Achievement Guide

theshieguy

I know im out of the loop a bit but if i was reading the guide correctly I cannot unlock some achievements unless i have a different controller then the standard rock band instruments??

Correct, you need a Pro Guitar for the Pro Guitar/Bass achievements, and you need the Pro Drums for the Pro Drum achievements. However, if you have an RB2 drum kit you can just add the cymbals instead of buying a whole new kit.

The guitar you are going to have to buy. You either need the Mustang Controller, or you need the Squier Stratocaster (which is an actual guitar).

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know im out of the loop a bit but if i was reading the guide correctly I cannot unlock some achievements unless i have a different controller then the standard rock band instruments??

I noticed you're question was answered, but I'll list these below to give you a little more peace of mind. To get the complete 1250 gamerscore for Rock Band 3, you will need:

*A profile created on the Rockband.com website (if you do not have an account already...do this as soon as you can--it's free to sign up)

*An Xbox 360 controller along with 3 USB microphones

*A 5-button plastic guitar (Guitar Hero or Rock Band will both work)

*A Rock Band drumset (Rock Band 2 or The Beatles: Rock Band Special Edition drumset) + Pro drum cymbal expansion. The Rock Band 3 drumset comes with the Pro drum cymbals and these cymbals cannot be used with a Rock Band 1 drumset (the drumset that's corded).

*Rock Band 3 Keyboard (this comes as a standalone instrument or as a game bundle with RB3)

*Fender Mustang or Fender Squire Pro guitar (the Mustang is available now and the Squire will be released in March)

*18 specific downloaded songs for DLC achievements (see THIS guide for more details)

And that's everything. For most gamers, this will be a VERY expensive game to complete 100%. But 1250 IS doable if you have the money (or if you can borrow some instruments from others), patience and possibly good friends locally that are patient enough to help with certain achievements. :)

Random guide stuff:

My internet has been acting weird for the last week (great timing, right? :rolleyes: :p), so I'm just getting around to posting the additional Road Map sections. Linkin Park's DLC came out today (just finished downloading on my Xbox), so I'll be going back and forth from my computer to my Xbox (I'm expecting to see a ton of messages about the LP DLC on XBL). You guys are probably going to see things added section by section throughout the day. I should be able to fit everything below :woop::

Overview:

- Estimated achievement difficulty: 8-9/10 for experienced players (10/10 for Rock Band newcomers)

- Offline: 51 (1244http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

- Online: 1 (6http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

- Approximate amount of time to 1250: 50-100+ Hours

- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

- Number of missable achievements: None

- Do cheat codes disable achievements? No

- Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes (any achievements that must be completed on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty)

- Glitchy achievements: "Rock Band Legend" or "Rock Band Immortal" if "Imagine" is played last on guitar and possibly "Well Connected"

- Unobtainable achievements: None

- Avatar awards: 5 male/female black T-shirts (one each for completing 25 on-disc songs on guitar, bass, vocals, drums & Pro keys)

- Extra equipment needed? Rock Band/Guitar Hero guitar controller, three USB microphones, Rock Band 3 drum kit or Pro cymbals expansion for Rock Band 2 model drum kit, Rock Band 3 keyboard controller and a Rock Band 3 Fender Mustang or Fender Squire Pro guitar controller.

Introduction

Rock Band 3 is FINALLY here and we’ve got a whole new batch of achievements to unlock along with 83 on-disc songs, new Pro instrument modes, vocal harmonies and more. Please remember that all song-related achievements (5-star a song, score 100%, etc.) unlock AT THE END of a song. So if you play a song and fulfill the requirements for an achievement, it will unlock once the song has finished.

*There are two free downloadable songs ("Charlene [i'm Right Behind You]" & "Promised Land") that are not available to players in Australia and other regions. If these songs are not available for you, you can make a separate U.S. account for Xbox Live and download the songs to play them on your main Xbox Live account for any achievements that require these songs (or where playing them is suggested).*

On the difficulty side of things, if you are a well-rounded Rock Band player that can play all instruments (minus Keys and Pro guitar) at Expert level and consistently get a five-star score, this game will probably feel like an 8/10 difficulty for you. If you are decent at Hard difficulty and have some issues playing songs on Expert, Rock Band 3 will probably seem like a 9/10. And if you happen to be a casual player that has either never played a Rock Band game previously or you have trouble consistently getting a five-star score on any instrument on Medium difficulty, this game will feel like a 10/10.

