Challenge Strategy Thread

For there to be any possibility of a guide for this game getting put on the site, we need strategies listed for each of the challenges below. Some of them are pretty easy, some are pretty tough, but we need strategies for each of them.

Anyone want to jump in and help?

Eagle Eye Engagement

Score of 12,600 points or more

[/url]Aerial assault

Score of 16,000 points or more

Tougher Than Nails

Score of 21,000 points or more

Unstable ground

Score of 7,200 points or more

Undead Attrition

Score of 4,800 points or more

Close Combat Clash

Score of 6,400 points or more

Living Nightmare

Score of 6,600 points or more

Stone Age Struggle

Score of 12,000 points or more

Poor Equipment

Score of 5,400 points or more

Napalm Warfare

Score of 6,400 points or more

High Tech Horror

Score of 9,000 points or more

Engineer Prodigy

Score of 6,000 points or more.

The general tips from Southernmade are below:

1. When I start out on a level, I usually deploy 2 Quakemakers in front of the spawn. This slows the speed of the incoming hordes. I'll follow with a flamethrower in back of hammers.

2.Next I'll deploy 2 turrets covering the line to the shack. These will take out the fast creatures like the winged horror, skinny and hounds. Learn the spacing for turrets and leave spots to add later.

3.Upgrade everything at this point to level 4. If you need to add a cannon or 2.

4.I will upgrade the turret in the middle to level 6.

At this point, the challenge will dictate what i do next, but I start out almost every level like this.

Remember to use Quakemakers and Choppas to clog the lane. Place your turrets, cannons and Pulsewaves on the outside of the lanes.

Set traps with the Decoy. I like to surround decoys with 2 flamethrowers and 2 cannons in a corner somewhere.

Use the terrain to your advantage. Use pulsewaves around the mud patches to decrease there speed even more. Very important on the small levels.

I upgrade a line of turrets to level 6. When i need to retreat, I can use the damage multiplier to my advantage.

• 2 weeks later...

I just beat high tech horror using only machine guns. I built a line of level one guns just south of the flag stones, starting at the zombie spawn point all the way to the safe house. I then worked on upgrading them all to level 4, and then built 3 more around the edge of the safe house and got them to level 4.

After that, I upgraded the one that was in my original line next to the house to level 6 and sat on it to enhance damage. I only left it when I had enough money to build a turret and immediately upgrade it to level 4. I built a second row from the spawn point to the safe house north of the flag stones, then upgraded my other middle turret next to the safe house to level 6. After that I camped out on my two level 6 turrets and put extra money into upgrading the turrets directly in front of them. I stopped actively playing at 9,000 points and survived until 9,890.

Hope this helps folks.

• 2 weeks later...

Stone Age Struggle:

I started with 3 quakemakers at the spawn, with three cannon behind them. I then upgraded them all to level 2 (quakemakers first), then all to level 3, then all to level 4. At that point I went back to the shack and put 4 cannon as close as possible, and upgraded them to level 2. After that, I went and upgraded the two quakemakers at the spawn with the best overall coverage (for my layout it was the two to the farthest left) to level 6, and the middle cannon to level 5. I then created two more quakemakers behind the row of cannon and upgraded them to level 4. After this, I focused only on the shack.

I upgraded the cannon to level 4, then put in 4 quakemakers in front of them, upgrading the two in the middle to level 5 and the one closest to the sandbox to level 6. I camped on the second from the left cannon and upgraded it to level 5 when I could. I hit 12,000 (the goal) shortly thereafter and waited out until the game ended at around 13,500.

• 3 weeks later...

Tougher Than Nails (no dismemberment, goal 21,000)

i tried quite a few variations on this until I got this particular layout to work. My first attempt with this layout I ended at 19,700, my second was 20,950 (SO frustrating!) and then the third was 23,562 (you need 21,000 for the achievement).

I started with moving to the spawn point and putting a level 2 cannon at the right edge of the spawn, with two quakemakers along the spawn line. I got all of those up to level 4, and then the middle quakemaker up to level 6. I then put two more quakemakers behind them, starting as close to the rubble as I could, and as close to the original line of turrets. I got those to level 4, and then built 6 turrets in short order. Around the rubble pile I built a quakemaker directly above the turret already touching the rubble, and two on the other side as well, putting them both as far south as possible while in a vertical line. I then put a final quakemaker on top. I also built two cannon on the left side of my existing quakemaker lines.

