Swan dive location 1st level

ajennice

1st level -- After you beat the Kraken and get Thor's glove, the thugs will trap you ( and you escape). You'll backtrack a bit and end back in the Kraken room across for the kraken's body. Without jumping or falling go right a bit, turn to face the middle of the water, run jump and press B.....

You SHOULD get it..... if not reload and try again.... it's the highest sopt on the whole board.

nope, it will not unlock

the one in thailand is right after you climbed up in the beggining, just before entering the jungle, turn back and swan dive back into the ocean

The Mediterranean one did unlock for me...keep trying and you'll get it. Thanks for clarifying the second one. To all, keep us posted for where the third one is.

The Mediterranean one did unlock for me...keep trying and you'll get it. Thanks for clarifying the second one. To all, keep us posted for where the third one is.

thing is, ive tried like 100 locations in the Kraken room now

strange thing is, ive got my swan diver 1 in thailand, and you got your swan diver 1 in meditterrian level

let me now if you can unlock the thailand one, if it doesnt work, try to jump from the right path you can take right after you started the wallclimbing (a treasure is up there, remeber?)

try to jump from there also

found this on gamefaqs

"you'll need to start a new story mode, because you can't revisit the second location on treasure hunt.

1) top of the kraken room

2) after you exit the undersea level, you climb up to amadas ship. before you enter the hold, swan dive of the second deck (you can climb on a slightly sloped white box to help you get over the railing)

Then climb on Laras boat and climb back up the anchor chain to continue the level.

BUT, i tried to load an autosave on the boat level, did exactly as written, but no unlock, hmm

3) the top of the cliff at the start of coastal thailand"

can it be that bad that ive fucked up the 2 remaining swan dives because ive got number 1 on thailandlevel instead of the krakenlevel?

time will tell! is it possible to start a new game and still have the old saves left? or will all my progress, relics and treasures be down to zero again?

Hi All:

Hopefully the following will help:

There are two Swan Dive locations on the Mediterranean Sea level. The first is in the Krakken room. Once you pull the lever to raise the sun dial above the Krakkens head to kill it, you need to chimney jump on either side of the lever to reach a floor above. From there, you perform the dive. The second location is once you get on Natla's ship. You will need to go to where the helicopters are, then take some stairs and pathway through the bridge/control room (this will be on the right hand side as you are moving away from the helicopters). You will see a wooden crate and a white crate that says 'life jackets'. You should also be able to see Lara's yacht and the cargo containers. Get on the life jacket crate and do the swan dive from there. The last swan dive location is at the beginning of the Coastal Thailand level. Climb up as high as you can and before you go into the jungle and approach the ruings, turn back around and head towards the water. This is the last place.

Lastly, if you missed the first Swan dive location, you will not be able to get the Master Swan Diver achievement. All swan dives need to be completed on one playthrough and cannot be achieved by re-visiting a location or on multiple playthroughs.

Hope that helps!

What do you mean by "can't be done on multiple playthroughs"? I hope you don't mean I can't have this achievement while my second complete walktrough in harder difficulty... :s

EDIT: DelacroixUMEA I also tried this one, and it didn't worked... Maybe I need a video but I'm pretty sure I've done it good, so... ^^"

Edited by xdr

Lastly, if you missed the first Swan dive location, you will not be able to get the Master Swan Diver achievement. All swan dives need to be completed on one playthrough and cannot be achieved by re-visiting a location or on multiple playthroughs.

Hope that helps!

so, if i got the first swan dive cheeve out of 3, on the third location instead of the first location, im not able to get the other 2 even if i start a new game?

if thats the case, the developers did an nhl 2k7 and they do suck

I got the Master Swan Diver ach. and the description says 'In one adventure, performed swan dives off the three highest points over water'. I'm interpreting that to mean that if you got 1 or 2 of the swan dives on your first playthrough and then went back to the location(s) on a 're-visit' to get the one or two missed, or started a whole new game on a higher difficultly and only got the one or two missed (and didn't re-do the one or two performed previously), the Master Swan Dive ach. would not unlocked. If this proves to be incorrect, please let me know and I apologize in advance!

i've tried the krakenroom and the boat dives both on treasure hunt and single load

but no cheeves, i will try to get them on a brand new playthrough, but first i want to now if a new playthrough messes with my progress so far, i have only 2 relics left and about 15 treasures left to find, so i dont wanna loose that.

DelacroixUMEA:

I'd probably just finish your current playthrough so you can get the ach for treasures and relics, etc. to be on the safe side. Then, start a new game. Since all the locations are at the beginning of the game, if you got all the other ach points, then it won't be a big additional time commitment.