Also, this guide is still a work in progress. Due to the recent release of the Fender Squire Pro guitar, a few descriptions need to be updated.

Getting Started (4 for 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

When you first begin Rock Band 3, there are four achievements that can be unlocked before you play any songs. Tune Up will unlock after adjusting your calibration, Self-Made Dude or Lady will unlock after creating your first character, Best. Name. Ever. unlocks after changing the name of your band and Well Connected unlocks after connecting your game linking code with your Rock Band website profile.

Road Challenges (9 for 185http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif):

There are a total of 9 achievements that can be unlocked in the Road Challenges mode.

*Hometown Threwdown (1st challenge)

*Real Nor'easter (3rd challenge)

*Hell Defrosted (4th challenge)

*Wilderness Survival (5th challenge)

*Major Mileage (7th challenge)

*Party Animal (8th challenge)

*The Connoisseur's Connoisseur (9th challenge)

*Mile High Club & Ultimate Road Warrior (10th challenge)

Guitar (4 for 100:gsicon:)

For five-button guitar, there are four on-disc instrument-specific achievements. Guitar Perfectionist will unlock after hitting 100% of the notes in a song on Expert difficulty. Try "Low Rider" if you have issues with this. Any over strums will cancel the achievement, so try playing your selected song in the Goals menu if you have any issues. Guitar Apprentice will unlock after five-starring any 25 Rock Band 3 disc songs on Easy difficulty or after getting a score of 3 stars or higher on a song on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty.

For Bleeding Fingers, you must get an 85% solo score or higher on 37 disc songs on Hard or Expert difficulty (drop down to Hard difficulty if you have any issues). And HOPO-cidal Maniac requires you to hit 53,596 hammer-ons and pull-offs without strumming. Lastly, Face Melter requires you to beat 3 downloaded 80's metal songs on guitar. Check THIS thread for a complete song list.

Bass (3 for 40:gsicon:)

For five-button bass, there are 3 instrument-specific achievements. Bass Streaker requires you to complete a song with a 500-note streak on any difficutly. Most Authentic Strummer requires you to upstrum all notes in a song on Hard difficulty (this can also be completed on Expert difficulty). And Bass Apprentice will unlock after five-starring any 25 Rock Band 3 disc songs on Easy difficulty or after getting a score of 3 stars or higher on a song on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty.

Drums (3 for 45:gsicon:)

For standard drums there are 3 on-disc instrument-specific achievements. Drum Roll, Please! requires you to hit all of the notes in a drum roll. See achievement description for a full list of disc songs with drum roll sections. This achievement will still unlock if you overhit the last note in a roll (as long as you hit all of the other notes in succession).

Fastest Feet requires you to hit 90% or more bass pedal notes ("kicks") in a song. You can save your overdrive for this if necessary and even use the No-Fail option if you want to only focus on the kicks of a song. Drums Apprentice will unlock after five-starring any 25 Rock Band 3 disc songs on Easy difficulty or after getting a score of 3 stars or higher on a song on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty.

Lastly, The Perfect Drug requires that you have "The Perfect Drug" by Nine Inch Nails available in your library. For this achievement, you must complete a 200+ note streak on any difficulty. The song is 160 Microsoft Points in the Xbox Live Marketplace. It can also be acquired if you have redeemed the export code from Rock Band Track Pack 2.

Keys (2 for 35:gsicon:)

For standard Keys, there are two achievements to unlock. Keys Streaker requires you to achieve a 350+ note streak in a song. And Keys Apprentice will unlock after five-starring any 25 Rock Band 3 disc songs on Easy difficulty or after getting a score of 3 stars or higher on a song on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty. If you have unlocked the keys-on-guitar option, playing with a five-button guitar may make both of these achievements a bit easier. To unlock keys on guitar, earn 5 stars on any 50 songs in Rock Band 3 on Medium guitar (or earn 3 stars on a higher difficulty). This option is tied to the Guitar Immortal goal, so keys on guitar will be available after completing this goal.

Whether you use a guitar or a keyboard controller for these achievements, you will still need a keyboard controller to unlock both achievements (see descriptions for more details).

