Master and Commander Achievement in Mass Effect 3

• Master and Commander

Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets to the final conflict.

• How to unlock Master and Commander

For this you will need to have over 4000 "Effective Military Strength" before beginning the mission "Priority: Cerberus Headquarters." You will gain assets through playing the main story, doing side-quests and scanning systems to retrieve resources (see "Lost and Found").

It is possible to do this at 50% readiness (without playing online), but you have to be extremely thorough and it will require 8000+ Total Military Strength. On top of that, some assets won't be available depending on your choices from ME1/ME2 so you may have a game that you made some bad choices and can't get some larger bonuses which would require you to play the entire trilogy over. You need to play the MP anyway to get "Defender" so you really should invest a few hours into the MP to boost your Readiness.

To make the achievement much easier, simply play a few games online to increase your Readiness Rating. If you do not play online for a while, your readiness percentage will begin to decline. I would suggest doing the "Defender" achievement right before this one, that way you've got a full 100% readiness and will be plenty over the required amount.

To clarify, the bottom number in the image below (with the accompanying green bar) is the one you need to have above 4000. The Total Military Strength will get reduced by your Readiness Rating which will equal your Effective Military Strength (TMSxRR=EMS). If you complete the "Defender" achievement you will get 100% for the Readiness Rating which will give you full use of your Total Military Strength. It will equal your Effective Military Strength, which (assuming you have 4000+) will net you the achievement.

And again, you can not get the full 1000 Gamerscore without buying the Online Pass and playing the MP portion of the game ("Defender" achievement) so there is no need to kill yourself trying to find every possible War Asset available. Just play a few games online to get your Readiness up and get more use of your assets. 

Note: If you have downloaded the free Extended Cut DLC then the amount of Effective Military Strength you need will be cut to 3100, making this achievement much easier to get playing just the single player campaign.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • "most"... gotta love vauge achievements :S
  • What are Galaxy at War assets?
  • Hmmmm I think Galaxy at War assets are the species that agree to help you
  • Galaxy at War is the multiplayer.
  • No. It's a galactic readiness system which applies to both singleplayer and multiplayer. You don't need to play multi to get a maxed galaxy at war meter; it just helps.
  • I'm sure this has to due with readying different factions to fight in the "final climatic scene" of the game... ex. Doing quests for different species like the Krogan, Asari, Salarians, etc. doing so will help in the end. If anyone's played Dragon Age: Origins, think of the final battle against the dragon, if you helped different factions you could call them into battle, ex. If you persuaded the legion of dead's commander he would aid you further on...
  • I'm sure this is along the lines of the ME2 achievement where you had to do missions for loyalty, upgrading your ship and weapons to ensure everyone would survive the final battle of the game. Bioware also stated that you could avoid the MP (amen) and not have it affect the game then this should not be a MP achievement. As #5 stated it just helps, although I'm sure you can do SP stuff as well.
  • If the MP helps i'll do whatever it takes.
  • I'm hoping this 'most' isn't all that similar to Mass Effect 1's 'majority'.
  • #9 I think this achievement is an inclusive, as you have to get the species to fight along side of you anyway to beat the reapers. This is kind of like getting loyalty, you don't have to do it but you get a crappy ending if you don't.
  • I saw a vid on YouTube about galaxy exploration and he scan a planet and got a galaxy at war weapon which was a type of missile. So I think it's similar to upgrading the ship in me2.
  • Ideas of species that might fight on your side: Asari, Turians, Salarians, Krogan, Geth, Quarian, Rachni (If you save the Rachni Queen in ME1) but I doubt the Batarians will fight on our side since we killed 300,000 Batarians in Arrival.
  • This refers to the war assets you collect throughout the game. I've heard you need a score of at least 3750 to earn this, but I think a safer number would be 4000 since that's the minimum required for the best ending. Though I'm still not sure if this number is in reference to Total Military Strength or Effective Military Strength.
