Maloof Money Cup NY 2010 Achievement Guide

Nozza

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ltpoa9.jpg

Rights of use:

This guide is for the use of x360a.org only and may not be used without the permission of the Author or Website Admin.

Credit:

Thanks for x360a.org for hosting the Guide.

eviltb for the sticky.

LOLitsNOrman for finding the best line for Gap the Central Manny Pad & Bridging The Blaow!

The Nerevarine for the skate.Create video on how to do Gap the Central Manny Pad.

--------------

Roadmap

--------------

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10

-Approximate time to 250http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif: 2-3 Hours.

-Offline: 5 (100http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif)

-Online: 0

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable and or Glitched achievements: None

-Does difficulty affect achievements? No

Introduction:

Welcome to Maloof Money Cup 2010 NYC DLC! Compete in one of Skateboarding's biggest annual contest's. For the first time ever the Maloof Money Cup travels east to New York where you'll skate the course and battle with some of skatings heaviest hitters in fierce competition for the ultimate purse.

Breakdown:

This DLC consists of 5 Achievements for a total of 100:gsicon:. Below is a breakdown of all the things that you need to play to get all the Achievements.

The difficulty is set at 4 due to the fact I think 2 challenges are hard. The First is on Maloof Tranny Monster - Vertical Vibration. You'll need to get 40,000pts to pass and I feel its every high and and hard to get. You pretty much need to keep you x3 multiplier and keep those combo's coming. One mistake and it can ruin the whole challenge.

The second is on Maloof Money Cup NY - Maloof NY List - Gap the Central Manny Pad. One of the final challenges is to gap over the manny pad. This seems to be hard at first glance and it can be if not done right. There is a good line to take but I recommend a few practice runs before the real deal!

Challenges:

Photo Challenges - Picture Worth A Thousand Curbs

• Money Manual
  • The Clean-Up Shot

Own The Spot - Where's My Money?

• Maloof Edge
  • Money Banks

Own The Lot - Maloof Street Slayer + Maloof Tranny Monster

• Maloof Money Cup NY
  • Maloof Secret Tranny Park

Street Contest - Money Cup Master

• Maloof Money Cup NY

------------------------------

Achievement Guide

------------------------------

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1212/s6.jpgMoney Cup Master - 40:gsicon:

Win The Maloof NY Contest

The Maloof NY Contest consists of 3 Rounds.

Round 1 – Grind-Only Jam

Round 2 – Best Trick Down The Middle

Round 3 – Jam The Whole Park

This is a pretty straight forward Contest and is nothing different from what the main campaign has. For Round 1 you’ll definitly need to get a x2 or x3 multiplier going as the AI can rack up some good points in this round (anywhere from 2k-6k). So either ollie and trick the gap or grind off the first rail to get your multiplier going, then simply set yourself up for a grind on the second rail/ledge and rack up the points to take the top spot.

Round 2 is all about getting a good line. You have no multiplier here, so try and get a good trick to grind combo going and you should be good.

For Round 3, you’ll just need to get that multiplier going again and rack up those points!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1212/s7.jpgMaloof Street Slayer - 20:gsicon:

Complete The Maloof Street OTL

This OTL consists of 6 challenges;

Maloof NY Accumulation - Reach the Target Score of 12,000 to Win this Challenge. Again get you multiplier going and keep the combo's coming.

Bank To The Future;

• Bank to Grind the Ledge

• Bank to Grind to the End of the Ledge

• Grind the Manny Pad into the Bank.

From where you Start hit the bank and ollie onto the Ledge. Once you've hit the grind, ollie off back into the bank and make sure you keep your speed for the second bank as you need to grind the whole length of it. You can start from half way on the ledge, so just pump down the bank, line up hit the bank and land from your ollie half way onto the ledge and grind the rest of the way, just make sure you ollie from the Blue Arrows or it wont count! Once you come off the end of the second ledge just line yourself up with the manny pad, grind the edge and you're done!

Pathway Bush Gaps - Air over the Bushes. Just ollie over the 4 bushes that are presented in front of you. Get good speed, ollie well and this should be a breeze.

