Achievement Guide

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for this guide and all your hard work. I have the Japanese version of this game and literally gave up on it last year. I put about 25 hours in and had all the quests complete except for 10, 11, 15 and 20. Also had the violent and berserk levels to complete. I figured I would never be able to pull off the cool combos so the game sat since May 08'.

When the game came out here I gave it another shot and reading your posts I realized what I was doing wrong. I thought you had to press X on the yellow marks in practice, I had no idea the bar on the bottom was the timing. After a few trys I was pulling off full cool combos for the first time. And actually killing the blood zombies!

Your videos helped a ton, I kept repeating you in my head when doing saki's cool combo. 1 2 3.....4...5 The trick for quest 15 and seeing everyone else 1000 this game got me motivated to finish it.

So again, thank you! and thanks to everyone else that posted hints.

I'm glad that the guide is helping others, I appreciate the posts saying thanks because that's all I need to know that I finally gave back to the community.

Thanks a lot for the guide. Must have been a hell of a hard work, cause there isnt much info on this game out there.

Greatly appreciated. I owe you 780 points ;)

It's funny because I really thought that 780 was what I was going to sit at until I sat down and figured out the cool combo. I checked out your tag and realized that those last achievements were the last ones I got too. The videos were made specifically for people like you and me who couldn't figure out the cool combo.

I'm glad that the guide is helping others, I appreciate the posts saying thanks because that's all I need to know that I finally gave back to the community.

It's funny because I really thought that 780 was what I was going to sit at until I sat down and figured out the cool combo. I checked out your tag and realized that those last achievements were the last ones I got too. The videos were made specifically for people like you and me who couldn't figure out the cool combo.

You can add 110 points more to my debt. :locked

Yesterday i was freaking mad with frustration on how difficult was to make the cool combo with Saki, needed to Rampaging Baneful Blood Quest.

But then i slept and tonight i was willing to try again. And, surprisingly, i managed to do it rather easily. My blood mist of choice was 12th level.

I had to do it twice on all three quest levels, cause i used the bracelet a little too soon, the final hit wasnt enough to start rampage mode. And i killed him with Aya too, getting his good damn Bullet Bracelet :uzi:

Now, only one more quest to 1000/1000 :woop:

But its the craziest one, so i dont have high expectations. I tried the whale level, but its very difficult to pull cool combo off with clean swords, and the beast wont hold still for me to perform the full combo >.<

Jesus, i need help, or maybe need to let it go =)

thanks one more time, mate

edit: so, i gave the last one, cool master, a try before calling it a day. And i managed to get first level of the quest against the whale on hard!

Tried for the second quest level, on normal against the whale again, pulled out a 7 and a 6 cool combo, but missed a few too, so no level.

Is this the better way? I get Aya with double sword and rampage bracelet, so the damage wont stop the combo. Should i use another bracelet? The Skill Bracelet lvl 3 dont seem to help much. How to make the whale dock with open mouth without wasting miss hits?

Oh the pain... Such an achievement whore i feel right now

Edited by LanEvo

You're right there where I was man, I was totally stressing out the cool combo achievement because 110 points is alot, especially if it's the ONLY thing keeping you from finishing the game.

I should have told you to take breaks from the game but you figured it out. Sometimes you gotta walk away from it for a while. It helps in the end.

But when I got the last level of the cool combo quest, it was against the whale on normal. I used Aya's double sword with the special skills lvl 3 because without it I would have messed up the timing too easily. I would run back and fourth and wait for the whale to jump on the dock.

Then right after one of the lunge attacks, I would hold RB to lock on and I would punch out as much of the combo before I knew that iit would squirm away. I can't remember if I used a power gem or not, or if I had to do the combo more than twice but I do remember having to stop the cool combo because the whale would move away before I could finish. I kept the blade totally clean between combos so I can punch out those strikes as fast as possible and if I wasn't confident that I was going to land a hit, I would just take the damage and wait for the next big hit.

You'll know right away if you hit the criteria. If you didn't, then just keep restarting the level. But believe me man, when you see that achievement pop, you'll probably scream out, "FUCK YEAH!" like I did. When it pops, it means you conquered the game and made it your bitch. That's a REAL achievement and man does it feel good.

Seriously, good luck to you, cause it's all gamer-skill for that final achievement.

