Beware the Phisher Man

Webb

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HA HA HA HA HA! YOU CAN NOT STOP THE BIG BOSS HIM SELF. I WILL PWN ALL OF YOU! PROXY IS MY FRIEND! XBL ACCOUNTS IS WHAT IM AIMMING FOR! HA HA HA HA HA. I RUN THIS BITCH FUCK ALL! I AM THE BIG BOSS HIM SELF!:uzi:

p.s. I AM A GIRL!

Take it thats all the guys achieved with some login? A poxy message which can be removed whenever.

To the guys worried about helspawnkillr13, he's probably been hacked, like he said..cos he seems like hes used the forum for a bit now anyway.

Phisher alert.

Account name: helspawnkillr13

To all you people falling for it, smarten up. Yes, its not your fault, and its not fair.

But for God's sakes, you should know better.

Hover your mouse cursor over the link and examine where it goes first!

I got the same one, I did click on the link saw it took me to ripserver or something with a mock up sign in page which (thanks to NoScript) didn't look right.

Looking at it, helspawnkillr has had has account phished, as has jobless sam.

I just implore people to be wary about outside links such as this, not just on here, but everywhere, and to always check the domain before entering in sensitive information or even clicking it.

Lol, and of all the people to PM, you idiot.

perottojh30

Banstick please. Sent the following PM:

TITLE: help me when the score

i need your help with the achievement. should i start from the beginning or in the mid. im tryin to do it like you said in this thread.

LINK REMOVED - This did link to x360a topic, with a seperate URL under it.

but im always 20 seconds late. i posted a video on the thread please help me.

----------

So yeh, banstick. The 5 recipients were:

Recipients: cxr666, Cygnes, jon5445, Junkstuntman, Slow2die

------

If you recieve this PM, delete it, and report it. Do not follow the link and do not enter your information.

Lol, and of all the people to PM, you idiot.

perottojh30

Banstick please. Sent the following PM:

TITLE: help me when the score

i need your help with the achievement. should i start from the beginning or in the mid. im tryin to do it like you said in this thread.

LINK REMOVED - This did link to x360a topic, with a seperate URL under it.

but im always 20 seconds late. i posted a video on the thread please help me.

----------

So yeh, banstick. The 5 recipients were:

Recipients: cxr666, Cygnes, jon5445, Junkstuntman, Slow2die

------

If you recieve this PM, delete it, and report it. Do not follow the link and do not enter your information.

Confirming this one, sent to myself as well as Frostknight04, Maka, r4id3n, shanehustle

Confirming this one, sent to myself as well as Frostknight04, Maka, r4id3n, shanehustle

I too got this, I got suspicious when a. it was send to one than one person, b. the link text lead to a guy asking for a Beta code to Red Faction: Guerilla and c. the login page was f*cked up.

It's always a good idea to have more than one password for different things, especially if bank details are involved.

To stop more and more people falling for the phishing scam, we've temporarily disabled private messages. Hopefully you can understand with this preventative measure, but we'd rather not have this bored individual have any more fun with people's account info.

In the meantime, please communicate all other actions here unless already stated.

Thanks and we hope everyone understands our reaction to this situation.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

I just noticed that and I just wanted to come here to confirm. I thought I may have lost my privileges for some reason but I remembered this thread.

Well I guess this is a good warning though. If anyone has the same passwords on sites as their LiveID, then it'd be in your best interest to get them changed.

I'd recommend you open a dictionary on a random page, pick a random word, then pick another random page and word. Then jumble them up into one word and memorise it, then use that as your password.

That'd be pretty damn hard to guess by anyone. :)

Because some people use the same passwords for their x360a accounts as their live accounts, allowing the phishers to access your NOT new 9000+ Gamerscore account and make changes, use credit card information and so on :)

oh god, haha, that would suck.

luckily, they are not the same password, so hopefully I will be okay, haha.

Well I guess this is a good warning though. If anyone has the same passwords on sites as their LiveID, then it'd be in your best interest to get them changed.

I'd recommend you open a dictionary on a random page, pick a random word, then pick another random page and word. Then jumble them up into one word and memorise it, then use that as your password.

That'd be pretty damn hard to guess by anyone. :)

or just use this tool

http://clsc.net/tools/random-string-generator.php

I try and keep my passwords as these, more secure.