked after killing a turkey on the sword coast and i'd killed everything i'd come across up to that point and had way more than 20 warthog/rat/turkey kills.

deep sea fisherman unlocked for my after killing a crab so they count towards it.

pet cemetery and crab catcher are both glitchy. i got crab catcher after my 15th/16th crab and the ambient animals cheevo unlocked after killing a turkey on the sword coast and i'd killed everything i'd come across up to that point and had way more than 20 warthog/rat/turkey kills.

deep sea fisherman unlocked for my after killing a crab so they count towards it.

Yep, the numbers are well off on these. I made sure I was getting the killing blows to make sure and it still took almost double the number till they popped. Still waiting on the ambient one to pop :/

This is my last achievement. I'm just not sure if I should grind it, or just try to play through the game one more time. The former would be faster, but the latter might make me a bit less insane. I'm just not sure if I want to play through this glitch-fest one more time. My character has 11 in blades and 9 in toughness, with the soul caller sword, so I can kill enemies pretty fast.

I did everything else in the game before heading to the Isle of Thieves. By my count, there are 56 enemies there if you include the gargoyle spawns, but I didn't count the gnome eater because he just takes too long to kill. If I do this, I'd load save two, kill everything on the island, and save it under save 3. Repeat until it unlocks.

I doubt there is anyway to see how many kills you've made, is there?

I'm busy grinding this last one on the Isle of Thieves, killing Sunken Ones, termites, cave bats, giant crabs and sand devils.

I hope these all count as monsters for the 2000 kills? Anyone who could shed some light on the subject?

I really hate it when games throw in an achievement like this. I doubt there are more than 800 enemies in the entire game. I opted to take the "start over" route and I just made it out of the Sword Coast. Not having fun.

Totally agree. It was quite doable in the original as you kinda needed two playthroughs (well you did when it first came out at least and there wasn't knowledge of where to save) and if you cleared the island both times, you easily got it. In this one however, I only got the 500 kills one in the last quarter of the game and I had been killing everything I could find.

It wouldn't be too bad if there was a good reason to go through the game again, but aside from choosing the opposite faction, there is zero replayability in the game. A real shame as there's tons of content for your first play but I'll be bummed sideways if I want to do all that again.

Totally agree. It was quite doable in the original as you kinda needed two playthroughs (well you did when it first came out at least and there wasn't knowledge of where to save) and if you cleared the island both times, you easily got it. In this one however, I only got the 500 kills one in the last quarter of the game and I had been killing everything I could find.

It wouldn't be too bad if there was a good reason to go through the game again, but aside from choosing the opposite faction, there is zero replayability in the game. A real shame as there's tons of content for your first play but I'll be bummed sideways if I want to do all that again.

Mmm Hmmm..

I went back to the isle of thieves method, sans gargoyles. Here is a little map of my run.

http://s8.postimage.org/z2dskeosl/Risen_2_Monster_Map.jpg

I start at the beach and kill the crab and four sand devils (5), run up the path to Slayne's cave and kill five termites (10). I go through Slayne's cave, triggering the cutscene, killing everything in there and coming out the other side (17). Murder the Leviathan, the sunken ones and the lone crab (26). Go west, past Jaffar, and kill the two sand devils down the path behind him (28). Go west and kill the crab (29), then head north and kill the next crab you see (30). Keep going north - you should see a camp - and kill the sand devils next to it (32). Keep heading north, walk over a hill, and kill the four threatening crabs (36). Head southeast and kill the panther (37) and then turn east and kill the termite (38). Finally, head north and kill all of the termites, including the ones in the cave (46). Be sure to save under a new slot and then reload to do it again.

I'm going to do this run three times per day, to keep me from going insane if I do it too much. Hopefully I'll get the achievement within a week.

*It took me ages to find an image hosting site that worked. Imageshack changed everything to force you to register, and imgur kept giving me random images when I uploaded the map. Hopefully this hosting site is reliable.

7 hours of grinding today with 320 kills per hour = 2,240 kills plus the roughly 800 kills between the 2 play throughs = just over 3000 kills and still no achievement. Just now as I was getting ready to give up, I decided to give it one last run for the evening. Mind you, I was doing this on the sword coast. As I was running through a small cave to kill 2 cave bats I noticed that they weren't there but something kept glitching in and out of the right side wall. Upon further inspection I noticed that it was a cave bat wing and decided to swing at it for an easy kill. After a couple swings it wouldn't disappear yet I was getting glory every couple swings. I said screw it, made a save and kept hammering away at the beast. 5 minutes later my final achievement popped and I was beyond ecstatic. Out of my own curiosity I decided to reload the save and every time it loads I'm the one glitched inside of the wall. Times like these are when I wish I had a capture card. Good luck to everyone going for this extremely buggy achievement.

