Good Behavior Achievement in Silent Hill: Downpour

• Good Behavior

Completed the game on any difficulty without killing any monsters.

• How to unlock Good Behavior

Killing an enemy means when you incapacitate it, not finishing it off while on the ground. If an enemy dies while you fight it that will not count against you. This means you can feel free to fight anything you want and if it dies you'll be fine. You must only leave incapacitated enemies alive for this achievement. Because you have to complete 2 full playthroughs, you should get this while going for the endings related to not killing monsters.

Note: You can always check your statistics in the game start menu. Scroll to the bottom and you should see an Enemies Killed stat. If you keep checking this and notice it went up to 1, you can reload a previous save.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • how can this be possible i have to kill everyone in every game, just ask the pedestrians in GTA IV
  • Is this gonna be like Deus Ex where you can't call anybody but boss fights don't count? Or what.. ?
  • Going by the other achievement further down the list Stay of Execution 25 Incapacitated 20 monsters without killing them. Seems like you can knock enemies out without actually having to kill them. As for boss fights, I don't think you'll have much of a choice but to kill them to progress through the game?
  • shoot their legs I bet.
  • Don't shoot them in the head... It goes against all videogame logic
  • Don't kill scary monsters? I'm confused. Can't wait to play this though
  • CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • i hope there will be some boss...
  • Aw, but I wanna slay the evil demons!
  • lol i hit the screamers all the same 4 hits each i believe. Then they twitch on the groud... I do it to another 5 and one of them just happened to die... Lmfao stupid
  • how to you not kill the bogeyman? would killing him void the achievement?
  • but at the end....theres a platform and you need to kill enemies to make it move again...theres some waves of enemies and you need to kill those to activate the platform....wth...
  • #12 yea i just played through that part on easy mode. dont understand how ur not supposed to kill at that part :/
  • ok i just went through the game on hard and got this achievement. the part with the platform is ok :) i just shot the monsters and they went incaped and the platform went down :)
  • yeh...I got it too, that was pretty guys so don'T worry about the platform part. Just incapacite them and they will die alone without affecting your achievement..
  • After I hit some enemies they fall to the ground and twitch, others they disintegrate, but my kill count is still 0 when I check the statistics screen. As stupid as this may sound, should I trust the stats screen?
  • Aw, but I wanna slay the evil demons!
  • It's going to be physically impossible for me to get this. They must die!
  • #16: As long as you don't execute them while they're down it doesn't count as a kill. NOTE: Getting this achievement makes it impossible to unloch either the "Truth and Justice" or "Execution" endings on that playthrough, regardless of the choices you make throughout the game. (Apparently you need to not only make the 'bad' choices but also have to kill 'X' number of monsters to get either of those to pop.)
  • @#19 That must be right because I got Truth & Justice and Execution ending and I made all of the good choices on my first play through. So enemies count as bad? I wonder if taking the change from the cash register in the first area makes you have bad karma as well.
  • If you kill a monster by mistake, can you load the last save for reversing it? I just did that but the stats still say that I have killed 1, even if I load my first save :(
  • in the house at the begining with the colt gun in it (same house with the nail gun locker i think) does killiong the shadow's mannequin count as a kill in the game against this achievement?
  • #19 Thanks! #21 I read in another message board that it saves to the system file for that save so you wouldn't be able to reload, but I have no checked for myself you to see if it is true. #22 As long as your kill count still shows 0 you're good, like #19 said it only counts if you execute them.
  • @#19 for Ending B Truth and Justice you either have to do both bad choices (B button) and then spare her at the end. Purposely being vague not to be an ass. But like you said, if you make the good choices and kill a certain amount of enemies (think it's quite high) you will still get Ending B. But yeah, you CAN get Ending B with this achievement. Just make B choices and spare her at the end.
  • Actually, really simple. You'll get through the game more quickly and boss battles don't count.
  • lol its so annoying i got hard puzzle,hard difficulty right off the bat but at the damn end of my first playthrough i kill a damn prison minion at the wheelchair boss fight. god dammit >.< he kept getting up and pushing me into the blood shooting guy. i is mad no none kill cheevo.
  • it saves each kill by the way
  • It was hard at the beginning but finally got it! With this one you can get to the end of the game a lot faster!
  • Made a blogg of getting this achivement http://devourerofworlds.blo.gg/silenthilldownpour/?tmp=317740
  • if you guys think this achievement is hard, you guys are bad
  • dose doing the bank side quest cancel this?

Game navigation