Edited by Ryot Control

Hey, thanks for the pics. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner about all that, but I took a freakin' break from this game. Started to aggrivate the hell out of me since I couldn't get those achievements. Ugh. And the cool combo one? That's going to definitely be a pain. I'll try what I see in the photos later. Hopefully I won't screw this up again haha.

edit: I got it past the first part of the quest but now I'm stuck at the 2nd. It won't unlock. I got up to 18 in a row but that's it. I'm too pissed, my M.S. is really putting me on edge and all I heard all night was my fiance complaining about her school screwing her over on a test and how she's going to fail it (paid for a certification in web design). I'm throwing everything around my apartment...I think I'm done for the night haha. Does this combo speed up after a while?

If ANYONE can make a quick video of this in practice mode so I can do it along with the video to keep the speed in my head, it would be greatly appreciated. I already hurt myself tonight out of total anger by punching my table (I have a torn muscle in my pinky finger and it hurts like hell right now, probably retore it if it was healing...)

Edited by ApochWeiss

Is this the better way? I get Aya with double sword and rampage bracelet, so the damage wont stop the combo. Should i use another bracelet? The Skill Bracelet lvl 3 dont seem to help much. How to make the whale dock with open mouth without wasting miss hits?

Oh the pain... Such an achievement whore i feel right now

I did the whale on easy with Double Sword Aya and the Special Skill Bracelet, it took me about five tries to get the final level but once I figured out how to Cool Combo I didn't have any issues pulling them off. I messed up from the whale assaulting me more than anything.

I did easy because A. pull the cool combo off once and the whale is basically dead and B. I figured it'd be easier to roll the whale on its side on easy.

If ANYONE can make a quick video of this in practice mode so I can do it along with the video to keep the speed in my head, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here you go man. This is with maxed out skill bars.

Aya's Maelstrom Combo Cadence

[ame]

[/ame]

Reiko's Maelstrom Combo Cadence

[ame]

[/ame]

I did the whale on easy with Double Sword Aya and the Special Skill Bracelet, it took me about five tries to get the final level but once I figured out how to Cool Combo I didn't have any issues pulling them off. I messed up from the whale assaulting me more than anything.

I did easy because A. pull the cool combo off once and the whale is basically dead and B. I figured it'd be easier to roll the whale on its side on easy.

You're right there where I was man, I was totally stressing out the cool combo achievement because 110 points is alot, especially if it's the ONLY thing keeping you from finishing the game.

I should have told you to take breaks from the game but you figured it out. Sometimes you gotta walk away from it for a while. It helps in the end.

But when I got the last level of the cool combo quest, it was against the whale on normal. I used Aya's double sword with the special skills lvl 3 because without it I would have messed up the timing too easily. I would run back and fourth and wait for the whale to jump on the dock.

Then right after one of the lunge attacks, I would hold RB to lock on and I would punch out as much of the combo before I knew that iit would squirm away. I can't remember if I used a power gem or not, or if I had to do the combo more than twice but I do remember having to stop the cool combo because the whale would move away before I could finish. I kept the blade totally clean between combos so I can punch out those strikes as fast as possible and if I wasn't confident that I was going to land a hit, I would just take the damage and wait for the next big hit.

You'll know right away if you hit the criteria. If you didn't, then just keep restarting the level. But believe me man, when you see that achievement pop, you'll probably scream out, "FUCK YEAH!" like I did. When it pops, it means you conquered the game and made it your bitch. That's a REAL achievement and man does it feel good.

Seriously, good luck to you, cause it's all gamer-skill for that final achievement.

Jesus Christ, i can't believe it. Here i am, another night, another try, got level 2 of cool master first try against whale on easy, skill bracelet on and full powered double sword Aya. Had to stop to post here and thank you guys.

Now, if i get level 3 on first try, i don't know what i'm going to do. I'll send you guys a huge positive thinking so you can win lottery or something.

Edit (few minutes later): =) =) =) =) =) =)

I'm so happy right now, god damn cool combo, i finally mastered it!

Threw a few full combos like it was nothing, in fourth try i could kill it in one huge cool combo.

And apparently the hits on the dead boss counts towards the final percentage, cause it was already dead in the middle of the combo.

I didnt yell Fuck yeah! cause i'm not a native english speaker :) what i did scream was "porra, puta que pariu", wich in english would be very silly, something like "sperm, whore that gave you birth". Nahh some expressions should never be translated.

