Executive Orders on Veteran Help! *Spoiler Alert*

Alright, I'm literally about to throw my controller at my TV and break my Black Ops disk in half. I've been on the same checkpoint for over three hours now (since 8:00pm).

I'm after the part where you blow up the missle after it's launched - when you go into the underground bunker. It's the checkpoint where you enter a com-room with scientist civilians running down a long hallway.

How the hell do you get past this!? Veteran hasn't ever been a problem for me - I've beat it on MW2 on my first run through in 3 days and the majority of WaW in a few days as well. This is the hardest part so far, and actually this entire mission in general is near impossible on veteran (and it's only the 3rd mission!)

So, can someone else with the game early possibly give me any tips? Because I can't sit back anymore (thanks Treyarch for bringing back infinite spawns) and whenever I run up 2 feet, I die. :mad:

Edited by Frozenghost001

Ya bro - if you checked the other topic about infinite respawns, you will see I posted that I had issues with that same exact part.

I know exactly where you are stuck, since I had to start over again at that checkpoint quite a few times.

If you started in that short hallway, there should be two guys, blow them away. Then you enter the first comm room. A guy is gonna topple over a table. I stayed on the left side, but dumbass Woods was also covering that side, doing absolutely nothing but being in my way. I think this room is the only room where they don't infinite respawn, but I could be wrong. Get rid of all of them, and of course then you'll be looking down the long dark hallway.

I stayed on the left side again. Blow away any guy on the right side you can see, then switched over to the right with Woods, and sneak out, blew any guy away there on the left, which there should be maybe 2 of 'em. After it seems clear, you gotta rush to the left side boxes and crouch. You might be able to kill a guy on the left side of the box, just barely.

Clear out the guys best you can and then head over to the yellow cart. If you did it well enough, Woods should be coming and getting in your way again. I had so many times where I was crouching there with Woods, and he is in my way so I can't peek out on the left, and an enemy would come up and end my go.

Anyway, after that, if things are clear, head straight to your left wall, there should be a nice aclove with cover. You want to head that way because up a little further is more boxes on the left.

Now the important part is this:

clear out the guys that you see near the red pipe. blow them all away. when you think its clear, you will run towards the boxes. immediately when you get to the box, you need to look at 2 o'clock, inside that room, since there will be a guy shooting at you. take my advice and don't let him do you in. he will be wondering how you knew, but don't tell him i gave him away. look through the glass window of the room that is directly on the left, you may be able to finish a guy in there, if you can kill him do it.

at this time, always keep things clear as best as you can on with enemies near that red pipe, and then rush the hell to that room you just shot that guy. don't go all the way, just to the door for cover, because the guys in there will blow you away ending your run.

if you cleared out the guys by the red pipe, then you shouldn't have to worry about them butting you with their gun from behind. be alert at this time where you are standing, because a guy will bum rush you in the middle of the two consoles. get rid of them. then run straight down past the second console and sneak up and around and kill any guys you see. at this point, it's difficult, because the guys at the corner are pretty much aimbots. kill 2 or however many of them, and then immediately run into the red locker room across the way. there will be enemies in here, but if you are lucky, the game should load a checkpoint. and from that point on, it's not too bad.

just hope that the game didn't stick you with a checkpoint where upon respawning, an enemy kills you the next second later, which has happened to me on the hong kong level.

Been there, done that, after some retry's the game will let you pas. I was stuck at that point for almost 12hrs.

Clear the room, then the halway, at the end there is a room to your right, jump in there and stay cover at the last (far right) line of desks, shoot the remaining enemies there, then rush to the door, clear the rest of the halway en you'll get a new checpoint.

After this one, there will be another frustrating part. In the next level the want you to Push back the NVA e Reach some Ammo Cache. Thats another funny part im stuck on. Here you are by youreself, those stupid friends of you does never cover your back. Its you againts a respawning factory. Good luck.

Alright, I'm literally about to throw my controller at my TV and break my Black Ops disk in half. I've been on the same checkpoint for over three hours now (since 8:00pm).

I'm after the part where you blow up the missle after it's launched - when you go into the underground bunker. It's the checkpoint where you enter a com-room with scientist civilians running down a long hallway.

How the hell do you get past this!? Veteran hasn't ever been a problem for me - I've beat it on MW2 on my first run through in 3 days and the majority of WaW in a few days as well. This is the hardest part so far, and actually this entire mission in general is near impossible on veteran (and it's only the 3rd mission!)

So, can someone else with the game early possibly give me any tips? Because I can't sit back anymore (thanks Treyarch for bringing back infinite spawns) and whenever I run up 2 feet, I die. :mad:

First and foremost. You are a fag for having the game before anybody else. 2nd, MW2 on Vet was too easy. Enjoy how hard this game is. Walk away from it for an hour and try again.

First and foremost. You are a fag for having the game before anybody else. 2nd, MW2 on Vet was too easy. Enjoy how hard this game is. Walk away from it for an hour and try again.

lol someone's jelous...

and i wound up going to sleep, and first try this morning i got it. but guess what - no achievement for beating it on veteran. so instead of just re-trying that mission, i decided to just play on normal first and play through the game again on veteran.

and that part on the next mission was pretty easy on normal, but if you said is true, then i'm gonna have a lot of fun when i go through my second time :)