  • I completed the game with the green gauge filled all the way - maybe a millimeter of space left - and it didn't unlock.
  • @14 yea same here, maxed out and nothing left to do in the galaxy. Every quest done and still didnt pop
  • @14, @15 - you have to have the total amount high enough WITH the readiness rating multiplier... this achievement is based off the Effective Military Strength number on the bottom of the war assets map. to make the readiness rating go up you have to complete multiplayer missions. you can have the total military strength high as hell but if it is only 50% ready then your score is cut in half and that final percentage (which will be shown as the effective military strength) is what the game bases your ending/achievement on... for this achievement your final score AFTER the readiness multiplier will have to be 4000. so basically go through the single player until you are a few missions from completion, and then go to galaxy at war and complete those sections of the galaxy until you read
  • (cont.)until your readiness multiplier in single player is good enough for a total of 4000 points. it's very lame that they did it that way but i hope this info helps. sry for walloftext lulz.
  • @Above I'm sure there's a way around this. Why would Bioware offer us choices for SP and MP Achievements just to screw over those who don't have or don't want to play multiplayer? Doesn't make sense.
  • ahhh i see, just wish i knew that before beating it lol
  • The wording is very misleading then, as it only asks that you deliver "most of the war assets", so you'd expect the green bar that fills up as you collect war assets to be your gauge for success. Still, I'm now at 100% completion in Galaxy at War, and the post-game save puts you right before the final battle stuff begins. Wonder if replaying the end game now will make it pop?
  • What a crock of shit, fuck you EA and Bioware for putting this shit mode into a single player game! We were told that our game wouldn't be affected by choosing not to play MP, but now I'm reading that if we don't play MP we will get a different ending, and it obviously affects achievements.
  • I think they are talking about scanning the planets and finding most of the items in each area. When you scan a planet or system you find resourses, often times it indicates it's a War assets. It's different items that you locate but they all say war asset.
  • @21 Hate to burst your bubble but I've managed to play through and beat the game without doing this and with doing this. The endings as far as I can tell are identical. I guess all this does is give you an achievement.
  • I'm at 100% now, I have the DEFENDER achievement but not this one cause I'm still far away from the end. I've noticed your READINESS drops down all the way back to 50% if you don't keep them up am I right!? If yes, this sucks and you have to play MP again once you are close to the end.
  • I'm not sure I understand - when exactly does this pop? I have over 7000 readiness but I'm not sure if I should try to finish the game yet because of some of the comments I've read about it not popping for people. Do you really need to get the 100% in all sections as well?
  • Just confirmed it. Your percentage drops down by 2% every 12h IF YOU DON'T PLAY ANY MP and only SP.
  • you get this ach right as you hit A to land on the assault cerberus base mission. you cannot get this without playing multiplayer. your effective military score has to be 4000+, and you'll never get there with SP-only even if you start with every import advantage and do every single sidequest and planet scan and every max-military-bonus decision. you'll still come up ~500 short, which can only be gained by increasing theater of war readiness in MP. #18 mentions "why would they do that if they give us ways around other MP achievements" - the 'defender' ach is definitely MP-only (just doesn't mention it in its description), so they didn't cover everything
  • @26 I don't know if that is completely true. Mine has been at 53% for two days and I haven't touched the multiplayer since the day it came out.
  • @27 Bioware has already confirmed that there ARE enough war assets in the game in order to reach 4000+ Effective military score even with only 50% readiness. You are clearly just making stuff up. First off, even the official strategy guide doesn't list the max-military bonuses...so I highly doubt YOU know every optimal choice in the game. Secondly, I personally have 3536 EMS...and I KNOW I screwed up a couple side quests and I COULD have gotten more Salarian support if I had made different decisions in the game. Sure, you might have to make an unethical decision or two in order to muster up the largest fleet you can....but it IS possible to reach the 4000+ goal in SP only. Just probably not feasible in most people's "ideal" playthrough.