My second row of quakemakers then got moved up to level 6, and every other turret up to level 4. I built two more level 4 cannon on the upper right side of the turrets around the rubble pile, and then focused purely on getting the quakemakers closest to the spawn point up to level 6. If it helps with visualizing the layout, basically it was the shortest path the zombies could take from the spawn point to the midpoint of the map, with pairs of quakemakers on the path, and cannon on the outside firing into the path.

I spent the game as close to the spawn as I could, preferably running between two level 6 quakemakers. This increases their damage of course, but it also keeps most of the specials hanging around you. This is definitely critical with the Winged Horror since I didn't build any rifle turrets. For me, I like rifle turrets primarily because of their high dismemberment rate, and with dismemberment disabled in this scenario there didn't seem much point. Of course, they still do double damage to Winged Horrors, so it might work well to replace one or more of the cannon with rifles. Later in the game you have to get VERY close to the Winged Horror for it to stop its beeline to the shack, so bear that in mind. Both times I lost with this setup was because I couldn't get to a Winged Horror and was out of bombs.

• 2 months later...

Close Combat Clash (Target score 6,400)

Using this strategy I got to grade S (9,900 score) and should have gone higher but I wasn't paying attention and didn’t use a shack defence. So don’t be afraid to use them if anything fast or flying goes past your towers and starts attacking the shack!

I started with 3 quakemakers at the spawn followed by a flamethrower behind the central quakemaker.

I then upgraded the flamer to level 3 and the quakemakers to level 2.

I built a 2nd flamer behind the original 1 (on the spawn side of the river)

I proceeded to upgrade these 5 towers to level 4.

Next I built 2 flamethrowers infront of the shack (1 next to the middle of the mud patch and the other just south of this. I upgraded these both to level 2 initially.

I then built 2 more quakemakers either side of the initial flamethrower and upgraded these to level 3.

Next I built another flamer the other side of the river behind the 1st flamer (sort of bottom left of the mud patch. I upgraded this to level 4 and then upgraded the towers at the shack to level 4 followed by the the last 2 quakemakers to level 4.

Next I upgraded the 2nd flamethrower to level 6.

Then I built 2 more flamethrowers on the shack side of the river (either side of the flamer that was already built) and upgraded these to level 4.

I then upgraded the flamer in the middle of these to level 6.

The final tower that I built was in-between the flamer at the shack defence and the middle flamer on that side of the river. I upgraded this to level 4.

You should have a high enough score by now for the achievement so just upgrade what any of the other flamers to level 5/6 if you want to keep going!

See my high Tech (and definitely to scale!) picture for a graphical view :D

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9954/zombieattack2closecomba.png

First of all I will quote this comment by 'fastman309':

I was playing a challenge the other night, and I had accidently hit the power button instead of the volume, and my phone went into sleep mode, I started the game right back up (luckily it takes you straight back into the game, and not the phone dash) and all the special zombies had disappeared, leaving only the normal zombies...

I tested this out and it seems on some challenge map it either takes away the zombies, or turns them into the normal zombies, I was playing aerial assault and it turned all the flyers into normal zombies

It is a bit of a cheat and not necessary but if you start getting really over-run by special zombies then it can be a game saver. The only down side is that your weapon doesn't get upgraded as the game goes on. However, you shouldn't realistically be fighting the zombies that way, you should instead be concentrating on standing on your most powerful turret to enhance its power.

Eagle Eye Engagement (12,600 points or more)

You're very limited to turrets in this map, and have no Quakemakers or others to effectively slow zombies down so I just built all Rifle Turrets.

I started off by building three as shown in the 'diagram' below, then immediately began upgrading them to level 4. I made sure to stand on the middle turret almost at all times to give it the 1.5x damage multiplier. Next I upgraded that turret to level 6.

After this I used a rule for myself: build two more turrets, upgrade them to level 4 and then upgrade another to level 6.

The first two turrets to build after the original three would be in front, so closer to the spawn and where the enemies move upwards before heading towards the shack. The next to upgrade to level 6 would be the lower of the three originals.

Now build two more turrets to level 4 closer to the shack, just in case any zombies start to get through and the turrets in front don't turn around to shoot them immediately. Once again, upgrade the uppermost turret of the original three to level 6.

