Kinect and Cheevos

jedijaxpavan

im sure that the Kinect games will have cheevos but im wondering if they will keep the cap at 1000 points and how they will use them. maybe like "your in the movies"? get drunk and flop around, cheevo unlocked. anyone heard word about Kinect cheevos? you never know what Microsoft will do.

cheevos are the deciding factor if i buy it or not

im sure that the Kinect games will have cheevos but im wondering if they will keep the cap at 1000 points and how they will use them. maybe like "your in the movies"? get drunk and flop around, cheevo unlocked. anyone heard word about Kinect cheevos? you never know what Microsoft will do.

UH i have never heard of these cheevos you speak of.

Although I am pretty sure kinect will have achievements, after all they are trying to sell it.

UH cheevos=cheetos new flavor?

Edited by KillerBEA

They will probably put them slyly into games like burnout paradise did with the vision camera.

As for kinect only games, they will probably be like your in the movies. Things like play with x amount of people, get x amount score. I cant see how Kinect could give an achievement for you acting drunk unless im underestimating how good kinect is.

They will probably have achievements... i mean it's a game on the 360 and all games have achievements.... just going by that though. However...i won't be buying any games for achievements because this is bull, the games will be costing the same as Red Dead Redemption or Call of duty on release day... freaking 60 bucks... now for a causal game i expect a casual price of about 39.99.

typing out "achievement" > sounding like a douche

this is the same thing as people calling the "playstation 3" a "P3". goddamn do i hate that.

on a side note, i feel like "chievos" is a little less douchier than "cheevos".

EDIT: oh, and why the hell are achievements a deciding factor if you buy a game. Such a disgrace.

Edited by josherpillage

EDIT: oh, and why the hell are achievements a deciding factor if you buy a game. Such a disgrace.

Alright buddy, think about it for a second where you're at. Xbox360achievements.org... a lot of people here care about achievements and it's usually the deciding factor whether they get a game or not. I mean come on, i bet half the members of this site either have played or have owned barbie horse adventures for the achievement points or even the Hannah Montana game!

I don't think they would raise the cap.. do you mean like the original 1k points for normal play and then others above the 1k? I highly doubt that if that's what you mean.

I'd assume it would be like any other game, some based on the game, possible the odd one you can only do with kinect, just like the odd ones with the vision cam.

I can't see them having many for games that you can use either the controller or kinect, since if you can play the game both ways, most of them you will probably be able to earn both ways.

I can see some developers being an ass about it tho.

And the cheevos thing.. really???

Who cares. I use it if I'm in a hurry just like I use "Tho" and other short forms.. I'm sure everyone at some point has use internet speak, or whatever you want to call it.

Alright buddy, think about it for a second where you're at. Xbox360achievements.org... a lot of people here care about achievements and it's usually the deciding factor whether they get a game or not. I mean come on, i bet half the members of this site either have played or have owned barbie horse adventures for the achievement points or even the Hannah Montana game!

hey, dont get be wrong, i like achievements just as mouch as everyone else here. hell, 100K+ gs. but just the fact that you wont play a game becuase it doesnt have achievements is pathetic. you, as a gamer, are limiting yourself to games that may actually be good AND games on other consoles. i genuinely feel bad for those of you who have wasted hours upon hours of your life on games such as hannah montana, just to increase your score by 1000. 1000gs is no where near worth 6 hours of my life, i dont have enough time as it is.

thats just me though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and not one alone is right.

hey, dont get be wrong, i like achievements just as mouch as everyone else here. hell, 100K+ gs. but just the fact that you wont play a game becuase it doesnt have achievements is pathetic. you, as a gamer, are limiting yourself to games that may actually be good AND games on other consoles. i genuinely feel bad for those of you who have wasted hours upon hours of your life on games such as hannah montana, just to increase your score by 1000. 1000gs is no where near worth 6 hours of my life, i dont have enough time as it is.

thats just me though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and not one alone is right.

i never said i would never buy it but if i am gonna get it at launch the games better be worth it. plus my daughter (5) would have a blast with it. cheevos

With Kinect I really hope none of the games are full price. I think that all or most Kinect games should be 800-1200 MS Points and available for download through the Xbox LIVE Arcade. I wouldn't want to go out and buy the games. I think having a bunch of different Kinect games right on my hard drive would be nice. I wouldn't want a bunch of discs for games that I wouldn't play for more than like 20 minutes at a time.

If it was my way I would do around 500 Gamerscore and around 20 achievements. Kind of in between full game and arcade game.

i bet half the members of this site either have played or have owned barbie horse adventures for the achievement points or even the Hannah Montana game!

Cant say i have, or even Avatar:TBE, or backyard football

now that i think about it, im kind of on a Hannah Montana barbie horse, airbending football playing kinda mood - easy 4k

Im sure they just added a game on the home page that Im sure will be a Kinect game.

Why wouldn't the games have achievements anyways? What gives you that idea? It's for the Xbox 360 which is based around achievements.

You know, you shouldn't decide on what you want to buy based on achievements.

You know, you shouldn't tell other people what to think. A lot of people factor achievements in when buying/renting games. Fact.

Why is it a disgrace? Because you said so? C'mon man, you know people here care about achievements and that in turn factors into what games they may or may not buy. Why do think we post lists of achievements early? It's obviously more of a factor for people than you think.

Not playing games cause there are no achievements does strike me as a bit odd, but who am I to judge?

On topic, I think they probably will have achievements. I'm not sold on the whole Kinect thing yet, so we'll see.