Silent Hill Historic Society Achievement in Silent Hill: Downpour

• Silent Hill Historic Society

Completed Murphy's Journal with all Mysteries.

• How to unlock Silent Hill Historic Society

These are the collectibles in the game and you must get them all which fill your journal. There are a total of 54 but you only need 53 for the achievement. This means you only have room for 1 error. The main story progression areas you cannot backtrack to. Be diligent when finding these. This all must be done in 1 playthrough, they do not stack.

Go HERE for the mystery and side quest guide which is in order as you should obtain them.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • SHHS......PALINDROMES!!!!!
  • be sure you get all of them while you're in the centennial building the first time, since there's a good chance the game will glitch and lock you out of there forever once you're out (the memorandum will re-appear on the garage entrance and won't let you open the door)
  • this is gna b a pain in the ass...
  • There are 54 pages total. Only 53 are required for the achievement. (One of the letters in the final area doesn't count for some reason.)
  • Are the Side quest notes required for the achievement?
  • I actually have 52 pages. I'm in the prison and unless the "Digging Up the Past" quest leads to a page or the achievement doesn't pop until the end of the game, both of which I doubt, I've missed out by 1 page. ONE PAGE! Eugh. Hopefully someone can confirm whether all side quests are required for the mysteries or not, it'd be nice to not have to do all of those again.
  • Sidequests are not required, it just the pages you pick up to fill the Journal
  • https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=444265962255210 I have a Facebook guide here. Add me on FB or XBL if you need help :)
  • Glitch : try to re-enter into Centennial Building, at the door it will open your book to show you the mistery you already have, and it will add 1 one mystery in the statistics. Do it X times until you reach 53 misterys in the statistics (go to the fountain to have a savepoint then return to the door)
  • wow, thx stefsamy for the tip!
  • Does the glitch still work? And does it actually unlock the full book or just the one pAge
  • Hey guys i have 55 mysteries... not 54... the page you missed is the one next the cell (right) of Prisoner's Letter (3).

Game navigation