Gold Rush Achievement in Need for Speed: The Run

• Gold Rush

Earn a gold medal or better for each event in the “Coastal Rush” Challenge Series

• How to unlock Gold Rush

This requires skill. Aside from that, using these vehicles will give you the best chance of winning gold (or better):

• What a Rush: VW Scirocco R
    • Urban Muscle: Ford Mustang Boss 302
    • The Pretenders: VW Scirocco R
    • Time Hunter: Camaro SS Hunter
    • Midnight Rush: Aston Martin One-77

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • time hunter is a pain in the arse on the level. enjoy THE RUN
  • time hunter is a pos! who makes a game this way seriously!?
  • for time hunter what i did was stay to the left until there is no barrier then ride the middle if you hit anything reset. i had to do this race for hours stumped how i couldnt get a 213 when someone i know got a 207
  • my time on this is 2.04, i have platinum medal :L
  • 2:04? Where's the shortcut because I can't find it.
  • Yeah I agree with you guys saying this is hard. But, if you think this is the hardest, just wait until you get to "Live free or Drive Hard".
  • any tips on how this can be done, driving me insane!
  • I had a hard time with this one as well, took me hours! My tip is to use bumper cam. For some reason I find it much easier to avoid hitting other vehicles this way. Hit reset anytime you crash hard into a vehicle, and try not to rub against the wall too much as it slows you down.
  • Going off of what #3 said, I did mine a little different. I did stay on the left for a bit, but for the most part, just pay attention to the road a little ways ahead of you, and try to pick a lane thats mostly empty. I know that sounds obvious, but its harder than it seems, to have to pay attention to the road ahead of you, and make sure you're being attentive to your current position. And boost as much as possible, which may involve a little weaving through traffic. I got 2:06.36 that way
  • anyone now a nos cheat i now there is one but its finding one tht works tht is going to be a problem no matter how hard i drive or fast the cops keep taking me of the tracks anything i do doesnt seem to work lol i be happy for others to get me plats
  • i used the bumper cam and then stayed on the left as much as possible during the run. you can actually cut through the grass on the right a bit at the first big left curve. i did that on accident and got a 2:10.5 without using a ton of boost. dont think im going to try for platinum though
  • Ridiculous. Congrats to the dumbass who set these times, it's against any logic of challenge or fun, it's just frustration. NFS the Run? On to the Gamestop! Bye bye. A great game ruined by the very poor controls of the cars and these pseudo-challenge.
  • It wasn't too bad for me, I had to do 2 of them more than once, including 'Time Hunter' Basically I'd say the best method is to use the bumper cam (which I use anyway), as somebody above said. I tried it about 5 times getting a 2:13:57 and 2:13:70 and then retried again the next day, and got 2:08 and a platinum. I got the achievement, but weirdly when I did there was no red smoke/finish line and on my SpeedWall it hasnt got my updated time, but still shows platinum ha maybe because I used 3 resets?

Game navigation