Solo Vocals (4 for 55:gsicon:)

*Please note: unlike previous Rock Band titles, Xbox Live wired/wireless headsets CANNOT be used as vocal microphones in Rock Band 3.*

For solo vocals, there are four on-disc instrument-specific achievements. Vocals Showmanship requires you to deploy overdrive four times during one song. You should easily get this while singing songs for all other vocal achievements. Tambourine Master requires you to hit 100% of the notes in a percussion.

Vocal Virtuoso requires you to earn an "Awesome" rating on 90% of the phrases in 6 different songs on Hard difficulty (can also be completed on Expert). Choose six songs that you are familiar with or try singing songs with all talkie phrases (like "Visions" from Abnormality--included in a free Rock Band 3 song pack on XBL). A 90% score on Hard difficulty is MUCH easier than it sounds. If you can manage to keep a multiplier for most of a song you are familiar with, you should have no problem. Try to imitate the vocalist of each song if you are having trouble getting a good score.

Vocal Apprentice will unlock after five-starring any 25 Rock Band 3 disc songs on Easy difficulty or after getting a score of 3 stars or higher on a song on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty. Lastly, Mercurial Vocalist requires you to earn a five-star score on a downloaded Queen song (this can be completed on any difficulty). I Want It All will unlock at the end of your chosen Queen song as well. See the DLC Guide for a full list of Queen songs that can be used for this achievement.

Edited by theshieguy

Vocal Harmonies (2 for 35http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

*Please note: unlike previous Rock Band titles, Xbox Live wired/wireless headsets CANNOT be used as vocal microphones in Rock Band 3.*

There are two achievements that must be completed on the Harmonies setting under vocals. For Triple Awesome, you must sing all harmony parts of a 3-part harmony phrase on any difficulty. You will need two USB microphones for this achievement. If you only have one microphone, and you are interested in purchasing DLC, you can try your luck with "You Should Be Dancing" by Bee Gees (the song costs 160 MS points).

For Is This Just Fantasy? you WILL need three USB microphones. There is no way around the 3-mic requirement for this achievement. See both achievement descriptions for more details.

Pro Drums (2 for 45:gsicon:)

There are two instrument-specific achievements for Pro drums and both of them are trainer-related. Drum Trainer Initiate requires you to complete a total of 20 Easy difficulty trainer lessons and Drum Trainer Graduate requires you to complete a total of 77 Expert trainer lessons. You will most likely need a local friend to help with the bass pedal on some lessons. If you have an extra set of drum sticks and a second local friend, utilizing both may make things a bit easier as well.

If you are having trouble with any lessons, try slowing the speed of the track down to figure out a particular drum pattern. You may also use the pause trick to complete lessons with the START button, and the D-pad buttons. For any cymbal notes, use one hand to pause and the other to hit the on-screen cymbal. See the Pro Keys Graduate achievement description for more details on this method.

Pro Keys (4 for 75:gsicon:)

There are four achievements for Pro Keys that will require you to have a Rock Band 3 keyboard peripheral. For Pro Keyboardist, you must score at least 90% in 3 songs on Expert difficulty. For Pro Keys Graduate, you must complete 20 Expert trainer lessons. For Pro Keys to the Max, you must achieve a 30+ note streak to max out your combo multiplier to a 4X. Pro Keys Apprentice will unlock after five-starring any 25 Rock Band 3 disc songs on Easy difficulty or after getting a score of 3 stars or higher on a song on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty. See all achievement descriptions for more details.

Pro Guitar & Pro Bass (6 for 110:gsicon:)

For Play a Real Guitar Already! you must complete the song "The Hardest Button to Button" on Pro guitar (any difficulty), and Pro Guitar to the Max requires you to earn a 40+ note streak in song (any difficulty). For Power Chords, you must complete eight Medium difficulty Pro guitar training lessons, and Complex Chords requires you to complete five Expert difficulty trainer lessons. Lastly, Pro Guitar Apprentice and Pro Bass Apprentice will unlock after five-starring any 25 Rock Band 3 disc songs on Easy difficulty or after getting a score of 3 stars or higher on a song on Medium, Hard or Expert difficulty for Pro guitar and Pro bass (respectively).

