Love/Hate Relationship Achievement in Saints Row: The Third

• Love/Hate Relationship

Taunt AND/OR Compliment 50 gang members.

• How to unlock Love/Hate Relationship

To taunt or compliment, push or respectively. You can taunt your own gang members, but it will only count towards the achievement not the challenge. You can go into the Saint's HQ, taunt everyone, go upstairs to the bar area and head back downstairs so everyone is different. You cannot repeatedly taunt the same gang members so you need to keep finding different ones.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • Taunt 50 and compliment 50, or just compliment 50? This achievement description makes little sense.
  • I think it is a combined amount.
  • @1 It clearly says AND/OR, meaning it can be one or the other, as opposed to having to do both.
  • @3 - I know. Did you read? Taunt 50 AND Compliment 50, or Taunt 50 OR Compliment 50. Do you see where it goes wrong. Do 100 combined gestures or do 50 of one gesture, is how the description seems. It should read Taunt OR Compliment 50 gang members, or Compliment 50 of your own gang members OR Taunt 50 rival gang members.
  • "Do you see where it goes wrong"*?*
  • AND/OR pretty much implies that you can do either, you just have to reach a combined total of 50 "gestures" to gang members, not 50 of each.
  • lol compliment
  • i remember the same cheevo in SR2 where it was a hidden one for only 5 gamerscore... pretty chill though as i had 4-5 gang members chasing me and when they lost me i turned back and showed them my balls again so they chased me over and over again
  • This achievement is very frustrating, on different levels. Do the gang members have to be different each time, or can you just repeat complimenting/taunting to the same character? Don't feel like seeking out fifty different gangmembers.
  • just go to one of your homes and compliment all the members in the house. you get 10 complements easy every time
  • TAUNT!
  • Compiment is the logical thing to do, as for one of the challenges out of the 40 or 41, Olav requests that you COMPLIMENT 50 people. Thus, just knock two birds out with one stone and get em out of the way.
  • I cannot complete the challenge where you have to taunt 50 gang members as I have 100% control of the city which means there is no gang member walking the streets, the only time I see them is when random survival calls are made but I cannot taunt them there because I have notoriety. I have even kept a few alive at the end to try and folllow me to my properties to wipe notoriety and then taunt them. Is there any actual way for me to complete this challenge?????
  • i did the 50 compliement and i never got the achivement whats the deal and i did way over the limit of 50 plus of a combo of doing both taunting and complimenting please help me out here or send me a messege at my gamertag- Br0ck 5ampson
  • @4: Did YOU read?! It says "Taunt AND/OR Compliment 50", not "Taunt 50 AND/OR Compliment 50". I do see where it goes wrong: it goes wrong when you're not properly reading what is written in the description. You probably didn't understand Dex's objections to people saying "The Los Carnales" in the first game, either.
  • #14 try restart ur xbox and the logging back on, ive encountered some parts of the game where i didnt get the achievements for challenges and by restarting the xbox and playing again it worked and gave me the achievements once i logged back in
  • ATTENTION #13(and others with this problem)!!!! I've found a way to get gang taunts after gaining 100% control of the city. You still must be able to receive phone calls for survival missions (Still not sure if they stop at any point). Wander about until you receive a gang survival mission, go to the location, and gain however much notoriety you think you can sustain (I usually go for 2-3) and then run to the nearest place you own (anything you can walk in to to remove notoriety). Bait one of the gang members near the entrance so as soon as you cross the line inside you can get to them before they walk/drive away. That can be frustarting at times, but once you get one taunt and gain more notoriety, grab the guy you taunted and immediately snap his neck(R3), which will get you back to two
  • Im taunting and complimenting at gang members and there not counting towards the Challenge, i also had this problem on SR2, add me if you have a solution?
  • Do u have to taunt or compliment ur own gang members or rival gang members??
  • I`ve taunted 50 enemy gang members, took a while but eventually did it, how ever no achievement. I think you need to do 50 taunts and compliments, well find out when i do 50 compliments. I think you do have to compliment your own gang members.
