Iron Will Achievement in NBA Jam

• Iron Will

Break the backboard in a Classic or Remix game with an alley oop!

• How to unlock Iron Will

The easiest way to do this is in the smash remix mode, make sure your drone teammate has the ball when you are about to break the back board and that you slam the ball in. Some people are having trouble unlocking this in Smash mode, but the Play Now method (See Clean Sheet) will work too, as long as you dunk as much as possible in the first half and keep going for the layup in the second.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • I have done it smash 3 times now and no achievement
  • Use a high Dunk ratio combo (like Shaq/Howard) against a team with a weak one (like the Golden State Warriors). 1. Be ahead in the score. It won't unlock otherwise. 2. Have at least 50 points. This seems to be the magic number in the score (for the backboard to break) 3. It has to be the 4th quarter. Won't happen earlier whatsoever, It takes time to weaken the rim and backboard. Dunk and alley oop the entire game, you won't see it but it will cause damage. 4th quarter always alley oop. If you can get your player on fire, it will help significantly. It has to be YOU to break the board, not your teammate. NOTE: I have seen the AI get this in 3rd and with under 50 points, but have never seen another player/human do this in less.
  • Edit: After playing the campaign various times through, I managed to break the backboard in the 3rd quarter with only 34 points. Dunk with every shot with your player (not the AI), and eventually it SOULD break. I was playing with the Heat using James(me)/Bosh with no problem.
  • i got the achievement in remix mode using the Orlando Majic. it took me three times because Shag would break the glass and I didnt know when it would break. all you got to do is alleyhoop and dunk for the first 3 quarters scoring about 50pts and do nothin but alleyoops in the 4th. I set the game to 5min quarter on easy. i wasnt even trying but i did scored 100pts and 30 assist in the game while shaq was the ai.
  • Got this achievement playing Remix 2v2. The P powerup helps a bunch. Keep dunking until the 4th quarter where you have your partner throw alley oops. I used Miami Lebron/Wade.
  • just got it with denver martin/anthony in the 4th qt, score was at 67 before the dunk and there was 3 seconds left on the clock. in classic campaign mode

Game navigation