  • Counted the number of mistakes in my war assets. Currently, I'm at 3536 Effective Military Strength, with a 50% Readiness Rating. There are 10 NEGATIVE entries in my war assets, several having to do with a certain loyalty mission decision from ME2. I also only recieved 25 points for the minerals I carried over from ME2 as I only mined what I needed. Nevermind any entries I may have missed entirely by playing mr. nice negotiator instead of saying screw nice and gathering all the forces I could find. Needless to say....if done properly, you CAN get this achievement (and therefore, the "optimal" ending) without using MP to raise your readiness rating. It just takes some finesse. You need to know the right decisions in every instance, some of which aren't exactly paragon. Besides...the
  • ...Besides, the optimal ending SHOULDN'T be easy to obtain. And its not, unless you use MP.
  • alright what #27 said is accurate. I have noticed a drop in Theater of War after a while if you don't play MP but this achievement is actually really easy as long as you do a decent amount of sidequests and play a couple multiplayer matches. I got my Theater of War up to 70% and then just did some side missions and ended up with about 5000+ points by the time i attacked Cerberus.
  • @29, #27 isn't far off although you are %100 right. it is very possible to do it without touching any MP but it is a hell of alot easier if you play some
  • This achievement unlocks when you start the mission after Priority: Horizon. Hackett will pretty much tell you that this is the point of no return.
  • After beating the game on Insanity with a Total Military Strength of 6795 and not unlocking this one I tried increasing my Readiness Rating through MP. I brought it up from 56% to 73%. This made my Effective Military Strength go up to 4960 and after talking to Adm. Hackett and telling him to send the fleets to the Cerberus stronghold it unlocked for me.
  • Everyone who still thinks that the multiplayer is stupid obviously hasnt played it yet. And it really does fit into the game perfectly, cause while shepard is out and about doing his thing, these teams are at these locations fighting 24/7 to keep them secure.
  • So it sounds like I should do as much as I can in SP before the final mission, then play MP until I get 100% in all sectors, then start the final mission? I'm only about 1/4 through the story and I've already got over 2,000 EMS.
  • I have Prima's collector's edition guide and it talks about the readiness rating and has some interesting remarks. "Readiness Rating determines the Effective Military Strength of all War Assets. The lowest it can be is 50 percent. A good method of raising this rating is through multiplayer, and BioWare will be providing additional methods to increase readiness outside of the game. However, even at the lowest percentage possible, all endings are within reach if you do what you can to bring as many War Assets to the final battle. Even players without access to online multiplayer are capable of getting the best endings. After beating the game once, starting a New Game Plus opens up new possibilities." So I am curious what they mean with Bioware will offer additional methods, an
  • @38 there's a phone game and a couple of other methods of getting extra war assets too. I think that's what they're talking about.
  • Okay im just before the final attack on Cerberus and i have a full green bar of war assets 100% on all galaxies and have done all side missions including the DLC. am i required to play MP to get this achievement because i want that 50 GS.
  • I haven't played multiplayer yet and i'm probably not even 1/4 of the way through sp but i just wanted some confirmation: If i get to the last mission and am just short of the 4000 effective military strength can i raise that number by raising the galactic readiness % through mp? I think someone here said something like that but i was just hoping for a direct yes :)
  • God I HATE that this website lets people comment on Achievements before the game even comes out. I try to use this to understand and use as a guide for achievements and when you have to go through 50 posts of people 'guessing' what an achievement means it's horrible. (Not saying it was like this for this achievement but the Skyrim achievements are sometimes like that.) Anyway I've looked at this a few different ways. It could mean Deliver most of the Galaxy at War assets as in the MP. Not so much the 'readiness' of the Galaxy on MP but importing most of the Multiplayer classes. This doesn't fit though since BioWare stated all achievements could be done offline and without MP and it seems every achievement has a qualifier on Single Player as well as MP if not combined. So it could
  • Well my comment just cut off. If you aren't sure if you have the required amount, just save your game before going after Cerberus base. It'll give the achievement instantly if you have it. (Get your military strength and military effectiveness over 4,000. That's allegedly the key figure)
  • @12, not true. pretty much everyone will help you, with the right persuasion. even if you did kill almost all their entire species.
