Free game when you buy gold membership

Morbido

As far as I know, they should email you a code within a month for the free game.

If I'm wrong here, then sorry. :rolleyes:

It says a free game disc though, so my guess is that you enter you're name, address, and game you want after ordering, but im not 100% at that.

Edit: After rereading the OP, that might not be the case. When you ordered, did you get to select the game you wanted? If not, it may be that they email you asking to choose one, and then send you it through the post.

Edited by i NatrlKilla i

That's right but they are silly games

I wouldn't call Kinect Sports, Kinectimals, Halo Reach or Fable 3 "silly" games - but that's just me.

I think the small print said you'd receive an email 1-2 weeks after subbing for your mailing address, and then the game in 8-10 weeks.

This is the stupidest idea EVER!. Microsoft will lose a fuckton of money, all for their unwanted clientele.

Buy a year's worth of Gold and get a game that's worth about 1/4th of what you paid? If anything, they're profiting, because the idea of "buy x and get a free x" sounds appealing to consumers, regardless of what the free gift is (even if it's worth about a dollar, people will flock.)

I bought my 12 months from a store. Will I still get a free game?

No. It has to be done through Microsoft.

This is one of the things that make me so fucking jealous!

DAMN YOU AMERICANS AND YOUR INSANE FUCKING DEALS!

It's not just American. I'm in the UK and can see the deal. I can see it on my gold account, but only because I'm about to go silver unless I renew. If you cant see it, make a silver account, and check again.

Not sure if anyone else seen this, but I was going to go for that Free Game deal and accidentally let my Gold membership expire. Logged in tonight, and it had an offer for the free game disc and 20% off the gold membership. So I jumped on it for $47.99. Doesn't come with the extra month though. Wonder if its only for folks whose gold expires....

Its dumb how accounts that have gold can't see the deal.. But i do understand why they can't as well.

But my girls accounts i expiring in less than a month, and ofcourse she would love to get a year for 47 bucks and get a free game.. ofcourse, we have Reach and Kinectimals and Kinect sports already. So i guess Fable 3 would be her choice.. and if not we can sell it and make out her 1 year even cheaper.

anyone know when this deal ends?