Gun Control Achievement in Silent Hill: Downpour

• Gun Control

Killed 25 monsters with the Pistol or Shotgun.

• How to unlock Gun Control

Any weapon that is considered a firearm will work for this achievement. Remember what path you are on, and only kill enemies when going for specific endings and achievements. See the last achievement in the guide that talks about endings for more information and how to plan ahead.

Guns aren't extremely rare, but they are also pretty easy to miss. You also have a limited supply of bullets. The best way to get these kills would be to just finish off the enemies with the gun. Use melee attacks with . Once they are down, aim with  and fire with . If you are on easy, the enemies will usually only take one bullet while on the ground. Eventually you will be using the shotgun a lot, so don't panic if you haven't gotten the achievement by the time you get to the prison area. This achievement is best aligned while going for all side quests in the game. Below are the weapons you could potentially find.

• Colt: Most common gun, found in a good amount of places.
    • Shotgun: Not found for a while, there will be a good amount when you get to the prison though.
    • Golden Gun: Awarded after the Cinema Verite side quest.
    • Rifle: Enter pre-order code 911977 into the in-game lockers at the entrance of Silent Hill after the Devil's Pit, in the basement of a house South of the C of Campbell St, and the Pearl Creek Subway entrance found on Laymond Ave.

Note: You can check your gun kills in the start menu statistics screen. Scroll to the bottom to see how many were killed by firearms. The game will not count kills if you have died, you will have to get them all over again.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • You can use any firearm despite the description saying 'pistol or shotgun.' So if you use the GameStop code on the lockers to get the rifle, kills still count toward this.
  • Do you have to kill them or can you also just incapacitate them?
  • i find it easier to just incapacitate enemies via a melee weapon, then pulling out your pistol/rifle/shotgun and use 1 shot to finish them off.
  • Does this include the nail gun?
  • Yes, it includes the nailgun. The achievement popped for me when I killed someone with the nailgun.

Game navigation