  • all you have to do is collect every asset, but still, some decisions screw you out of the best ending even like that, so playing a handful of multiplayer to get your rating to 60-65 percent is good. I myself have it at 100 percent. it only drops 1 percent per day, so i wont have to do as much.
  • Can this be done after you complete the campaign? but on same save. For example when i completed the game it sends you back just before 'said' mission (no spoilers) so i could mop up any sidequests i have not done. All i wanna know is when i make the final assault again will the achievement pop up? Or will i have to redo the whole campaign again? Thanks :)
  • @46, You can do it after completing the campaign. Just go to every reaper controlled zone and find every resource. Some then need to be delivered to the citadel. Theres also stuff to buy in the citadel that helps you. If you do all this and get your readiness in multiplayer in the 95% range, your readiness will be a little over 5000 which will get you the achievement and the "perfect" ending. I did it today and it took about 2 hours (not counting the final missions)
  • So there is some solid data: Achievement popped for me first time: total assets = 7105 (I did ALL major/minor missions, mostly paragon) 99% readiness effective military strength = 7033 So if your number is 7033 or higher you can be assured that you have delivered "most" the assets to the final conflict. By the Way... **Spoiler** ***Spoiler*** The achievement popped for me before the assault on the Illusive Man's base. At the time I am writing this I believe this to be the mission BEFORE the final mission.
  • That's so unfair that you need to play multiplayer to unlock an achievement for the singleplayer, why give choices for the others but stonewall us with this ? Not everyone likes multiplayer or even plays online.
  • @49, I think you should read the comments above...........bc as its been stated several times, you DO NOT need to play mp to unlock this.
  • @50 I read all the comments and they didn't change the fact that the achievement wouldn't unlock for me, I done every single thing in SP and never got it. But after a couple MP games it unlocked.
  • You HAVE to play muliplayer for this to happen. At the main menu you will notice it says 50% readiness in all zones. To make them higher you must play multiplayer and level up
  • You DONT have to play multiplayer, its easier if you do, but if you weren't an idiot in me2 and then are very diplomatic in 3 it still very easy to get.
  • THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED
  • I can confirm you need at least 4000 points, in real assets (total assests * readiness) I got all side missions and play 3 rounds in multiplayer so my real assets were around 4200 ... the chievo pop as soon as I enter ** base
  • Does anyone want to play co op to boost this. Gtag cpyfer31 message me if u wanna boost
  • Got this with 77% readiness rating. Didn't play much of the multiplayer, but still got it.
  • Not difficult at all. #53 and #55 are pretty dead on. I played 3 rounds of mp and had 63% readiness. I completed all side missions, high renegade from me2 and 50/50 renegade/paragon in me3 and this unlocked right away when u tell Hackett to attack. Good luck!
  • #21. It doesn't affect the gameplay. Just the achievements. Bioware assumed that people would care more about an awesome game than about achievements.
  • @#38 - People still buy guides? You have the internet, don't you?
  • You cannot get all acheivements in singleplayer. Defender is a multiplayer only achievement and Master and Commander cannot be achieved WITHOUT multiplayer or there are games on facebook/iOS devices (Datapad and Infiltrator) that will raise your GALACTIC READINESS %. Anyone saying they have gotten this achievement by only playing single player is a LIAR, if you would like to list all your assets to prove me wrong be my guest but i have looked into all possible outcomes from ME1,2,and 3 and with the single player galactic readiness rating of 50% the best you can get is ~3750 for your Effective Military Strength. This is with all DLC included and the best possible choices which net the highest amount of assets. For this achievement your Effective Military Strength must be at 4000 or higher w
  • when you decide to attack the Cerberus Base that the Illusive man is hiding out in. If your Effective Military Strength is below 4000, either play multiplayer or the games for iOS devices to raise your Galatic Readiness % to surpass the 4000 mark. GOOD LUCK and I hope that helps.