DelacroixUMEA:

I'd probably just finish your current playthrough so you can get the ach for treasures and relics, etc. to be on the safe side. Then, start a new game. Since all the locations are at the beginning of the game, if you got all the other ach points, then it won't be a big additional time commitment.

yes i will do that

but one thing feels bad as i got the first jump out of three, were i suppose to get the last one

lets hope that dont fuck this up :(

Could someone please clarify where the Thailand one is? I've gotten the other two, but the third one either doesn't want to unlock or I'm getting the wrong spot.

I can also confirm that loading up an auto-save will unlock the achievement. I just did it with Swan Dive II, loading up Amanda's boat, after I started Croft Manor. Now, I just need to get that Thailand one...

Edited by Daknanook

ok, this is strange, ive got number 2 now, on the ship

so, this is how it must be

if you take for example, thailand for you first swan dive, you cant take anymore on that save (now you have swan diver 1)

you have to make a new savegame, but on this save you wont get a cheeve on Krakenlevel because that one is already registred (swan dive 1), then carryon as usual, i think

Don't know if this will help you but I got the kraken dive (getting dive 1 cheev) on starting the game but missed the boat dive. So i deleted all save data and started again, re-did kraken dive (obviously no cheev this time) got the boat dive (unlocking dive 2 cheev) and then thailand , which unlocked master dive cheev.

Now im concerned about how to get speed demon cheevs later in the game if u cant redo levels to unlock them if you miss the time.

Okay, this is how you unlock swan dives if you've already missed one. I've personally confirmed that this works.

What you need to do is load the auto-save called "The Norse Connection," regardless of where you are in the game (don't use the Treasure Hunt mode - make sure to load the auto-save). Go through the levels, making sure you go through all three swan dives, whether or not you already have the achievement for it, and whether or not you got the first two achievements on a different swan dive location.

Basically, load up Norse Connection. Go to the top of the Kraken's room, dive from there. The diving point is right in front of you as you walk out of a doorway and trigger a short cutscene, on a slightly lower ledge. Then, make your way out of the temple and onto Amanda's boat.

Dive from the life-jacket box on the second deck, after you jump from the large colored crates. Jump back onto Amanda's boat and finish the level. When you start Thailand, climb to the top of the cliffs. The diving point is before the jungle.

You'll see the large vertical cliff in front of you and below that has a treasure you can collect. That is NOT the diving location, at least not as far as I can tell. You have to do the swan dive from the ledge that you climb up to get to where you are now. So, if you're facing the water, the vertical cliff with the treasure is on your right, the four ledges that you recently climbed are below and to the left. Swan dive from here and BLOOP... ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! Woot.

Now, just load up your last save, and continue with your adventure. You do not have to delete your save files or start a new game. Just to be sure, do all three dives in one sitting; it doesn't take too long - maybe 15-30 minutes max, depending on whether or not you know the diving locations.

I hope this helps. Happy tomb raiding.

Okay, this is how you unlock swan dives if you've already missed one. I've personally confirmed that this works.

What you need to do is load the auto-save called "The Norse Connection," regardless of where you are in the game (don't use the Treasure Hunt mode - make sure to load the auto-save). Go through the levels, making sure you go through all three swan dives, whether or not you already have the achievement for it, and whether or not you got the first two achievements on a different swan dive location.

Basically, load up Norse Connection. Go to the top of the Kraken's room, dive from there. The diving point is right in front of you as you walk out of a doorway and trigger a short cutscene, on a slightly lower ledge. Then, make your way out of the temple and onto Amanda's boat.

Dive from the life-jacket box on the second deck, after you jump from the large colored crates. Jump back onto Amanda's boat and finish the level. When you start Thailand, climb to the top of the cliffs. The diving point is before the jungle.

You'll see the large vertical cliff in front of you and below that has a treasure you can collect. That is NOT the diving location, at least not as far as I can tell. You have to do the swan dive from the ledge that you climb up to get to where you are now. So, if you're facing the water, the vertical cliff with the treasure is on your right, the four ledges that you recently climbed are below and to the left. Swan dive from here and BLOOP... ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED! Woot.

Now, just load up your last save, and continue with your adventure. You do not have to delete your save files or start a new game. Just to be sure, do all three dives in one sitting; it doesn't take too long - maybe 15-30 minutes max, depending on whether or not you know the diving locations.

I hope this helps. Happy tomb raiding.

That exactly correct nothing different that this. I now have all three of the achievements.

Ok, so I have 2 out of the 3 Swan Dive achievements so far.

This is how I got both.

I didnt know about the Kraken spot and the boat spot dives before I did my first in Thailand. So I unlock the first dive in Thailand.

Next, I fear a glitch coming on so I delete my save files and start a new game. So I do the Kraken spot, nothing, the boat spot, nothing and now back in Thailand I get the 2 out of 3 achievements on my new 2nd game.

Weird...what must I do to unlock the 3rd?