Can you stop wireless controllers turning themselves off.

Damage1604667312

I don't have a play and charge kit and I don't want to buy a wired controller.

Interested in doing a few achievements when you can just leave your xbox on for several hours and let it do its own thing. E.g. the host trick in Singularity and various others.

However my controllers are all wireless and run off either rechargeable AA or Madkatz rechargeable batteries, that charge via a docking station.

So can you stop them turning themselves off?? They even do it if you bind your controller trigger (I did this for the hour at Mach2 achievement in Hawks).

There is absolutely nothing that you can do to a wireless controller that will prevent it from shutting itself down after a period of time. Even if a control stick or button is held down, it will shut down after 15 minutes if the input does not change.

The only solution is to get a wired controller. If you're getting a wired controller, might as well get a Hori Turbo Controller.

Not sure how a play and charge kit would work as they just top the battery up. Hence technically the same as using the controller and putting it on the docking station, having a full battery is not the issue. Not going to buy a wired controller and especially not a turbo one.

I do have a old wired guitar controller that I could use as it seems to think its as good as a controller (will be a bit difficult for anything which requires actual play, but seem to remember trying to play a non-music demo with it before). Also have a steering wheel but some games detect what it is.

Will update if either of these work. Its currently only for a few stupid fly around for X amount of time things, in single player.

Not sure how a play and charge kit would work as they just top the battery up. Hence technically the same as using the controller and putting it on the docking station, having a full battery is not the issue. Not going to buy a wired controller and especially not a turbo one.

by plugging in a wireless controller with the play and charge kit charger cable without the battery pack in the controller, it acts the same as a wired controller; it won't turn off if left on for a few hours. it's how i did some of my MINAC farming in borderlands.

by plugging in a wireless controller with the play and charge kit charger cable without the battery pack in the controller, it acts the same as a wired controller; it won't turn off if left on for a few hours. it's how i did some of my MINAC farming in borderlands.

Thanks I was looking at the 3rd party ones, where you just plug a usb lead into the battery. I forgot all about the proper cable you get with the play and charge kit from MS.

Yeh this, its the way to do it. I dont even think I took the battery out, just plugged it in. Got the 8 hours cheev in GRAW(2) doing it.

That said, I would love it if someone figured out a way to extend the timeout time to say... 30 minutes, so I can watch TV eps and still have my controller on at the end.