  • One round of MP on unknown location will net you 3% GRR on Bronze and it increases from there by difficulty. Make sure you ALWAYS play in matches that are set to unknown location, as this will provide the galaxy wide buff rather than a zone specific buff.
  • #36, while you obviously like multiplayer and I cannot say as to whether or not I would, I, and I am sure many others have one problem. See, I went to my parents house this spring break and they have shit all for internet. Basically, they have verizon service for rural areas with a 3 gig data cap...so I was playing this game with the assumption that you DON'T need to play multiplayer to get all achievements. Seriously, devs, quit with the fucking MP chievos, and stop FORCING me to play for 100% completion. Remember they days of Sega Genesis and XBox where 100% completion was not an achievement and had NOTHING to do with multiplayer? Where the fuck has that idea gone? Bastards!! From now on, I'm gameflying EVERY friggin' game that lists multiplayer!! Even if it is good. It should be MY deci
  • What do I need to do if I got my galactic readiness to 100% after I attacked Cerberus? I'm in London now?? Do I need to replay or will it pop at the end of the game?
  • Make sure you have every planet scanned
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc7CHMFYtRQ
  • Love how I'm still at the quarian part and I already have over 5000 EMS XD
  • Does any one know if promoting your MP character adds to you war assets. I promoted mine and I don't know where he went.
  • I have a score of something like 5950 with not doing any multiplayer and this achievement did not unlock. Bioware may have said all endings are possible in singleplayer but apparently they screwed players on the achievements. This is very unfair sine I have 100% on ME1 & ME2 but won't be able to get it here.
  • I have a side quest to rescue some Elcor off of their homeworld of Dekunna. I have no idea where the hell Dekunna is. I also have been to every system on the galaxy map and have 100% explored on each. I am about to assault Illusive Man and Cerberus. My war assets are currently at about 7400 and readiness at 100%. Probably doesn't matter if I do this sidequest or not, but I am a completionist and would like to knock out this side quest. Any help on what system Dekunna is in would be much appreciated. Also, thanks for all the info on getting the best possible ending.
  • http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Galaxy_Map Happy hunting...
  • 71, I had explored everywhere 100% as well. You already have what the Elcor wants just go back and talk to him again.
  • You need 4,000 EMS. I just had something like 4,132 and I got it.
  • I got it at 3975. Nice try with the 4000 guesses though.
  • It's totally hilarious reading all the "I don't want to play multiplayer" butthurt comments. You paid £40 for a game and you're only playing half of it! You may want to sit alone in the dark and play by yourself but it is unfair to deprive others of rewards for doing things online which are also difficult. If I complete gold challenges I want points for it, if you don't play them you simply don't get points.
  • I just downloaded the iPhone app "ME3 Datapad" which was free pr $.99 and within a week of playing had all Theaters of War at 100% without touching multiplayer.
  • update (since I can't edit my comment) My overall strength rating is at 6,500 and I am about to assault the Illusive Man's base!
  • On my third play though, first was import from me2, second was a replay with the same import in trying to get up to 60 and because i had awesome weapons at that point. This time i'm playing on a new set as female shepard. I noticed that the game has brought my war assets over from the second play through, i had just got to 3000 at the end of the last game. I'm curious now if I'll still gain assets and be able to break the 4000 mark, of it it'll just keep all the one i have and no more will be added. Also, not everyone bought this game new(mistake) i got it used, which meant no insert which means no mp(unless i buy the 800 ms points needed to dl it) Just like assassins creed revalations, but atleast they offered the free trial so you could get a feel for it. here's to hoping this play throu
  • ough reaches 40000.