Band achievements & Clean Up (7 for 230:gsicon:)

There are 7 additional disc-based achievements that you may or may not have by the time you finish all other instrument-specific achievements. For You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, you must maintain 60 seconds of continuous overdrive (either by yourself or with other band members). As long as the band multiplier is 2X or higher for 60 consecutive seconds, you will unlock this achievement. Millionaire Club requires players to earn a total band score of 1,000,000 points or more. Coordinate overdrive with all band members and try to keep maximum multipliers as long as possible. Playing on higher difficulties will also make this easier.

Rock Band Master unlocks after you have finished 50 Rock Band 3 disc songs with a 5-Star score on Medium difficulty or 3 stars or more on a higher difficulty. For Rock Band Legend, you must 5-star every Rock Band 3 song on Hard difficulty, and Rock Band Immortal requires players to 5-Star every disc song on Expert difficulty. Scores are totaled among all instruments and Rock Band Legend stacks with Rock Band Immortal if you decide to finish all songs on Expert difficulty instead of playing on Hard.

Alex's Luggage Combination unlocks after your career score (highest personal band score for each song) reaches 12,456,789+ points. Lastly, The Endless Setlist III requires you to play all 83 disc songs in one sitting. Remember to play this setlist from the Goals menu. DO NOT PLAY THIS IN QUICKPLAY! YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR ACHIEVEMENT! This cannot be emphasized enough. Nothing is worse than playing for an achievement and finding out that you've done something wrong after putting your time and hard work into something. PLEASE make sure that you select the Endless Setlist goal in the Goals menu.

Endless Setlist III will take about 7 hours to complete. You will not be penalized for pausing or using No-fail mode, but you must press the entire setlist must be done in one sitting. If you back out to the main menu or Xbox dashboard, you must start from the beginning.

DLC Achievements (6 for 115:gsicon:/12 for 250 :gsicon:)

Depending on your music library, you may or may not have these additional 12 achievements completed by the time that you are finished with all disc-based achievements. If you happened to complete the 4 DLC achievements mentioned in the instrument sections of the Road Map, then you will have unlocked 6 total achievements (Downloader, Face Melter, The Perfect Drug, Fistful of Awesome, I Want It All and Mercurial Vocalist). That would leave you with 6 achievements totaling 115:gsicon: left to unlock (or less). A list of all 12 DLC achievements:

Downloader (Play a downloaded song)

Fistful of Awesome (Beat 5 downloaded songs)

Accountant's Dozen (Beat 12 downloaded songs)

Decent Collection (Beat 20 downloaded songs)

I Want It All (Play a downloaded Queen song)

Mercurial Vocalist (Earn 5 stars on Vocals on a downloaded Queen song)

Live Free or Die (Beat all of the free downloadable songs for Rock Band--4 songs total; see achievement description)

Shameless Self-Promotion (Download and play three songs from a band that has Harmonix team members in it)

Just Another Band Out of Boston (5-Star any one Boston downloaded song)

Face Melter (Beat any three downloaded '80s Metal songs on guitar)

Dave Grohl Band (Beat 5 downloaded songs from any band that has had Dave Grohl as a member)

The Perfect Drug (Get a 200 note streak on drums on "The Perfect Drug")

Check THIS thread for more info and song lists for each DLC achievement.

Conclusion

Rock Band 3 is a fun game that will be expensive for any players looking to snatch up all achievements with the series' new instruments. On the surface, this is the hardest Rock Band title to date. But, while some of these achievements are challenging, none of them are completely impossible for the average Rock Band player OR experienced player (Tre's Greatest Hits...this game is not). Rock Band 3 WILL require a great amount of patience for some achievements. That, along with access to competent and patient players online and/or locally, will make getting a complete 1250:gsicon: a fun and very possible experience.

Special thanks to Shelton for the vocal recordings, RyRobo and SK L4xX for their YouTube videos, Steadysphere for the HOPO-cidal thread and everyone else that contributed to this guide.

Edited by theshieguy

back to the triples in Bohemian Rhapsody topic-

Does anyone have a recording of the youtube file (brown/orange). I have an easier time doing this (ie sync) with my wave editing software than Youtube. I tried using Youtube this AM and it just wasn't working well. If there is a file I can download, please let me know the link. I already have the blue line file.

