How can I turn 1 RROD into the 3 RROD or e74?

Inyaface13

I've had an E74 error xbox before and it had ONE flashing light like that one does. It took a while, but the video wold go out, or my xbox would freeze. Many days later it showed an E74 error on screen. So if u have that, yours should be covered by Microsoft for 3 years. I have fixed over 4 xbox 360 rrod's, but never an E74. I heard theyre the same fix, but the one i tried to fix had a burnt gpu(video chip).

So i don't know if the same fix would actually work. My advice, tho is to turn it into Microsoft. But keep trying to turn it on and off occasionally to see if u get an E74 error. But usually it will turn on, but with no video or sound, and ur controller won't connect, and green lights will flash.

So do not try to open it up at all, or overheat it, its best to leave it alone. That way Microsoft will accept it. And don't let anyone fix it for cheap, because chances are they might not be able, or not for long.

Sounds like a good way to burn up the fan motors to me or fry the CPU or GPU.

Yeah people said its the melting that fixes the problem, Put the toothpicks in to stop your fans and leave it on for maybe 15 minutes and it gives you a different error..Turn it off and unplug it then plug it back up and it should be fixed.

Well it actually works, I had the e73 error and 1 rrod light pop up but my friend and I turned the Xbox 360 off and lodged two toothpicks into the back so that the fan blades were blocked and left it on and flashing for 15 minutes then we unplugged the power cord and av cables then plugged them back in and when I started it back up it was perfect played halo 3 online perfect.

I would have recorded it if I actually thought it would work lol

Well it actually works, I had the e73 error and 1 rrod light pop up but my friend and I turned the Xbox 360 off and lodged two toothpicks into the back so that the fan blades were blocked and left it on and flashing for 15 minutes then we unplugged the power cord and av cables then plugged them back in and when I started it back up it was perfect played halo 3 online perfect.

I would have recorded it if I actually thought it would work lol

Sorry to break the bad news but its not fixed forever. It will work for a bit but it will break again. You have effectively done the towel trick without the towel.

I tried many different methods with a launch console i got given and it would work for a couple of days and then die again. :(

One thing i did find weird though was it would work fine until it was turned off, once it had been turned back on again the errors would kick in :confused:

Sorry to break the bad news but its not fixed forever. It will work for a bit but it will break again. You have effectively done the towel trick without the towel.

I tried many different methods with a launch console i got given and it would work for a couple of days and then die again. :(

One thing i did find weird though was it would work fine until it was turned off, once it had been turned back on again the errors would kick in :confused:

I was hoping if it messes up again it will come up as the three red lights then the repair would be free. I was just shocked that it worked at all..