  • here's an update, i seems i simply can't complete some of the side missions. Example when u go to the ishmar frontier to find the prototype componets, they aren't there.
  • This achievement must need more than just your war assets that you get in single player. I'm pretty sure that I got most of them seeing as my effective military strength was at 6988 when I made the final assault and didn't get this achievement. My readiness level was only at 54%. So either it's glitched or there is more to it. Maybe Ill ramp up my readiness level and play from my last save point before the final assault.
  • I know there is more to this achievement -_- I had EVERY SINGLE ASSET aswell as the Turian,Krogan,Salarians,Asari,Geth,AND Quarian fleets STILL didnt get this achievement so it must have to do with Galaxy at War my rating was only 53%
  • #83 I just got this achievement tonight, but I know for a fact that if I hadn't played loads of multiplayer I wouldn't have it. (I raised it to 100% without even realizing how much time had passed D;) Luckily multiplayer is fun and raising your readiness level doesn't really seem like too much of a chore :) But your level drops every day you don't play multiplayer so remember that too!
  • Ok, so I just finished and during the game I gathered pretty much all assets and rallied everyone except the salarians to the cause. Still - my galactic readiness never went above 50% in any theater and this achievement didn't pop. What gives? Is it somehow linked to the amount of time you spend goofing around or something?
  • Max all of your assets. I used a ME1 import with Wrex and the council saved. I saved quarians and geth and cured the genophage. Once I max that I got 100% in Galactic Readiness. That maxed me at well over 7000 war assets so when I invaved Earth I got the achievement.
  • Did anyone happen to mention the "final assault" they had in mind was assaulting Cerberus Headquarters, and NOT London?
  • I had 3638 EMS and 50% readiness when this popped for me going on with the cerberus attack. All sidequests and missions done, all planets scanned.
  • Isn't as difficult as I imagined
  • Even if you do damn near everything if you 100% this game you have to play online to get the Defender Achievement. I screwed up I rushed the game and ended up with roughly 2,700 EMS with the Galaxy of War at 100%. I did however get the Defender achievement. But now I have to start a new playthrough ugh.. because I was at the point of no - return. But even then I shouldn't have to play much online. Since on my Insanity run I'll do more side missions... Sorry had to vent as I stay up all night and I kind of fucked up. Lol
  • Pretty sure you have to play the mp to get this achievement. I did all the side quest, scanned all the planets and found all the available war assets and only hady EMS at 54%. I started playing the mp and have gotten my EMS up to 89%. Gonna make sure I hit 100% and the launch the final assault. One of my friends said he got this achievement after doing so. He had originally beaten the game with only 50% EMS and didn't get the achievement, started playing mp, got it up to 100%, replayed the last mission and got the achievement. Makes sence to me...
  • Just completed the game with 100% readiness and 7025 EMS and the achievement didn't unlock. I also didn't get the scene where Shepard wakes up even though I picked destroy.
  • @92 same thing happens to me, does anyone know if there is a bug or something?
  • This is such bullshit! I got my ME3 game used so it didn't have any multiplayer code. And now I find out I can't get achievements because of that?! That's just annoying! Screw you EA!!!
  • Doesn't have to do with read lines has to do with th e collectbles from scanning planets get the universes to 100% found
  • @xtwainx13, not quite. I think its a combination of system% and EMS. I had every system at 100%, every collectibe and sidemission done, loads of little extra assets from importing a ME1-ME2 character, but with Readiness at 50%, my EMS was about 3700, and it didn't unlock. However: After downloading the free Extended Cut DLC, I reloaded this same save (with 3700 EMS), and now it DID unlock as soon as I initiated the Cerberus Base attack. Also gave me the breathing Shepard vid after the Destroy ending. Weird : Did Bioware lower the EMS treshhold with this DLC, or have a bug fixed?