I went back to the isle of thieves method, sans gargoyles. Here is a little map of my run.

I start at the beach and kill the crab and four sand devils (5), run up the path to Slayne's cave and kill five termites (10). I go through Slayne's cave, triggering the cutscene, killing everything in there and coming out the other side (17). Murder the Leviathan, the sunken ones and the lone crab (26). Go west, past Jaffar, and kill the two sand devils down the path behind him (28). Go west and kill the crab (29), then head north and kill the next crab you see (30). Keep going north - you should see a camp - and kill the sand devils next to it (32). Keep heading north, walk over a hill, and kill the four threatening crabs (36). Head southeast and kill the panther (37) and then turn east and kill the termite (38). Finally, head north and kill all of the termites, including the ones in the cave (46). Be sure to save under a new slot and then reload to do it again.

I'm going to do this run three times per day, to keep me from going insane if I do it too much. Hopefully I'll get the achievement within a week.

*It took me ages to find an image hosting site that worked. Imageshack changed everything to force you to register, and imgur kept giving me random images when I uploaded the map. Hopefully this hosting site is reliable.

Nice stategy. Credit is due for your commitment!

7 hours of grinding today with 320 kills per hour = 2,240 kills plus the roughly 800 kills between the 2 play throughs = just over 3000 kills and still no achievement. Just now as I was getting ready to give up, I decided to give it one last run for the evening. Mind you, I was doing this on the sword coast. As I was running through a small cave to kill 2 cave bats I noticed that they weren't there but something kept glitching in and out of the right side wall. Upon further inspection I noticed that it was a cave bat wing and decided to swing at it for an easy kill. After a couple swings it wouldn't disappear yet I was getting glory every couple swings. I said screw it, made a save and kept hammering away at the beast. 5 minutes later my final achievement popped and I was beyond ecstatic. Out of my own curiosity I decided to reload the save and every time it loads I'm the one glitched inside of the wall. Times like these are when I wish I had a capture card. Good luck to everyone going for this extremely buggy achievement.

Nice to hear it finally popped for you!

@ Spockroxfaces: I think you took too much normal enemies into account, which is why you ended up with about 3000 kills before it popped. Monkeys, boars, alligators, jaguars, panthers and the like do not count for Big Game Hunter, seeing as it requires 2000 monster kills.

I did the exact same thing as Askeroth described above, on the Isle of Thieves. But you don't need to save under a new slot. Just save right before clearing the island, then do your run and reload. The island is perfect for grinding the achievement because it contains nothing but monsters: giant crabs, cave bats, sand devils, sunken ones and termites. I just got it during my 7th run, and I'm never playing this fucked up game again.

Edited by Aponac

@ Spockroxfaces: I think you took too much normal enemies into account, which is why you ended up with about 3000 kills before it popped. Monkeys, boars, alligators, jaguars, panthers and the like do not count for Big Game Hunter, seeing as it requires 2000 monster kills.

I did the exact same thing as Askeroth described above, on the Isle of Thieves. But you don't need to save under a new slot. Just save right before clearing the island, then do your run and reload. The island is perfect for grinding the achievement because it contains nothing but monsters: giant crabs, cave bats, sand devils, sunken ones and termites. I just got it during my 7th run, and I'm never playing this fucked up game again.

This is probably not acurate. Just because a creature is an animal, doesn't mean that the game doesn't treat it as a monster. I think the game distinguishes between ambient creatures (like rats, turkeys and small monkeys) and monsters (so creatures like warthogs, sand devils, jaguars and claw monkeys are considered monsters).

You can spot the difference by the amount of glory points you receive from the kill. Anything worth 20 glory points or below is considered an ambient creature. Anything worth 50 glory points or above is considered a monster.

I got Pet Cemetery while fighting rats in the second island (I think warthogs don't count as I killed all of them in Ticarigua and they are more than 20 for sure), got Deep Sea Fisherman while fighting Sand Devils and Crabs (can't remember which one finaly poped the achievement).

I also got Beginner while killing a warthog which leads me to conclude that they really count as monsters.

I'm still in Antigua though, and I don't even have Bane of the Beasts let alone Big Game Hunter. These are just my opinions on what the game perceives as "monsters".