Next is just a matter of personal choice. As a kind of pattern I chose to build a new turret near the front, in the small spaces left between the others, and a second closer to the shack. The next to upgrade to level 6 would be one slightly closer to the shack (for example, as in the diagram). Again just continue to build one at the front and one at the back so as to cover your defences as best as possible. Just hang around on that original middle turret whilst waiting for money to keep it at a 1.5x damage multiplier. If you start to get over-run because of the special zombies appearing, particularly Hounds, then just walk in circles over your level 6 turrets to avoid being hit by them. Doing this will ensure the zombies head towards you instead of the shack. For the level 6 turrets concentrate on the ones around the middle as they will reach most zombies on the map.

Using this you should easily be able to get an A grade (although you only need to get a B). If zombies get through and you remember to use your four shack defences which you would have at this point then it shouldn't be difficult at all to get an S grade.

http://s29.postimg.org/qb5f9l8af/Eagle_Eye_Engagement.png

Edited by Avenged Remains

One tip I thought I would add is that after playing a couple of challenges, I noticed that they were all fairly easy. I think one of the most important strategies is to clog the entrance as best as possible with quakemakers or choppas. Behind these with some cannons or flamethrowers. I place rifles on the outside lane of these. Try to upgrade everything to level 4, with whatever you find necessary for your challenge to level 6. Mix in pulsewaves (I hardly used them) if you want.

Also, stay close to the entrance. It seemed to me that the zombies would try to chase YOU more than they wanted to get to your base. I would stay at the beginning, camping on my various guns to make them more powerful. When a zombie would get close I would move to a new one. I made it past round 40 once without a zombie ever getting over halfway to my base.

Make sure to use the "phone lock" trick if there is a special zombie you do not want to deal with.

I hope these suggestions help.

High Tech Horror (9,000 points or more)

I tried the method that Creech described for this challenge but couldn't seem to succeed that way so I figured I’d try a method of my own and it worked first time.

First of all I started by building three Pulsewave turrets around the spawn to slow the zombies down. I then built three Rifle turrets behind these to dismember and do more damage in later waves. Next I upgraded all six of these turrets to level 2, starting with the middle Pulsewave, then the left and the right and continuing with the same pattern for the Rifle turrets. I followed this pattern upgrading them to level 3 and then to level 4. Whilst waiting for money to accrue to do this I ran around in circles over the Rifle turrets and struck any of the zombies in the back that got past so that they would turn around and attack me.

Next I worked on fortifying the Shack. When I had enough money to build a Rifle turret and upgrade it to level 4 I ran to the base and did so. After building three surrounding the base I did the same with three Pulsewaves, all the while continuing to run over the original three Rifle turrets to power them up to 1.5x damage.

Once these six new turrets were built (in opposite fashion to the originals) I concentrated on powering them up whilst upgrading the Rifle turrets there to level 5 and the middle one to 6. Finally I upgraded the middle Pulsewave closest to the Shack and middle Rifle closest to the Spawn to level 6. By this point you should have more than 9,000 points so you can either stop, or if going for an S grade carry on however you wish as you should still have your shack defences to use.

http://s24.postimg.org/vpt3oja6d/High_Tech_Horror.png

Aerial Assault (16,000 points or more)

I only tried one method on this and it worked straight away so I’ll just explain what I did. If you use the whole phone lock trick then this challenge would be played very differently, but I don’t see any reason to do so as the challenge is easy enough as it is and with Winged Horrors spawning every three zombies things could become very tedious.

Another thing to note about this layout is that you have to be very careful with your positioning of turrets as you will need to maximise the available space to fit everything in as described.

So, you want to start by placing a Rifle turret in the small space between the spawn and gap and then two Quakemakers above the spawn. Then build another Rifle turret above the first, or to the left of the mud patch. Begin upgrading the two Rifles to level 4 and then the two Quakemakers to level 4 afterwards. After this build a Flamethrower above these and upgrade it to level 4. Whilst doing this you may have a little trouble with a couple of Winged Horrors flying off towards the shack, but all you need to do is move slightly right and slash them a couple of times.

Next you need to build three sets of two Rifle turrets heading towards the shack. Build a lower one then an upper and alternate levelling them up to 4, then continue to move right to the next column (use the diagram if that sounds confusing). Once this is done build another column of rifle turrets (but three this time) and again upgrade them to level 4.

You will notice that some Brutes have begun to get past your initial defences. Push them back a bit more by building another Flamethrower to level 4 above and to the right of the original. Note that at this point you should be giving the furthest right turrets 1.5x damage multipliers until you have enough money because new turrets will be costing a lot.