Tailblunter - Nose, Tail or Bluntslide the Ledges. Again another simple challenge. All you have to do is do the specific grind on any other ledges around the park. Once one ledge has been grinded on you cannot grind on it again, so move onto the next one.

Maloof Manual Madness - Nose Manual to Manual Across the Pad. Simply ollie onto the pad, land in a nose manual, quickly ollie out and into a standard manual and off the edge you go. Be aware that Reverts dont count! I did a 180 and then landed into the manual and it still counted even though it looks like a you're doing a nose. If it doesnt work for you try this as some people have had a little trouble with this challenge.

Click HERE to see the 2 was you can complete this challenge.

Maloof NY List; The list is revealed in this order.

• 1,000pt Grind
  • 1,000pt Gap off the Side Edge
  • Grind Around the Bank
  • Footplant a Hubba
  • Grind over the Grate
  • Do a Darkslide
  • Hit 3 Rails without Bailing
  • Do a Bluntslide
  • Step Up the Bottom Hubba
  • Gap the Central Manny Pad

If you need help with this OTL please see the guide: Maloof NY List Guide

Edited by Nozza

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1212/s8.jpgMaloof Tranny Monster - 20:gsicon:

Complete The Maloof Tranny OTL

This OTL consists of 6 challenges;

Vertical Vibration - Reach the Target Score of 40,000 to Win this Challenge. Very tricky imo. You'll need to get your x3 multiplier up asap and keep it there. Try and not fall off you board, mix up your tricks from air to ground and rack up the points. Good luck!

Bridging The Blaow! - Gap from Hip to Hip. Follow the arrows all the way. Drop in and pump for a little extra speed and then try and hit the hip with as much force as possible to clear the gap. May take a few goes to get the hang of it.

Alternative Line: From where you spawn, do not drop in. Instead, follow the vert around, ollie or grind ofer the gap and keep picking up speed. When you get to the end just make a massive ollie over to the other vert and land on it. You can sometimes just touch the inner edge but if done right the challenge should get checked off! Thanks to LOLitsNOrman for finding this line.

Hip That Line;

• Make the Hip Transfer
  • Step-up from the Bank
  • Grind the Rail Down the Bank

Drop in down the slope and hit the bank for the transfer. Once you land you should have enough speed from your landing to make it to the top of the platform then simply line yourself up to the rail and grind down it. Remember this doesnt have to be down all in one line, so you can try and do part by part.

Vert-Tag-O - Tag the Spots. There is a total of 10 Spots to Tag;

• The transfer right infront of you when you spawn
  • The corner of the vert opposite the yellow rail
  • The high wall on the vert at the back of the park (the one to your right from your spawn point)
  • The long yellow rail next to the stair set (behind spawn)
  • The small stair set next to the long yellow rail
  • The small arch way gap to the right of the park
  • The big transfer gap to the right of the park. Its right next to the arch way one
  • The walled bank on top of the rounded vert in the middle of the park
  • The second walled bank on top of the rounded vert in the middle of the park
  • The built up vert at the front of the park. The one that has the hanging yellow rail

Permission To Transfer - One Foot Transfer the Gap. The way I did this was to drop in, head towards the other vert ramp and pump up it, get some air and land with a pump out then line myself up to the gap and launched across it. Works quite well as I had the speed but there's many methods to this challenge.

Alternative Line: Pretty much the same as BridgeThe Blaow! Stay on top of the vert and just ollie to the other side. this one is a little more tricky as the rail is right on the edge, but if you set it up righ and ollie good you'll land safly on the other side.

Quartered List; The list is revealed in this order;

• 4.0m Air
  • Grind the Low Bank Rail
  • Gap Across the Insert Quarterpipe
  • Do a 180 No-Foot
  • Grind Up & Down the Angled Edge
  • Grind the Insert Quarterpipe's Rail
  • Do a 540 Fingerflip
  • Gap Over the Extension
  • 2,000pt Grap Trick
  • Handplant the Skinny Edge
  • Do a 720
  • Gap the Arch

If you need help with this OTL please see the guide: Quartered List OTL Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1212/s9.jpgPicture Worth A Thousand Curbs - 10:gsicon:

Complete Both Maloof Photo Challenges

Money Manual – For this Photo you need to ollie onto the platform and just perform a simple manual along it. I managed to ollie onto it (its quite a heigh) but you’ll see to your right there is a small kicker. If you’re having trouble getting yourself up onto the platform just get off you board and move the ramp into place and use it to help you get that extra bit air.