  • Same here I got it after downloading the EC DLC and launching one of my saves.
  • They lowered it with this DLC. 3100 is all that is needed now for the achievement to pop now.
  • i got this after priority:rannoch by having aroud 4500 total military strength, 65% galactic rediness and around 3500 ems don't remember extact numbers
  • unlocked this at the end of rannoch have readiness rating of 88% and ems of 4994
  • Downloaded the DLC and this popped after Rannoch. TMS at 6137 EMS at 3068 and readiness rating only at 50%.
  • I got this after rannoch with "zero" multiplayer (%50 galaxy readyness)..but of course it's a mass 1->2->3 imported character..
  • Shouldn't be a problem, I'm working on a 100% play through now.
  • I finished the game and had about 6000 Effective Military with 90% readiness and it didn't pop. Can't really see what I did wrong?
  • Just completed this achievement and don't have access to multiplayer so I can confirm it can be done without it. On single player "War Assets" refer to the different things you aquire via scanning planets throughout the systems as well as talking to people throughout the Citedel and completing missions. On the play through in which I unlocked it, it was just as I got back on the Normandy from the Citedel after speaking with the Asari counselor to unlock the "Priority Thessia" mission. I had 100% war assets from most systems including all assets asked for via people on the Citadel with all but one being returned for credit just prior to talking with the counselor. The systems I didn't have 100% assets from (3 or 4 of them)were all over 70% (they were ones where I found them on the scan
  • cont. ner but had to elude the reapers so I couldn't collect them). As soon as I went to speak with Admiral Hacket on Vidcom the achievement popped. For record my stats were. Total Military Strength: 7315 Readiness Rating: 50% Effective Military Strength: 3657 My game does have the "Extended Cut" DLC installed so the number of 100% systems is probably higher without it. Also its a long services play through with all downloadable content for all three games. I believe the key to this is for the "chances of success" to be "Even" when you check your assets. Even Hacket sounds a lot more optimistic after the achievement is reached.
  • Surprised to get this achievement just now, with 5258 TMS, 50% readiness, 2629 EMS... received it while talking to Hackett after Rannoch. I imported 1>2>3 character, and only have the multiplayer extras installed... :X
  • I had all factions helping me. Being super paragon rocked, had the Tali's and Geths. So many of my friends tried to get this achievement and couldn't
  • Had around 2500-3000 and 50% readiness when this popped after doing Rannoch.
  • Okay I'm not unlocking this achievement it's definitely glitched. I have a Galactic Readyness of 3750, at 50%, but that number is actually about 7500 because I have every theatre of war at 100%. It never unlocked when I beat the game, and it still won't unlock now. I have Leviathan and Omega downloaded, but not extended cut. Maybe if I download extended cut it will fix this, I'll try it tonight. I have completed every mission in the game on insane (got unwavering), scanned dozens of planets, and completed every side quest in the game.
  • Okay, I finally got it. So the problem is, if you have Leviathan or the most recent map packs downloaded (not sure which DLC causes the glitch), but not the extended cut, your galactic readiness will be above 50% on the home screen, but in game, the terminal will not show a higher number. This is some weird glitch, but if you download the extended cut and try the Attack on Cerberus mission again, you should get it. It pops up right after your talk with Admiral Hackett, during your romance scene in you have one, but before you talk to Joker.
  • Thank you #105! After reading through most of the comments I was afraid that I'd need to buy the online pass/gold member ship to do the MP stuff... Good to know that it can be done in SP :)
  • Great Achievement to cap a amazing Game. I completely almost every mission in the game and played numerous hours of multiplayer. This achievement is by far my favorite
  • Just completed my insanity run had 9990 EMS and no dice BS just like my 1st playthrough on normal. Master and Commander = GLITCHED
  • download extended cut and start the attack, that should unlock the achievement
  • Going threw these messages was worrying me. This is not as hard as everyone's saying. I played no online. Did only paragon and just scanned everything. Really wasn't that difficult.