Now upgrade the middle right turret to level 6 and the ones above and below to level 5. Once you’ve done this build two Pulsewaves to the right and upgrade them to level 4 to slow any stray Winged Horrors that might be making their way through. Build another rifle turret to the right of these and upgrade that to level 6 (it should be almost central to the Shack).

Finally, upgrade the level 5 turrets to level 6 and build a level 6 rifle turret as far right and as low as possible. Before you manage to finish this turret however you will reach 16,000 points. If you wish to continue for an S rank this layout makes reaching the Shack almost impossible for the Winged Horrors as I struggled to let them destroy it quickly.

http://s24.postimg.org/829rhgbb9/Aerial_Assault.png

Unstable Ground

Start this challenge by building a Rifle turret just to the right of the mud and rocks next to the spawn, and as close to the gap as possible. Then build two Quakemakers next to the spawn and a Flamethrower on the opposite side of the mud to the Rifle turret, as far south as possible.

Now start upgrading level by level up to 4 in this order: right Quakemaker, Flamethrower, Rifle, left Quakemaker. Note that while you’re waiting for money to build up you should be boosting the damage of the Flamethrower. Once these are upgraded build two more Rifle turrets up to level 4 to the right of the original one, as close as possible to it and in a vertical line.

Next build another Flamethrower to the left of the original and upgrade that to level 4, remembering to hang around the original one to boost its damage. Build another rifle turret to the right of the vertical ones and upgrade it to level 6 when you have enough cash.

The final couple of steps are to build a Quakemaker above the original Flamethrower up to level 4 and then a final flamethrower slightly to the right and north of the original. Keep upgrading this and by the time it reaches level 6 you will have enough points.

After this I just left the game and survived to over 10,000 points which is an S grade.

http://s12.postimg.org/ctccpz4wt/Unstable_Ground.png

What determines when a challenge ends because on the first one "Eagle Eye" I think I have everything under control but then all of a sudden the challenge ends and says I got a D grade but no zombies were getting through.

The challenges end the same way as survival mode. A zombie must have broke through somehow because the only way for it to end is for the shack to be destroyed. Maybe it was a Winged Horror, they fly pretty fast so you could easily miss one and not notice it destroying your shack.

Engineer Prodigy

This is definitely the easiest of the challenges as not only are there no detriments to your game but you also get a 3x damage multiplier instead of 1.5x. You also only need 6,000 points so chances are you won’t need a guide. However, here’s the method that I used just in case you need help.

First I started with a Rifle turret next to the top left corner of the mud patch, simply to help with any stray Winged Horrors that get through. Next I build three Quakemakers around the spawn. I then started upgrading these three turrets to level 4, starting with the middle, then the left and then the right. While waiting for money to accrue you should be boosting the power of the middle Quakemaker.

After this I build a Flamethrower between the middle Quakemaker and the Rifle turret. I began to sit on this instead of the Quakemaker and levelled it all the way up to 6. Whilst continuing to power this up I upgraded the Rifle to level 4. Finally, I build another Flamethrower to the left of the first and upgraded that to level 4.

My last step was to build another Flamethrower to the right up to level 4, upgrade the left Quakemaker to level 5 and finally to upgrade the left Flamethrower to level 6. At this point you will have your B grade. I left my game and it only ended at 8,000 on an A grade.

http://s2.postimg.org/xvqho00dl/Engineer_Prodigy.png

/url]

Living Nightmare

Another pretty easy challenge, this one makes things simpler by having less special zombies and no Winged Horrors or Skinnys that can charge past towards the Shack.

So for this I built three Quakemakers around the spawn and a Flamethrower behind the middle one, standing on the Flamethrower for the entire challenge to power it up. I then upgraded them all to level 4, starting with the middle Quakemaker, then the left, then the right and lastly the Flamethrower. I then built two more Flamethrowers either side of the original one and upgraded them to level 4.

Next I upgraded the middle Flamethrower and then the middle Quakemaker to level 6. I then built three more Flamethrowers behind the first three and upgraded them all to level 4. My final steps were to upgrade the other two original Flamethrowers and then the middle one of the second set to level 5. At this point you should have more than 6,600 points, but I left my game and reached 8,500 so it should be no problem to get a lot more than that.

http://s22.postimg.org/uuej8d7u9/Living_Nightmare.png

Napalm Warfare

I struggled with this one a little, but after trying a few variants I found a method that worked for me using only Flamethrowers. I found that the Cannons weren’t very useful because they fired too slowly and kept missing their targets. I generally never use Decoys anyway because I try to attack the zombies so they target me rather than the shack.