Thanks to yoJ4ZZA for the vid's.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygRp08cMhGQ&feature=channel]YouTube- Skate 3 - Maloof Money Cup DLC - Money Manual - Photo Killed - HQ[/ame]

The Clean-Up Shot – Easy as pie! Gather a bit of speed, get a good ollie and do any grab trick over the dumpsters.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6fIHgFP_nw]YouTube- Skate 3 - Maloof Money Cup DLC - The Clean Up Shot - Photo Killed - HQ[/ame]

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1212/s10.jpgWhere's My Money? - 10:gsicon:

Complete Both Maloof OTS Challenges

Maloof Edge - A standard ledge grind with a gap at the end. Gather a bit of speed, trick into a grind and trick out over and down the gap. I hit the wall from its left side as I was having a little trouble with right as the path slopes down and away from it a little. You'll need to beat 900pts to Own this Spot and 1,200 to Kill It!

Money Banks - Again this is a standard grind Spot. Drop in down into the vert to your left and ollie off the bank towards the yellow rail. Do some mad tricks in the air, land the grind and trick off. You can also try the other ledge to grind but I found the yellow rail easier. You'll need 900pts to Own this Spot and 1,200pts to Kill It!

If you're having a bit of trouble with the Owning the Spots here's a vid to help. Credit & Thanks go to Geoff & Jack the Achievement Hunters!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm00tz_lPJg]YouTube- Skate 3: Where's My Money? Achievement Guide[/ame]

Edited by Nozza

Maloof NY List

• 1,000pt Grind
    • You can get this on the rail right in front of you as soon as you start. You'll need to trick into a good grind then trick out. If you dont get it just hold :lbbut::dup: and spawn right back in front of it.

[*]1,000pt Gap off the Side Edge

• Straight from landing the grind turn and head right. Do a couple of tricks along the way to keep your (hopefully) x3 multiplier. You'll go past and rail on you left, a short slope then you should see the gaps Blue Arrow in the corner behind the ledge. Head around the ledge and ollie and trick off the gap and you should get your 1,000pts.

[*]Grind Around the Bank

• The bank is back where you started the challenge. The easiest way to do this is to just come from on top of the bank and just role onto it with a bit of speed.

[*]Footplant a Hubba

• Loads of these will be marked with the Blue Arrows. They're the thick block ledges. Line yourself up with one, ollie and hold :ltbut::xbut: (or another combo) and Footplant on top of the Hubba and come back off without bailing. Its easier to do it on one thats sloping down.

[*]Grind over the Grate

• From the Side Edge Gap you should see the ledge in front of you. Its at the back of the park. Simply line yourself up and grind the lower part over the Grating on the floor.

[*]Do a Darkslide

• Find anything to grind and pull off a Darkslide. Just remember to pull out of it and hold :rbbut: before you ollie and flip.

[*]Hit 3 Rails without Bailing

• To my knowledge I think you need to hit 3 different rails. There's at least 4 to 5 rails in park within close range of each other. Just dont bail or reset back to your marker or the counter will go back to 0.

[*]Do a Bluntslide

• Depending on what position you are on the board you either have to be level with the rail/ledge/hubba and swivel the :rs: half moon to the left or right as well as turning yourself 90 degree's inwards to the the grinding object. Check the trick guide from the pause menu for more details. Its underneath Grinds > Slides.

[*]Step Up the Bottom Hubba

• This one is marked at the middle area of the park. Line yourself up with the bottom part and ollie up onto it.