  • I didn't get this achievement after my first playthrough even though I did every single mission and scanned everything. I had well over the required EMS and had even played some multiplayer. How I got this achievement was I made sure I had the required EMS and then I played the Multiplayer until I was at 100% galactic war readiness. After I had both of those things I went ahead with the attack on the Cerberus headquarters. Achievement popped right when I landed.
  • As soon as I beat Priority: Rannoch &........ NOT SPOILING IT ---- When I clicked on admiral Hackett on the cool 3D console to speak to him it popped- so if u haven't got it & you beat Priority: Rannoch odds are u ain't getting it -- THANKS to the comments above with great links on how to get it
  • #16 and 17 so i just got the cheevo. Don't have a MP code because i borrowed the game from a friend and didn't wanna dish out the cash. I did every mission i could (missed a couple of citadel ones cuz i didn't complete them sooner than a krogan mission so the people died in the cerberus citadel raid.) But i got every species on my side scanned every galaxy with assets to obtain ( they get you some good stuff for the crucible) then as i dock on the cerberus base i told admiral hacket i wanna make sure everything's ready, so i didn't start the mission right then. I then spoke to him on the comm in the war room and that's when it popped for me. Glad I did that because I'd be mad if I went to do the cerberus base and didn't get the cheevo. I'll never know if i would have missed it or not. A
  • I managed to snag this one after Priority Tuchanka, specifically the N7 Cerberus Fighter Mission. I did the Eden Prime, Leviathan and Omega Downloadables along with as many side quests I could do along the way. So I would say after the events on Tuchanka (Provided you have Extended Cut AND the other aforementioned Downloadable Campaigns) would be the earliest you can get this one.
  • Why is it that I just beat the game with around 7900 War Assets with 100% Readiness and I still don't have the achievement. Buggy games :(
  • Just to let everyone know, the multiplayer pass is free now I think. If you want to play a few multiplayer games with me, I'd be happy to help on GT - xTWx Cowboy, to boost your readiness level and whatnot.
  • after reading all the comments the achievement can be done SP (though i did play alot of MP) but when i got the achievement i was Disconnected from XBL and did not have my multiplayer boost. i still got the achievement after the quarrian mission to save the homeworld and killing off the geth (was with tali from 2) with a charater from mass effect 1-2 and one that was both paragon and renegade and at the time i didnt have the EC downloaded so even after a yr the achievement is still buggy as ever
  • I had 5500 ems and it didn't pop up I wasted my whole day scanning shit and Doing side quests just so it can glitch out Of me-.-
  • It just popped for me, if anybody is still looking at this. I have 5,337 total military strength, and 50% readiness rating for a score of 2668. The green bar looks 90% full at the bottom. Just finished Rannoch, have both Quarian and Geth assets.
  • I just got this one last night and it was right after finishing Rannoch. I went crazy scanning all of the systems so that I wouldn't have to worry about multiplayer and managed to get 3200-ish EMS.
  • Still trying this one!
  • If you have all the DLC, You get about 400 to 600 military assets in each DLC. I'm little over halfway through the game and have over 8000 Total Military Strength and 50% galactic readiness. Since the MP is practically dead you need not worry about getting this achievement. Although there is one MP only achievement that you will need to get. And It's to reach 100% galactic readiness.
  • I'm a moron. I realized soon after I posted this that you do need to do MP. It's difficult by yourself so find some people that will help you. Don't ask why I didn't write this soon after the last post.
  • If your stil having trouble getting this achievement go here:http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/galaxy_at_war/ I wish you luck.
  • I get this achiev without playing MP, and with Total Military in ~~4000. I got this after the last mission of Quarians.
  • Activate your free multiplayer pass and do what #130 said. Thank you, TechnicallyCalm!!

Game navigation