  • I got the achievement today/yesterday... the achievement is for a mixture of both. When I realized that every time you taunt an enemy gang member they open fire on you, it was much easier to complete this achievement by complimenting the gang bangers. I believe that the gang member has to give you a positive compliment back and you will get eventually get the achievement. A progress bar comes up each 10 you do... so should be pretty easy to tell how close you are getting.
  • you have to complement AND taunt 50 gangers for the challenges so don't worry do both.
  • there's another way to get gang taunts after gaining 100% control of the city. Go to the main manu, quick match in coop campainge, u will join other players game, if they r not 100% controll the city, u can find the gang member u need. just make sure one thing, the other players should not use cheat mode, because once u save ur game and rewrite ur game file, u will never get any achivement. I hope this tip can help.
  • you can get this achievement three ways taunting 50 enemy gang members, complimenting 50 gang members, or any combination of taunt/complimenting that = 50. people really need to get educated now-a-days. and the taunts/compliments have to be to enemy gang members.@12 there is Oleg's challenge for giving 50 compliments but there is also a challenge for taunting 50 gang members from Pierce
  • This is a bit annoying but I would suggest you try and do this before taking 100% of Steelport. But if you decide to rush through the game as I did it is still possible to do the taunts via the “Traffic-ing” method mentioned previously. To get this achievement (and not the challenge one) simply go to a crib and compliment your gang but if you want to 1000g it. I would just taunt other gang members.
  • a lot of you are retarded. who cares what it means, either way you gotta do both 50 times if you want all the achieveos
  • The achievement isn't actually described like that on Xbox. It is: Love/Hate Relationship Taunted/Complimented 50 gang members, are you a fighter or a lover?
  • WHO THE FUCK CARES, why do u dumb shits keep putting your own two cents in? if you all want all the achiecos anyways, you have to do both. and cant you fuckin morons figure it out on your own seeing as when you taunt someone a completion bar shows up and when yuou compliment someone another one shows up? hmmmmmm that means DO BOTH 50 TIMES EACH!
  • I haven't tried this method yet but i think it should work.. If you have 100% and struggle to find gang members go to a store you own and put in the cheat for instant full gang notoriety. As soon as they arrive jump in the store to lose the notoriety then jump back out quickly and taunt the gang members before they drive off. Then keep repeating this til you get the cheevo.
  • Btw i think the code for that cheat is "lolz"
  • @29 If you enter any cheat it will block achievements, so your method won't work. That's the downside to cheating, the only way to get it would be to tuff it out without them.
  • This is pretty easy as "nmehka" said, just go to your house and compliment your own gang! I can confirm I just tried it and it works. Note: The purple bar next to your health displays after every 10 gang members you compliment, so don't worry if you don't see it, you will eventually. Also note that if you find the purple bar not going up, leave your crib and come back so that it spawns new gang members, as I don't think you can compliment the same gang member twice!
  • I've taunted atleast 50 enemy gang members by now as it's stuck on 49/50. I have 100%, it woks after the survival missions but it waon't give me the 50 taunts :s anyone got any ideas what I can do??? Thanks.
  • just taunt gang members in your crib. it took me a while to get it but i was taunting in the crib when it popped up
  • i did compaments because the other gangs shoot you if u taunt
  • can it be same person
  • Nomatter how many gang members, Saints or Syndicate, that I taunt, my meter on Pierce's challenge still says 5/50.
  • Hey I beat the game 100% and need someone who hasn't to get this message me on Xbox live at Disabled Bacon if you would let me. 30/Dec/2011 P.S Disabled is my clan message me if you want to join.
  • yeh ive 100 % it so i also need help so please add me and i will be happy to help with any activities
  • I think this achievement is glitched and in need of an update. A quick search on Google shows that they did an update for the PC version that addressed this particular achievement and some other issues. That being said, I have gone way over the 50 compliments and it hasn't popped. I have taunted tons, yet the in-game goal only has counted 1 taunt.
