Win at Winning Achievement in Need for Speed: The Run

• Win at Winning

Play through The Run on Extreme Difficulty

• How to unlock Win at Winning

Extreme is not available from the beginning. You must complete the game on any difficulty setting to unlock it. You can then either replay the whole story on extreme or go to Stage Select within the The Run menu and select Stage 10. Play through this on whatever difficulty until you get to the last race. Now pause the game and select gameplay settings and change the difficulty to Extreme. This will restart the race. Complete the race and this unlocks.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • only charlie can win at winning :P still, I'm going to begin on extreme since i like to challenge myself (:
  • what is the difference in difficulties for racing games? just better AI?
  • Why is this worth less GS than the non difficulty-specific achievement?
  • @2 Maybe implemented "comeback AI"
  • i had a feeling this would be an achievement from playing the demo....
  • This can be cool for complete xD...
  • #3 Beat the game on normal you earn 50G, beat it on extreme you earn 80G.
  • #7 no you earn 30GS gor beating it on extreme.
  • #8 you earn 80g on extreme when you will choose it at beginning
  • #9 I know, but I think the point of #3 was to differ between the 2 achievements. And #7's statement reads like you get 80GS for just beating extreme difficulty. Just wanted to make this clear to avoid confusion.
  • @2 Well this need for speed has an engine (game not the cars) that is more similar towards forza. (try the demo you'll see) So I think the automatic help and support that the engine can give (like steering, spinning out etc) can be made more difficult as well!
  • #10 And the point of mine was to show if you start on Extreme you get more GS.
  • #2,#3 Ah rubber banding, how i missed thee, oh right, no i didn't :/ It's quite easy to make the AI better when it can just go oh, your too far behind Mr AI 3, here let me place you just behind 3rd and give you a speed boost. Racing games do it all the time, its the cheap way of making the AI harder sadly. I was hoping this wouldn't have it, still have to wait and see but its not looking great.
  • This is giving me flashbacks to Hot Pursuit 2 on ps2 when I would be dominating a race only to watch the opponent AI on the mini-map jump incredibly long distances across the map in order to catch up with me. It was very disheartening to see the dots disappear from the map and reappear right behind me when i had worked so hard to build up a substantial lead.
  • @#7 Tromav and #9 Robs95 Berating someone and not knowing what you are talking about is not the brightest thing. You can not choose extreme difficulty at the beginning unless you have beaten the game on easy, normal or hard.
  • Hard isn't too hard, so who knows about extreme. I've only played through the first 3 stages so I haven't unlocked extreme yet. Since it's only 30g and the first play through is 50g, maybe it won't be that bad.
  • Extreme is solid i think but hey get there in the end :P
  • Extreme is literally impossible with the broken AI.
  • if you chose chapter 10 on easy then when your on the last race just change the difficult to extreme? as soon as he crahses you it pops up! easy!
  • @#19 You absolute hero!
  • I can't do it...!!!! I get to the last race for first place and the bloody 2nd train gets me every time..
  • #9 so you just do the whole race on easy and last race u change difficulty to extreme?
  • Edit* #19 so you just do the whole race on easy and last race u change difficulty to extreme? =)
  • Definitly pure luck.. The bridge is already hard enough.. If you crash, the game will make it so you can get across..then youre stuck with no more resets. Then theres the train tunnel. Wtf? A full tank of nitrous wont let you escape it. I cant even imagine how difficult the rest is. Any tips?
  • Yeah same here get to the train tunnel and cannot for the life of me get fast enough to beat the train wiv a full nitrous bar
  • GLAD ITS OVER THANK GO. #24 the bridge drive down the middle and make sure your second other wise you get pushed into the oncoming traffic. for the train tunnel i passed the first train, went into the other lane around the corner before i used nitrous (KEEP OFF THE WALLS YOU LOSE TO MUCH SPEED CLEAN RACE LINE)to get out of the train up my arse, works when you try it. GOOD LUCK TO ALL
  • Besides a few races, I went through it in a breeze.
  • Wow...just wow. Keep keep keep trying, you will get it. It is very hard but can be done!!
  • How to get the WIN AT WINNING achievement easily: 1. Play through The Run mode on any difficulty to unlock Extreme 2. Start new run on Extreme 3. Quit during the opening 4. Go to Stage Select and chose Stage 10 5. Check your Resets (should be 1 for Extreme) 6. Play through Stage 10 on Extreme to unlock the Win at Winning achievement
  • how the hell are you suppposed to get past the train. no matter how fast i go or if i have a full bar of nitrous, the train catches up to me and hits me every time
  • Extreme took around 3x longer to finish than on Normal. It is brutally hard. Well... sort of. The checkpoint missions are, but other than that its just the AI cheating. And those machine gun levels... I don't even wanna talk about it.
  • Machine gun was horrible. Checkpoint race in the snow was f*cked up. The train in the last race is hell, but I managed to complete this achievement!
  • I tried the second stage on hard over 100000 times... i didt handle this, yet -.-
  • Any tips on what car people used for this :)
  • use the porsche. Tried with the Pagani countless times, nailed it first try with the porsche.
  • Love having this one completed. Great challenge
  • Just completed this hell hole achievement.
  • If anyone is struggling on the train part then dont worry, it is the easiest part of the game. enter the tunnel and stay left just off the track. wait for the trains to go by and you have a clear path. this part is not timed so take as long as you want.
  • started extreme straight away boy was tht a mistake and a half iv been stuck on stage 6 for ages
  • #39 You obviously did not start extreme straight away considering you have to beat the game to unlock extreme.
  • The train part of this is only moderately difficult in my opinion. It is the part where you go through the warehouse yard with all of the freight and going through that whole maze. I crashed at least three times going through there. The freight boxes appear so fast I don't have time to react and I end up crashing. Grrrr!
  • Stage 10 is kid's play once you nail it.

Game navigation