40 Yard Dash Achievement in Vanquish

• 40 Yard Dash

Maintain a Boost dash to the limit of the ARS reactor without overheating.

• How to unlock 40 Yard Dash

This is quite an easy achievement. As soon as you gain control of Sam in Act 1-1 (Landing), you'll come into a long hallway. Hold to boost while you keep an eye on the ARS (Augmented Reaction Suite) temperature gauge on the bottom right of your screen. This temperature gauge will start to heat up while you're boosting. Once this gauge is almost completely red (leave a tiny bit of blue), let go the and the achievement should be yours. If you hold for too long, the AR Suit will get overheated and you will need a moment of cooldown before you can try again.

If you're still not sure how to get this, look at the video below. Look at the 00:58 mark, there will be a bit of blue left. That's where the author lets go of the unlocking the achievement.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • Maintain a boost dash to the limit of the ARS reactor without overheating. Cut the dash 1 pixel short of the blue meter expiring, and that will do it. Note you will need a stretch of ground to do this, stage 1-5 (before and after the tank) is ideal for this purpose but you can use any long stretch of uninterrupted ground.
  • Act 2 on the conveyors worked for me, 'twas nice and straight.
  • I did not get that damn achievement, there is something wrong with my game, '(
  • Ok you dont need to do the boost on a straight strip of land. You can boost around using turns and stuff. Youll get it just as long as you stop at the right time (look at Uncle Crumpet 's response)
  • Hello Guys, will you check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmjw6GOXtk
  • You can just boost in a corner or something you just need a few feet to start, then when your almost out of the bar, stop.

Game navigation