[*]Gap the Central Manny Pad

• This is very tricky but doable. Set a spawn point on top of the bank (front of the park near you spawn point) just behind the ledge. With the bank on your right do one pump and get a good drop in and pump out. Now head straight fo the pad. Inbetween the pad and the ledge there is a small slope/bank (in the middle of the small stair set), you need to time your ollie right and guess where it is as you cant see it and land on it. As you do pump off of it, turn a sharp right at the pad, pump up it and ollie off of the pad bank. You should make it over. Thanks to LOLitsNOrman for finding this line.

Go Here to Watch a Video on how the Manny Pad is done. Thanks to The Nerevarine for the video.

Quartered List

• 4.0m Air
    • Simply get 4 metres of air in one launch. You're bound to get this as you go through the challenges or right at the start. For some reason this doesnt always register. I feel sometimes that I've got a good fair amount of air and it hasnt checked it off. I suggest you try aiming for 5.0m.

[*]Grind the Low Bank Rail

• This is located to the left from your spawn point. Its the yellow rail from the Money Banks OTS Challenge.

[*]Gap Across the Insert Quarterpipe

• This Quaterpipe is at the front of the park. Its the one with the hanging yellow rail arcoss the gap and you'll also see the Blue Arched Arrow. Simply get onto of the vert, push towards the gap and ollie over it.

[*]Do a 180 No-Foot

• Again very simple. Get some good air and start your spin. During this hold :rtbut:+:bbut: to do a No-Footer and land safely.

[*]Grind Up & Down the Angled Edge

• This is located right near the yellow rail at the back of the park. Line yourself up and grind this from the bottom to the middle then back down of the inner of the ledge. You need to grind the side facing away from the wall as the opposite side just stops and doesn't curve.

[*]Grind the Insert Quarterpipe's Rail

• You can do this 2 ways. One is to land on it off of the vert ramp or two (the easiest) is to again climb the vert and simply ollie onto it.

[*]Do a 540 Fingerflip

• Like all the other trick challenges. Get some good air and start you spin. Either from the start or a bit way through start a grab trick then straight away twizzel the :rs: in a kickflip or shove-it motion to do a fingerflip.

[*]Gap Over the Extension

• This is the walled up ledge right in front of you from where you spawn. Climb the vert and you'll see theres one either side but it tells you you need to hit the one facing your spawn. Pick up a bit of speed from the little bank on the other Extension and try and ollie over it and back into the vert.

[*]2,000pt Grab Trick

• Once again you need to get that mulitplier up to x3 at least! Get some good air and mix up some grab tricks with a good spin and you should just get the 2,000pts.

[*]Handplant the Skinny Edge

• This edge is at the back of the park to the left of the Angled Edge. Your best bet here is to start in the mini bowl area with the yellow rail on your right. Push forwards (so the Angled Edge is in front of you) and make the mini transfer. Pump out of it then turn left and aim for the edge. Once at the lip hold down :rbbut: to do a Handplant.

[*]Do a 720

• Get some really good speed and air and spine for your life. I recommend not doing a grab trick and doing a 360 to start then push the other analog stick in the same direction as your spin to boost the remaining 360 degree's.

[*]Gap the Arch

• The Arch is to the right of your spawn point. Its really small and isnt to much trouble to gap. Again just gather some air + speed between the verts and make an angled jump over it.

Thanks to MrSmugz for the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kni1Ix8aLKg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Skate 3 :: Quartered List Own The Lot Challenge[/ame]

Conclusion:

Well done you should all now have the full 100:gsicon: on the Maloof Money Cup DLC. If you are still finding things a little tricky and need help please ask here or if you feel something in the guide need to be changed again just ask.

If you're still having trouble with Maloof Manual Madness, please see the video I put up or see some info that may help on Page 2, Post #46!

Enjoy!

Edited by Nozza

Lol this isn't a real guide! I thought you had done one for a a game not dlc! you lied to me for the last time Mr Nozza!! :p

Can't believe it Nozza is growing up to be a real man congrats I'm sure this will help everyone else who wasted there points on crappy dlc!

Its is a real guide lol..

