Your Lucky Day Achievement in Tropico 4

• Your Lucky Day

Hire an unemployed citizen as a Minister

• How to unlock Your Lucky Day

Start a mission, build a ministry right away. Lock all job slots on all buildings, check the ministry for an applicable minister of defense, fire that person from the palace and lock those job slots too. After the person shows up as 'unemployed' under Almanac -> List -> Residents - Education -> High School, nominate him/her as minister of defense.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • Im assuming the best way to get this one is to build a high school and ministry, then sack the teacher and hire him as education minister. Anyone had any success?
  • 1. Build a High school and ministry. 2. Make sure there are no other jobs available on the island by locking the job availability on each employment building. 3. Check the available education ministers and then locate one of them in the high school. 4. Fire the teacher and lock off their job. 5. Check they are classed as unemployed by viewing them (located under their name in info box). 6. Hire them as education minister! Hope this helps
  • I got this in the tutorial- when you have to employ the 5 ministers. Tells you which General to pick, and it unlocked.
  • Same as #3 got mine by hiring the minister of defense they tell you to in the tutorial...my first achievement in the game
  • Build a ministry. When built, scroll down to see who is available for defense. Choose one of those men, then click on your palace to find that same person, fire him and make sure no other jobs are available. His name should still show up in the defense section. Hire him and bleep bloop, achievement. I thought this was easier than building a high school, especially if you're like me and want achievements ASAP. ;)
  • I think I ended up getting this one from having a HUGE amount of unemployed people and when you open the ministry, make sure that the person you are hiring has the image of an enemployed woman or man. If they already look like a doctor or construction worker it will help none.

Game navigation