There you go, in exchange for your kind help, you get to learn a little portuguese ;)

Thanks a lot mate, if i can be of any help, you just have to tell me.

Edited by LanEvo
FUCK YEAH! I GOT IT!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Loveless54321/Y4AJAVDIKV6UVFTWDGTFWOTA6PDZW5CE.jpg

I'm going to go buy some lottery tickets now. :)

And you shall win!

And that's the perfect depiction of my state of mind :drunk

Dear god, this was a tough game to master, but it feels really good.

Can we ask a 2006 game to be GOTY in 2009? :woop:

Eleventh retail game i get a perfect gamerscore, but none felt like a real achievement as much as this one.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j287/mblake23/1169288812088.gif

Edited by LanEvo

Here you go man. This is with maxed out skill bars.

Aya's Maelstrom Combo Cadence

Reiko's Maelstrom Combo Cadence

Holy crap, you didn't have to go and grab it again to do some vids for me. I SERIOUSLY appreciate it. I was going to bring my 360 to work with me but didn't. Probably should have now haha. Oh well. I'll put these vids to good use this morning. Hopefully after this the only one I'll have trouble with is the one for cool combos through the stages haha.

Fighterspledge

Thanks SO MUCH for the videos. YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!

It's one thing to read how it is done it is another whole ball game to see how to do it.

KEEP'EM coming tour are doing a GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!

Again THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Thanks for letting me know that you appreciate it. That's all I need. :)

Hey Fighterspledge

I have never really played "hack and slasher" type games like this one, or Devil May Cry. There are parts of the game I have little or no problems with, but like most people on here, I to struggle really bad with the Cool combos.

I'm not a "Master" yet but I am a hell of a lot better than I was, and it's because of your videos.

And I have not logged on to XBOX live to update my gamerscore. But I've gotten a couple more achievements and one them was the "Dance of the Empress" achievement, thanks to your video.

You deserve all the credit you gotten. And like some of the others on here my gamerscore has benefited due to your hard work and effort.

And quite frankly I thought there was no way in hell I would get some of the achievements in this game but after watching your videos, MAN you have giving me hope and drive I needed to stay with it.

Again Thank you man and if we ever cross paths the beer is on me.

"Crimson Makeup" 20

Complete Quest No.3 "Crimson Makeup" (LV1~3)

In order to complete levels in this quest, you have to kill a lot of enemies with Aya or Saki to constantly expose the girls to splatter damage in 1 level. It’s easier to enable Rampage mode several times in one run of a level, then cure yourself with a goddess statue or a fragment to see how much progress you are making. You can achieve this at the same time you are working towards completing the quest, “Crimson Makeup” You can get this in level 3 in the final cage match right before the end of the level if you constantly cure your rampage mode with a goddess statue fragment (They will drop more frequently if you are close to a full Rampage bar.) to prevent you from killing the mudmen. Quest levels do not stack and level must be completed before the next level of the quest can be achieved. Achievement will unlock right away during the level when you hit quest criteria.

I'm trying to do this at the end of Level 3 and it's taking ages! Do I leave rampage on for a while or do I just cure it as soon as I go into it? i've been grinding for about 30 minutes now and nothing. (I completed the first level when I was going for Genocider)

and yes it's a fresh run of the level, Level 2 of it just won't unlock!

Edit: completed it, I just needed a bit more patience. Took about 30 minutes each level

Edited by Chojin

It just surprises you. Also, it's not how long you're in Rampage mode, but rather how many zombies you kill. Curing yourself just helps you see how much splatter you're getting. (And keeps you from killing the mudmen.) It shouldn't be taking you 30 min though. 15 min tops really... maybe you popped it and didn't realize it?

Worst case scenario, just end the level and do it again. (As much as you would hate to do that, it's better than just grinding all day long.)

Na, I got it - I just needed more patience. I killed about 2 zombies after posting that and I got the Level 2....

One of those annoying grindy ones I wanted to get out the way, plus it netted me the Aya 80GS achievement as well.

Currently 3 levels into my Hard run, and I just nabbed my Zombie Piercer level 2 for running through level 3 on Hard and not getting hit once, but grabbing the hearts of all the mudmen along the way.

I fucking love this game!!!