  • Annoying... I got the Oleg challenge for Complimenting 50 gang members but not achievement pop. Now I've 100% the game so can't find any enemy gang members. Do they disappear once you've taken over Stillwater?
  • Ha! I just got it by Taunting a load of Deckers during a Firefight -P
  • My second to last achievement to get and whenever i compliment one of the saints the count for it doesnt go up has my game glitched or am i doing something wrong?
  • Different peeps each time?
  • Well, this must be glitched, becuase taunting my gang members did not work for me at all. The way I got it after 100% was in a survival mission against the Luchiwhores, it didn't matter for me that they were shooting me while I taunted them, it just racked the taunts up and it popped.
  • You need to taunt AND compliment 50 gang members. i.e compliment 50 then taunt 50. learned the hard way ;p
  • Be sure to do this before you finish the story mode because after it is almost impossible to find enemys to taunt but you could start a new game but then you wouldn't get the attachment for completing all challenges.
  • my achievement is glitched. I have completed both of the Taunts/Compliments challenges, yet the achievement never popped up. someone earlier said to logout and restart the xbox, but that hasn't worked. is there something else i can do? otherwise , i'm just going to start a new game just to give gang members the finger.
  • You can't get this if you 100% the game because there won't be any gang enemies spawned, only cops. I learned this the hard way.
  • OK people, this is how it works. If you want to Taunt for this achievement, then ONLY do taunt. Because as soon as you Compliment another different gang member then you have to do both 50 taunts and 50 compliments. Get it!!! So if you wanna taunt, then just taunt 50 different gang members (including yours) and if you wanna compliment then Just compliment only. As soon as you taunt and compliment, then you're screwed!!! (I am not considering oleg challenges here)
  • this one is just a pain i havent been able to get it for any saints row
  • People don't seem to understand that the way to obtain this Achievement can be much different from person to person. I just got it by complimenting/taunting for a total of 50 different instances. note I said instances, because taunting two enemies at once only counts for one taunt towards the Achievement. Just wait until you get a Survival phone call and do it then (better if you have invincibility to bullets). Oh, and it seems everybody forgot that Zombies count as a gang in the game's code. You should be able to taunt them and it will count, unless they specifically blocked this from working (which I doubt they did; this game is sloppily made all-around).
  • its not that hard everyone is jsut over thinking it. but it is alot easierto do before 100 percent
  • if your at 100% and need this its best done in or after surviaul and have all the health and damaage upgrades so you cant die and you can just keep taunting till you beat it.
  • You can get this achievement by complimenting and taunting your own gang members in your crib. There isn't a set number you need to do of either--I did about 15 taunts, the rest were compliments. :)
  • Based on the comments above, I should be a little more clear-- you can still get this at 100%--just use your own gang members. You don't need to taunt 50, then compliment 50. A combination of both will suffice.
  • when I try to do it on my own gang members they dont react, so how do I know it worked?
  • Still think its bug after all this time, because taunting / complimenting gang members, does not increase the challenge meter .. I have 2/50 taunts and 30/50 compliments, even though I have done a lot more than that. I feel like it cant be done to random gang members and must only be done during a mission or wave format game play instance.
  • Is there a way to change your taunt/compliment? Like with Gang Customization. The Michael Jackson dance is kinda bugging me now. And I want a shorter one.
  • I ended up getting this one when ever I got a phone call for a survival. Easy to do when ur health is maxed out.
  • I'm not convinced taunting your own gang works, but complimenting them does get counted, so do that. But, you can't just "go upstairs" and down again, they don't refresh - you have to go out to the helipad and back inside to make your gang refresh. If you're going for all challenges you'll need to be invincible to taunt other gangs (or make sure you save after each taunt before dying because I think the count is reset to the amount you had from your last save if you're killed). ...Not that I recommend going for 100% - the clunky controls and awful gameplay made me livid! 5/10.

Game navigation