Dont hate skates awsome.. for 400MSP I get a cool park, new challneges and an extar 100G.. better than the AC2 stuff you forked out for.. hey? =p

Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10

-Offline: 5 (100:gsicon:)

-Online: 5 (100:gsicon:)

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable achievements: None

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No

I'd fix the overview, it's only Offline. Yes, you can do them offline. But you can get these if your even offline, and it seems like it is a total of 200:gsicon: :) Otherwise, guide looks great!

Anyone got a guide for NYC List and Quartered List

What do you want to know..

I can type a guide up for the street OTL as I've done it except for the pad gap, but I havent really had a look at the tranny OTL yet. I'll do that tonight hopefully.

Which bit do you need help with?

EDIT - I've done the Street OTL Guide but I'll have to do the Tranny OTL one tonight.

Edited by Nozza

HEY just done the manny pad gap. ill try walk you through how i did it.

start at the spawn and turn 90 degrees left go all the way to the end where you do the "grind around the bank" and try and ollie smoothly into that bank. gap the hip SMOOTHLY across from the sticky out ramps and push down the ramp infront of you. turn right torwards the manny pad and pump as you would with a quarter. pop a massive ollie and do a grab you should sail across it. ive done it 4 times in a row with this method.

start at the spawn and turn 90 degrees left go all the way to the end where you do the "grind around the bank" and try and ollie smoothly into that bank. gap the hip SMOOTHLY across from the sticky out ramps and push down the ramp infront of you. turn right torwards the manny pad and pump as you would with a quarter. pop a massive ollie and do a grab you should sail across it. ive done it 4 times in a row with this method.

Nice one mate!

I'll try it later and give it a few goes. If it works well (you doing it shows that it does) I'll add it in and credit you!

Edit;

Cool! I've just done it but wasnt in the challenge was practising. Def works though so Ill add it in and give you credit.

Edited by Nozza

cheers dude! this one was causing me some rage but I did it first time usng that method! :)

"Bridging The Blaow! - Gap from Hip to Hip. Follow the arrows all the way. Drop in and pump for a little extra speed and then try and hit the hip with as much force as possible to clear the gap. May take a few goes to get the hang of it."

Just done this one with a waaayyy easier method. Just testing its consistancy. It's worked a couple times in a row so im guessing its good...

Ignore the arrows completely... go along the top of the quarters, grind the yellow/orange rail and keep pushing. when you get to the hip pop a massive ollie and grab and land as close to the other hip as possible. it classes it as gapping from hip to hip and doesnt require all the pumping.

"Bridging The Blaow! - Gap from Hip to Hip. Follow the arrows all the way. Drop in and pump for a little extra speed and then try and hit the hip with as much force as possible to clear the gap. May take a few goes to get the hang of it."

Just done this one with a waaayyy easier method. Just testing its consistancy. It's worked a couple times in a row so im guessing its good...

Ignore the arrows completely... go along the top of the quarters, grind the yellow/orange rail and keep pushing. when you get to the hip pop a massive ollie and grab and land as close to the other hip as possible. it classes it as gapping from hip to hip and doesnt require all the pumping.

Sweet really? Trying it now.. if works well, I'll add it in as an alternative option!

Edit: Works perfectly and added to guide + credited! Thanks again!

I've also just done it for Permission to Transfer! It works with that to but is a little more tricky. I've added it in.

Edited by Nozza

For the own the lots, instead of saying go to post 3. (cause you can't really do that in the published guide.)

Do it like this:

If you are having trouble completing this Own the Lot, you can use this guide: Own the lot Guide.

If you click the link it will take you to that post where it is in the forums. :)

Hope you understand what I'm trying to get at.

For the own the lots, instead of saying go to post 3. (cause you can't really do that in the published guide.)

Do it like this:

If you are having trouble completing this Own the Lot, you can use this guide: Own the lot Guide.

If you click the link it will take you to that post where it is in the forums. :)

Hope you understand what I'm trying to get at.

I've added it in thanks! Didnt know you could do that!

Plus does that mean I still keep the guide on my post 3?

EDIT - Figured out single page link but still wondering about the 2nd question..

Edited by Nozza

• 2 weeks later...