View Full Version : base stealing in legend mode
04-03-2011, 07:45 AM
I'm kind of stuck in legend mode in the off season in japan, beginning of season 2.
You get a challenge of 1 hit and 1 stolen base for your player. Now the hit is obviously not a problem but I'm really struggling with stealing the base. My guy has only 2 for speed and is really slow. There's no way to improve on that before this game and the game won't let me progress any further until I make this challenge.
Anyone have some tips on how to succesfully steal that base?
04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Just found out how to do this.
The best part is, it's really easy when you know how.
What I did was this:
1) Instead of batting first, move your legend down to position 2.
2) Make sure there's a legendary contact hitter on position 1.
3) Hit a base hit with first player, make sure the cpu doesn't earn any boost.
4) Score a base hit with your Legend. Make sure the first batter doesn't score a run but have him end up on either 2nd or 3rd base.
5) push Y twice to lead-off and steal the base. This will let all players on base try to steal a base.
6) the cpu will throw out the player closest to home giving you time to finish stealing. If you have any turbo, use it.
Can also be done with your legend in 3rd. Just make sure the cpu doesn't earn any boost as that might foil your effort.
After that, just win the game and advance.
05-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Im not too hot on my baseball but when I try this they always get out the guy running to third and leave me to steal second. It says caught stealing but I dont get credit for stealing second.
I have no one else fast enough to to put on before me either.
07-30-2011, 05:59 AM
The way I did this was to steal Ichiro from the Mariners in season 1. Bat him leadoff (1st) and get a single with him. Bat your player 2nd, then get a single with him as well. Since Ichiro has a power-up that gives you a free Turbo, you'll have 1 to use for your steal attempt. When the 3rd batter gets up, press Y once to Lead-Off, then RB to Double Steal and use your Turbo. Both guys should make it easily and you'll also unlock the Double Steal achievement if you didn't already have it.
08-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Okey, my problem is history...
08-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Well just to let you know when you steal base the batter isnt meant to swing
i struggled with it too until i read it online that the batter is just meant to stand still
vBulletin® v3.8.7 Beta 1, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.