I started by building three turrets (remember I only used Flamethrowers) around the spawn and upgraded them to level 4. I then built two sets of three turrets heading back towards the shack, building one and upgrading it to level 4 before starting the next. As a general rule I always tend to stick around a specific group of turrets to power them up, but for this challenge I found that concentrating on the latest one I was building whilst attacking any zombies that were breaking through worked better. This way the Skinnys and Winged Horrors that headed for the Shack turned around and targeted me instead.

Next I built another turret on the second stone closest to the shack and upgraded it to level 4. The next three and final turrets, which again I built and upgraded before moving to the next, were situated as close to the top of the mud patch and as far left as possible, north of this and to the left of the shack and last of all another above the mud patch but on the right side this time.

For the last few steps I upgraded the first of the final three turrets to level 6, then the one on the stone to level 5 and the third of the final three turrets to level 5. I had to use all three shack defences that I had to make it to this point and pass 6,400 points but I did die twice while not paying attention to my health which meant some of the zombies reached the shack and badly damaged it.

http://s4.postimg.org/3qcl0hv3h/Napalm_Warfare.png

Poor Equipment

To start this challenge I built the ever useful three Quakemakers around the spawn and one Flamethrower in between the middle one and the bottom left corner of the mud patch. Normally you wouldn’t need the Flamethrower this early but it was to help with any Winged Horrors that spawned. I upgraded the three Quakemakers to level 4 starting with the middle, then the left and then the right. Whilst waiting for enough money I made sure to boost the damage of the middle Quakemaker. It is very important to concentrate on this as whichever turret you power up will remain at 1.5x damage whereas the others are only at 0.5x.

After this I upgraded the Flamethrower to level 4 and began to boost that instead of the Quakemaker. Once at level 4 I built a Rifle turret (again to help with Winged Horrors) up to level 4 at the bottom left corner of the mud patch. I then continued to upgrade the Flamethrower all the way to level 6. Whilst still boosting its power I built two more Flamethrowers either side of it up to level 4.

At this point the zombies will most likely be breaking through a little so once I had enough money I backed off towards the shack and built another Flamethrower to stand on next to the top right corner of the mud patch. Before upgrading it to level 4 I built two Quakemakers either side of it to slow any Skinnys down that managed to charge through. After the new Flamethrower I upgraded both of these Quakemakers to the level 4. Finally I finished getting the new Flamethrower to level 6.

This will be enough points for the challenge achievement but it’d be pretty easy to continue for a higher grade. The only problem might be a Flesh Beast getting to the Shack as they do not get distracted by you, but this would be an acceptable time to use a shack defence.

http://s4.postimg.org/q5ltr665p/Poor_Equipment.png

Undead Attrition

Another start with three Quakemakers around the spawn and a Rifle to the right of the mud and above the gap (for Winged Horrors). Upgrade the middle, then the left and then the right Quakemakers to level 4 and then the Rifle. Next build a Flamethrower to the left of the mud and above the right Quakemaker and upgrade it all the way to level 6.

Now build two more Flamethrowers to the left and upgrade them to level 4, and then go back to the middle Quakemaker and upgrade that to level 6.

Only two more turrets are needed at this point: both Flamethrowers to level 4. Build the first above the level 6 Flamethrower and the second to the right and slightly above the mud patch. Now just upgrade the Flamethrower above the level 6 Quakemaker to level 5 and you will have enough points.

After leaving things at this point I survived to 6,400 points, an A grade, so it would be very easy to get much higher.

http://s18.postimg.org/7lwyofs95/Undead_Attrition.png

Napalm Warfare

I struggled with this one a little, but after trying a few variants I found a method that worked for me using only Flamethrowers. I found that the Cannons weren’t very useful because they fired too slowly and kept missing their targets. I generally never use Decoys anyway because I try to attack the zombies so they target me rather than the shack.

I started by building three turrets (remember I only used Flamethrowers) around the spawn and upgraded them to level 4. I then built two sets of three turrets heading back towards the shack, building one and upgrading it to level 4 before starting the next. As a general rule I always tend to stick around a specific group of turrets to power them up, but for this challenge I found that concentrating on the latest one I was building whilst attacking any zombies that were breaking through worked better. This way the Skinnys and Winged Horrors that headed for the Shack turned around and targeted me instead.

