Glitch Discussion

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come up against a glitch in the Thieves' Guild questline, when I'm trying to do the mission where I have to sneak into the castle and steal a ring from the Lady, I get to the mini-chest, and there's no ring in there. I can't pick up the ring, because it's not there. And then the Thieves' guild questline is over for me.

Bethesda helpline tells me that I should update the game on XBL. Which, of course, I already have done.

Anyone know how to get past this? It's going to stop me getting the full 1000. Grrrrr.

:mad:

I've come up against a glitch in the Thieves' Guild questline, when I'm trying to do the mission where I have to sneak into the castle and steal a ring from the Lady, I get to the mini-chest, and there's no ring in there. I can't pick up the ring, because it's not there. And then the Thieves' guild questline is over for me.

Bethesda helpline tells me that I should update the game on XBL. Which, of course, I already have done.

Anyone know how to get past this? It's going to stop me getting the full 1000. Grrrrr.

:mad:

You have to wait in her room until nighttime when she goes to bed. Then she comes in, walks over the the jewelry box to remove her rings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found an even easier way to get the mace of doom!

1. you must have the wizards tower

2. remove all from the tower, it will be gone if you don't

I. Enter the tower and once you past the hand, hang a left in the open area

II. You will then go forward a couple of steps and hang another left into a small cove like area

III. Look for a wood pillar on the left and stand in front of it, save here

IV. Delete the extra content download

V. Load your save game

VI. When you load, be pressing forward to move

VII. You will then land right on the outside wall of the house

VIII. Move around to the left until you see a chair

IX. When you see the chair look at it and select it to sit down on it

X. You will then be in the house

XI. Just head out side and the mace of doom will be on the floor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, for all those that are annoyed the new patch wiped out duping, fear not here is the solution;

• Have multiple copies of a scroll (2 is all you need, more is better, the more you have the more copies you get).
  • Press A once on said scroll.
  • Drop item you wish to dupe.
  • Rinse and repeat.

As before not everything can be duped and you can still use the perm enchantment glitch with this method.

that glitch is for people that cant get money my guy is lvl 31 with 120hrs put in to it and when he does cave runs he gets a good 30k i own all the houses including the ones you download
Yeah some people use it for money I use it so I can carry just one Varla and one Wekend stone each and then dupe them when I need them since I'm a Mage with the Atronach, even with 100% absorption I sometimes run out and it's a simple backup.

TBH, I've used it twice in the whole game and not since the new patch, but it only affects me, so I don't mind if I have to as a failsafe, normally I just let a mage wail on me for a while til I am fully recharged.

• 3 weeks later...