View Full Version : Why does this game get some much hate?
10-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Before purchasing this game I asked on a couple different forums about it. Mostly chans and other general gaming forums. The general concensus of the game was negative. Lots of people hating on it. So i pick it up anyways because it was on sale and it's amazing!
I consider this game more artistically designed that most games. It's very well constructed and seems like the shot for exactly what they were aiming for. Solid through and through.
I can only assume the people who dont like this game simply don't understand anything the style of it.
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM
I like it but its very loose and kinda lacking in places i dread upping the difficulty with the loose controls plus the slide and slo mo gets very boring quick
10-05-2010, 11:24 AM
comparing to stuff like tomb raider and stranglehold this is a masterpiece
10-05-2010, 01:14 PM
The only reason I hate it is cause of the difficulty, at least that's all I can remember about it.
11-23-2010, 07:26 AM
the problem with this game at least to me is the responsiveness of the controls to the game. other than that and doing the same thing over and over for mutiple playthroughs is annoying also after awhile. the story was average at best the action was good while it lasted. i give the game about a 6 or 7 out of 10.
B A R 4 D
12-04-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm playing it now and loving it, achievements are bit difficulty but nothing too bad.
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Why does this game get some much hate?
Story: boring and cliched at best, laughable at worst. The main character is supposed to be an over-the-top contract killer but seems to be stuck in negative age, the rest of the cast fares poorly as well. Nobody plays these kind of games for their story, but WET does it's best to strain your nerves as much as possible. MW2 was intelligent compared to this one.
Graphics: mediocre at best. I don't like the grindhouse look, and dislike the Rage scenes even more. Especially since the latter make orientation difficuilt. Cutscenes are neither interesting nor funny but still unskipable, no matter what playthrough you're on.
Sounds: the music fits and is decent enough, but since they are playing 1-2 minute segments, it becomes fast annoying.
Poor controls:adequate for normal where you take less damage, infuriating at harder levels, nightmarish for the obstacle course. Coupled with the most underpowered weapons (even after upgrading) I've seen in a long time, the gameplay is anything but fun.
Game design: 90% of the time you're diving in slow-motion or jumping in slow-motion, shooting either at guys with guns or guys with bats/swords. All but the first arenas have the same minigun boss. When we're treated to something different (Falling for Kafka / Road Rage) it's even more tedious because you can't move or take cover and are limited to somehow scraping through to the next checkpoint so you respawn with full health. A good game throws a challenge at you but still gives you a chance to make it through unscathed (see Batman or Bayonetta).
Glitches/bugs/just shit design:
- kill everyone in an arena, but the game doesn't recognise it, forcing you to restart and play the whole 'fun' again
- sliding behind cover still makes you take damage from gun fire even though there are two sets of crates between you and the last enemy who has no line of sight to you
- you die when the game plays an animation of you closing an arena door; I've lost up to 5 blocks of life during this
- while you conduct an aerial maneuver the game interupts the flow with a cut scene, causing your maneuver to go haywire and usually ending in you getting killed
- propably a rare glitch, but nevertheless:while playing the 2nd Rage scene I closed the last arena door, killed the last enemy, and blew myself up with an exploding car in one last dive. When I respawned I ended in some kind of limbo where a skinhead Rubi could move one metre but nothing else. The corrupted save forced me to start all over again.
Achievements: Four fucking playthroughs of same old same old I was already bored of after level 4. An obstacle course with wonky controls. What's not to hate?
End verdict: If you possibly can't think of anything else to pick up, and don't care about your completion percentage, one playthrough can somehow be endured. Anything else is just a test of your patience. If you're desperate for this kind of game, try Bayonetta instead.
vBulletin® v3.8.7 Beta 1, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.