Thanks

back to the triples in Bohemian Rhapsody topic-

Does anyone have a recording of the youtube file (brown/orange). I have an easier time doing this (ie sync) with my wave editing software than Youtube. I tried using Youtube this AM and it just wasn't working well. If there is a file I can download, please let me know the link. I already have the blue line file.

Thanks

I've been adding links and trying to re-format all the Road Map stuff for an hour or so, so I JUST noticed this post. :p Shelton (the guy who did the Blue track in the description) recorded two files: one Blue and one brown/orange. But since the YouTube video was much easier to mesh with the Blue recording in the game, I only to posted his Blue track link. Below is the brown/orange link if you want to try your luck with that one. The game might get a little screwy trying to pick up all the voices. But, if you can work some magic with your computer, I wish you the best of luck. Here's Shelton's post from November (you SHOULDN'T have to worry about the track speeding up, but it MIGHT be an issue):

You're meant to pause the recordings, not your game. I play them on my stereo, get them to the very first word then pause. Press play when the song begins (first word) on the game. Only thing that bothers me, is the fact that it speeds up for no reason. I am forced to pause/play at a couple of points in the song (on the stereo).

Anyway, I figure I can post my files for people to try to work with. At the very least, it should give an indication how the game wants you to sing to hit the harmonies.

Brown/Orange: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5C9TLE88

Blue: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BX644FQT

These are the issues you will need to work around:

*You must sing blue from "open your eyes" until "to MEEeee"

*After the Beezlebub part, it goes "For Me". On the third one (I think) it is a really high note. I stuffed up here when recording, so you will need to sing this yourself.

*The Orange/Brown track will speed up after it hits the initial triple harmonies and before the Galileo part. You must listen closely, try to pause it and press play to get it to sync.

*After the Orange/Brown finishes the Galileo part, it will go out of sync again. Do the same as above.

*If it is not synced perfectly, it will miss.

Enjoy.

That MAY work for you or you may have an easier time just syncing the Blue file with the YouTube video. Just follow the syncing instructions I posted in the achievement description. If internet connection availability is an issue, you can also look up programs that will let you download videos from YouTube and use one of them whenever you can get internet access (don't know the names of any programs off the top of my head).

A lot of good stuff in this thread. Thanks to everyone for answering my questions. :)

No problem. A lot of these achievements look pretty overwhelming at first glace, but most of them are pretty easy. The rest just require a little patience and access to the new RB instruments. :)

I was about to say you should finish the guide and do the road map etc as the achievement stuff is already there.....Then noticed you have but on the last page, u reserved loads of space, stick it on the front!!

Otherwise nice guide, finally got this game so cruising through atm.

Loads of space? Um...not exactly. Are we looking at the same guide? :confused: :p

I'm at least one post short as far as reserves go. Part of what I had written for the Road Map (the intro and the first two sections afterward) WAS on the front. The intro was there since October and the beginning of the RM was added for about a month or so. But the complete Road Map is two posts long and I only have half of the first post left (space-wise). So, unless two new empty posts magically find their way to the first page, there is no way that I can "stick it on the front." :p

Believe me, if I COULD'VE put all of it on the first page, I would have. ;) I'm sure it'll be fine whenever the 360a staff officially adds it to the "guide" section of Rock Band 3.

Also quick tidbit for everyone:

There is a DLC achievement name that I didn't plug in for the vocals section of the Road Map (Downloader or one of the Queen achievements...it's mentioned in the Clean Up/DLC section). There's also the disclaimer of not being able to use an XBL headset for vocals that I thought I added as well. I haven't forgotten about these. I have a few things I need to double-check on Keys, so I'll plug them in sometime this week. :)

Saturday edit (January 22nd):

I've been under the weather since Tuesday morning, so I've just gotten around to updating things today (talk about a bad time to get sick :rolleyes::p). I updated the vocals section of the Map, but I still need to fire up my Xbox and double check a few songs on keys and bass. Hopefully I can have all those songs played through between today and next Monday.

Edited by theshieguy

Wow, there's ALWAYS something wrong when I try to get 'Well Connected'. It's mostly the website, saying 'Looks like we rocked too hard - Something has gone wrong.' Whats up with this?

There's some issue with the Rock Band website where players have trouble trying to create a profile (what you posted above is the message that comes up). This has been a problem for a lot of people and I'm beyond surprised that it's still an issue almost 3 months after the launch of the game. :eek: I FINALLY got around to adding a little more to the Well Connected achievement description, but the information is still useless if players can't even make an account to get the achievement.