Next I built another turret on the second stone closest to the shack and upgraded it to level 4. The next three and final turrets, which again I built and upgraded before moving to the next, were situated as close to the top of the mud patch and as far left as possible, north of this and to the left of the shack and last of all another above the mud patch but on the right side this time.

For the last few steps I upgraded the first of the final three turrets to level 6, then the one on the stone to level 5 and the third of the final three turrets to level 5. I had to use all three shack defences that I had to make it to this point and pass 6,400 points but I did die twice while not paying attention to my health which meant some of the zombies reached the shack and badly damaged it.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2359/napalmwarfare.png

Thanks for that, I'd tried various strategy's on this level none of which had worked. I changed your build order slightly but this worked for me on my 2nd attempt.

Just got 2 more to do now but I don't think they'll be as tough as this 1!

Stone Age Struggle:

I started with 3 quakemakers at the spawn, with three cannon behind them. I then upgraded them all to level 2 (quakemakers first), then all to level 3, then all to level 4. At that point I went back to the shack and put 4 cannon as close as possible, and upgraded them to level 2. After that, I went and upgraded the two quakemakers at the spawn with the best overall coverage (for my layout it was the two to the farthest left) to level 6, and the middle cannon to level 5. I then created two more quakemakers behind the row of cannon and upgraded them to level 4. After this, I focused only on the shack.

I upgraded the cannon to level 4, then put in 4 quakemakers in front of them, upgrading the two in the middle to level 5 and the one closest to the sandbox to level 6. I camped on the second from the left cannon and upgraded it to level 5 when I could. I hit 12,000 (the goal) shortly thereafter and waited out until the game ended at around 13,500.

I used a very similar strategy.

Heres a pic! (Top number is build order, bottom number is tower level)

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5893/stoneagestruggle.png

Tougher Than Nails (no dismemberment, goal 21,000)

i tried quite a few variations on this until I got this particular layout to work. My first attempt with this layout I ended at 19,700, my second was 20,950 (SO frustrating!) and then the third was 23,562 (you need 21,000 for the achievement).

I started with moving to the spawn point and putting a level 2 cannon at the right edge of the spawn, with two quakemakers along the spawn line. I got all of those up to level 4, and then the middle quakemaker up to level 6. I then put two more quakemakers behind them, starting as close to the rubble as I could, and as close to the original line of turrets. I got those to level 4, and then built 6 turrets in short order. Around the rubble pile I built a quakemaker directly above the turret already touching the rubble, and two on the other side as well, putting them both as far south as possible while in a vertical line. I then put a final quakemaker on top. I also built two cannon on the left side of my existing quakemaker lines.

My second row of quakemakers then got moved up to level 6, and every other turret up to level 4. I built two more level 4 cannon on the upper right side of the turrets around the rubble pile, and then focused purely on getting the quakemakers closest to the spawn point up to level 6. If it helps with visualizing the layout, basically it was the shortest path the zombies could take from the spawn point to the midpoint of the map, with pairs of quakemakers on the path, and cannon on the outside firing into the path.

I spent the game as close to the spawn as I could, preferably running between two level 6 quakemakers. This increases their damage of course, but it also keeps most of the specials hanging around you. This is definitely critical with the Winged Horror since I didn't build any rifle turrets. For me, I like rifle turrets primarily because of their high dismemberment rate, and with dismemberment disabled in this scenario there didn't seem much point. Of course, they still do double damage to Winged Horrors, so it might work well to replace one or more of the cannon with rifles. Later in the game you have to get VERY close to the Winged Horror for it to stop its beeline to the shack, so bear that in mind. Both times I lost with this setup was because I couldn't get to a Winged Horror and was out of bombs.

I followed this strategy, but like you say the winged horrors become a real pain and it really wasn't working for me.

So instead I amended it slightly, I started off building the cannons and quakemakers by the spawn as above. Then to combat the winged horrors I built Rifles along the white line from the shack to the gap on the bottom by the spawn. Underneath this row of rifles I built pulsewaves (something I never normally used) on the yellow line to slow the winged horrors down. I upgraded some of the rifles to level 6 (also upgraded some of the quakemakers to level 6 as above) and sat on the level 6 rifles for most of the game.

The quakemakers/cannons took care of a lot of the ground troops and the rifles/pulsewaves took care of every winged horror (not 1 got through to the shack)

By the time I got the target score I still had 3 shack defences remaining and went on to run up a score of 28,000 before I got bored.

That was my last challenge, 100% complete now! :drunk