View Full Version : XBLA Price Cuts
09-27-2007, 01:50 PM
I saw this on the home page, but everytime I clicked on the discuss this in forums, it just took me to the forum home page. So then I searched, and couldn't find it. So anyways, you guys have up that the price reduction was slashed from 25% to 50%, but when I went in last night to download them...they were still only 25% reduced. So is there a time when they are going to go to 50%, or did I miss my chance, or was there a screw up and 25% is gonna be the only reduction? Any ideas?
09-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Most of the time, the "Discuss this in the Forums" link will just take you to the main forum page (so you can discuss everything you want to! ;) )
Hopefully, Razzleson, or another arcade game specs expert will chime in but... Maybe it had not taken effect yet in your region? Was it Wednesday? or maybe you missed it and it is only on Wednesday? I am not sure.
09-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Starting this Wednesday and lasting for a whole seven days, three previously released Xbox Live Arcade games will be catching the price discount fever. XBLA games Frogger, Hardwood Spades and Bankshot Billiards 2 will be discounted this Wednesday with both Frogger and Hardwood Spades dropping from 400 Microsoft points to 300 and Bankshot Billiards 2 going from 1200 to 900. Again, these new prices go into effect this Wednesday and will remain at their lower prices until October 2nd, so give 'em a purchase if there is something you think you'll enjoy. And note to Microsoft, we and our fellow fanboys love these types of discounted Arcade game promotions. Please, keep them coming!
Wednesday through Oct 2. Not sure about regions though.
09-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Ok...well I had heard that, but then on this website on the home page, an article was written by one Jason Debelyak, saying that the prices would be cut by 50% instead of 25%. Making the Frogger & Spade game available at 200 MP per game, and the Billards game available at 600 MP. So are you saying that the posting of this article on the frontpage is untrue?
09-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Well in the posted news article we have it as the following:
“Bankshot Billiards 2” – 600 Microsoft Points (normally 1200 Microsoft Points) - 50% off
“Frogger” – 200 Microsoft Points (normally 400 Microsoft Points) - 50% off
“Hardwood Spades” – 200 Microsoft Points (normally 400 Microsoft Points) - 50% off
Yet the article I posted from 360fanboy contradicts that. If no one has done it before I get home I'll pull these games up on Live to verify the pricing. Look for it around 12:30. cst.
09-27-2007, 03:20 PM
Last night when I got on, (Wednesday), they were priced 900, 300, 300. I'm hoping they change to 600, 200, 200...but <shrugs>
09-27-2007, 03:33 PM
They wont change. Orignally we reported the 25% discount, and Krazie posted info from Fanboy which was wrong.
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Yup a little error on my part i guess. Somebody slap me on the wrists, please :p
09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Somebody slap me on the wrists, please :p
I'll do more than that, lol.:p
Anyways...thanks for clarifying people! :)
09-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Bleh for these games. I got Frogger and the other two I would careless (zero interest). Hopefully next discount of games are good this time around and half off too.
09-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Bollocks, when i first got live i downloaded the demo for bankshot billards and immedatly realised it would be on my gamercard so i didnt do anymore, however i have a really stupid gf and she downloaded frogger and smash tv when i was at work as u may imagine i was pissed, i thought 50% would be enough for me to buy them but im not payin 900MP for bankshot billiards.
Krazie ur a wombat lol
09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally they did say 25% off. Yesterday morning they were marked at 50% off.
But then I noticed today that they were back to 25% off. To bad to because I would of picked up one or two of them at 50% but not now. Only way I'd buy bankshot is at 600.
09-27-2007, 08:52 PM
it'll be nice if they discount a set of games on a regular basis. i'd probably find myself buying a whole lot more arcade games. =)
09-29-2007, 12:48 AM
50% off would be nice then I'll be interest in bankshot billards 2 but oh well...
09-29-2007, 01:56 AM
this deal still running? b/c i might want bankshot billiards.
Why can't they have permanent cuts? Like say, Robotron: 2084 is now 200 points since it has been out for two years. Because all I'm looking at right now is an unhealthy number of points. If I bought one I'd essentially have 100 useless points. I could either make it a round 800 by purchasing a GH II track pack for 500 points or end up buying some random picture pack and another Condemned 20 point pic to round it out to $5. This isn't a discount at all. Just because of the 1000 note achievement I'd probably end up spending more money on an arcade I don't care about than I would have if I bought it last month.
If things start being 200 points, though, we have something we can work with.
10-01-2007, 03:00 PM
hmm Bankshot Billiards 2 any gd, could buy it
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)
10-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Actually, on the first day, the games were 50% off, then I noticed later on, that they became 25% off. I managed to pick up Frogger and Spades at 200 each. When I went back later to see if Billiards was still 600, the price was now 900. Oh well. I managed to get a great discount on 2 out of 3 games.
vBulletin® v3.8.7 Beta 1, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.