Best advice: keep trying until you can get through the sign-up/login process on the site or send an email to Harmonix's web support.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1388/UP+sARM=.jpg Tambourine Master - Hit 100% of the notes in a percussion section. 10:gsicon:

Percussion notes are the round notes that scroll by on-screen during certain sections of select songs. The easiest song to get this achievement in would be “Charlene (I’m Right Behind You).” Hit all of the percussion notes near the end of the song by either tapping your microphone with the notes you see on-screen or by pressing the :abut: button on your Xbox controller. The achievement will unlock after the song is finished. This can be completed on any difficulty.

An even easier song to get this achievement on is "Space Oddity." It has two percussion sections and they each have only 4 percussion notes.

An even easier song to get this achievement on is "Space Oddity." It has two percussion sections and they each have only 4 percussion notes.

"Space Oddity" is a whopping 5 minutes long. :eek: You could play "Charlene" FOUR times in the same amount of time it would take to do one playthrough of "Space Oddity." Someone would have to be SERIOUSLY rhythm-challenged to not be able to hit the 22 percussion notes in "Charlene." And by that I mean "unable to play guitar, bass, keys or drums at all in Rock Band." :omg No offense to anyone.

I appreciate the suggestion, but "Charlene" was mentioned because it's a very short song that should only take players one or two tries to get all the percussion notes on. I'm not sure if people would want to sit through a 5-minute song if a song that's 1:19 can get the job done just the same. :p I'll go through "Space Oddity" and double check it. Some people might actually be struggling with "Charlene" as crazy as it sounds. :confused:

For "Is This Just Fantasy" it works perfectly up until "Open your eyes". At that point, my microphones wont pickup the orange part for that measure and the next one. After that, it works perfectly again until the fast parts...then the orange part wont pick up again...ugh this frusturating

I have 2 rock band mics, and a computer headset. Sadly...the headset picks up the orange part the best but not enough for an awesome rating.

So like how loud should my speakers be and should my mics be right near them, or some inches away?

any help is appreciated...last achievement i need :(

Edited by Echilion

I'm using the one on YouTube but the yellow stops working from thunder bolts of lightning till the last harmonic end, I played it on it's own and it's just not picking up the parts I explained. I'm using an Iphone for the blue vocal and the brown seems to work fine, it's playing on two Logitech speakers. I've tried having the volume high and low, far and near the speakers and bass turned on and off.

I tried the other clip on Itunes but the yellow one stopped working early on, any ideas?

I'm using the one on YouTube but the yellow stops working from thunder bolts of lightning till the last harmonic end, I played it on it's own and it's just not picking up the parts I explained. I'm using an Iphone for the blue vocal and the brown seems to work fine, it's playing on two Logitech speakers. I've tried having the volume high and low, far and near the speakers and bass turned on and off.

I tried the other clip on Itunes but the yellow one stopped working early on, any ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem. Works perfectly than I get to the fast part, and nothing wants to work :(

My speakers must be too crappy, or my microphones.

I'll try some more tomorrow

Edited by Echilion

It's definitely something to do with your setup, whether that be poor speakers, faulty microphones or syncing problems. Before changing speakers (which can be a hassle), try syncing a quarter of a second before you usually would. It might sound stupid, but sometimes the mic will pick up the recording too late to hit a particular section. If it's only a quarter of a second early, it should still hit everything else.

Have you tried singing the part it is missing? If it only misses one section, on one mic, maybe practice that part, hit it, then put the mic back against the speaker? Also, check that 3D audio effect is not enabled, as this will cause both harmonies to come out of the same speaker, which makes it impossible for it to work properly. Listen to one speaker to tell whether it is playing a single harmony or two.

There are so many things that can cause this to mess up. The file I recorded and used took hours to actually unlock the achievement, so even if it is capable of hitting everything, you just need to persist. Good luck, both of you.

I would think it's my speakers then, because I can't imagine my Rock Band microphones not being good enough. I'm a little peeved they removed the "Mic Sensitivity" option because I feel that would help.

Audacity has been helpful in some parts (raising the octave), but there are still a few phrases that don't want to register. I'll try some different speakers friday