Fakeloo Achievement in L.A. Noire

• Fakeloo

Tail Henry Arnett from Hollywood Station to the pawnbroker and travel agent without being spotted.

• How to unlock Fakeloo

About halfway through the case you will have to tail the suspect Henry Arnett. First you follow him in a car. Stay a safe distance away in your car and be careful to not hit anything and alert him. Once he reaches the pawn shop you will have to follow him on foot. Stay back as far as you can and when possible press on objects to go incognito. Eventually Arnett will cross the street to the right side. Continue following him on the left side of the street to make it easier on yourself and only cross the street once he's gone down the alley. If you mess up just quit out and reload so you start back at the Arnett interrogation. Once you've completed it the achievement will unlock after the cut-scene with your partner when he's talking about the cigarette case.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • I can't figure this out at all
  • Nvm I solved it
  • I can't I will hide behind a wall and he will turn around and it will say he sees u, and their is no way unless he is Superman.
  • This achievement is so hard and annoying ive failed twice but i guess ill try it again tomorrow. :(
  • It seems you don't get the achievement if he manages to evade you either.
  • I believe if you fail at all, you can't get this achievement unless you restart the entire case. An easy way to tail Arnett: When tailing begins, run down the sidewalk on the right side and go incognito at the newspaper stand near the end of the corner. Once Arnett crosses the first time, walk to the end of the corner. Wait until he crosses the second time and begins walking down the street, then you walk at a normal pace. When he rounds the corner, keep walking until Phelps says something, then run to Arnett. It should immediately continue the story.
  • Huddleston is right, i just failed from saying i lost him. This is really gettig freaking annoying.
  • I just played the case from the very beginning again and followed Arnett as I suggested in #6. This worked and I got the achievement.
  • If he spots you drop to dashboard before it saves and you'll be just before the interview with him rather than at the start of the case. I tried it on my own way and got caught then I used the description in #6 and did it first time.
  • #6 is right, losing the trail also kills the achievement. Very annoying considering the achievement in the main game allows you to fail many times.
  • I just did what 6 did and got it. I failed a few times but if you get caught just go to the pause menu and quit then resume it'll start you right before the interview. I got it that way.
  • First try, easy compared to the tailing you have to do for a certain street crime, the key is stay far enough behind that he doesnt notice you, run to catch up if the dot on the map starts flashing or Phelps says something, try to anticipate where he's going, if he is crossing the street, cross at the opposite site to keep the distance between you the same and just dont get too close.
  • skiiiipped lol fuck it failed like 4 times
  • OMG this achievement is incredibly annoying. If you do mess up, like others have said, you can just dashboard and it will put you right before the interview with Arnett.
  • I just got the achievment, just do what #6 did and you'll be fine.
  • Got this on a first try. What's so hard about it?
  • Peck4 is such a bragger or a sneaky guy. :( I failed it three times until I realised it is easier to walk the other side of the street hiding behind trees etc. When he goes behind the corner just run across the street to the corner and push RB. That should do it.
  • Very easy achievement. When you get out of the car, just walk up to the tree near the benches on the right side of the street, and stand behind it until Arnett crosses the street to your side, then just walk normally behind him until he takes a right into the little alcove. All you have to do at that point is wait for him to get near the travel agency, then walk into the alcove to trigger a cutscene. You'll pop the cheevo once the cutscene ends and you regain control.
  • What #18 said. You can also go incognito near the painter/notice board thingy before crossing the intersection. Also, if you fail because you get too much distance in between (and not because he spotted you), you'll also have to restart the case/to dashboard.
  • Yeah, this achievement is a pain, I was thinking by description "without being spotted" so I wouldn't get close to him at all which numerous times he evaded me so I had to restart. Like others have said you can not fail this/restart this at all. I wish I would've read these posts before hand. What I plan on doing to not have to keep replaying the entire case, is make 2 save files at the point where the chase begins. One I'll keep on my HD and the other on my memory stick. (Might have to go to the dashboard and go under the games save files to do this. Once I make a copy of it, I'll load the copy, if I fail at all, I'll just rewrite it with the original file before the pursuit began and try again. Seems this would be a lot less of an effort than constantly replaying the case. Then onc
  • Blah, guess I spoke too soon, and made it more complicated then it seems. Should've read the guide first (really didn't want to spoil it) but I guess the FAIL > Dashboard > Resume Case trick works. At first I didn't think it would. Apologies for over-complicating a strategy for this achievement : (
  • i'm pretty pissed because i followed this exactly and i didn't get caught or fail or do anything wrong and i still didn't get this achievement. what the hell??
  • Got on my first attempt. Just stay fer behind him until the radar flashes and then run to catch up to him. every time he looks behind him just look at a shop window. I was expecting to have a harder time with this TBH because I suck at tailing in every game.
  • Thanks #6, got it the first try.
  • On the bright side, I'm getting really good at interviewing Arnett.
  • i like titties
  • Dude so easy... just run across the street and use RB to hide behind the trees, he'll never see you. Got it on my first try.
  • I experimented with a car I drove right beside him and he didn't notice me but then I hit a tree and he saw me
  • Pausing and quitting out/resuming works just fine if you get sighted during the on-foot portion. Just did that and got the achievement.
  • This is how I got it When he starts to walk, stay on the right side of the street with the trees, walk tpwards the magazine stand and go ingonito, when he crosses the road wait till he stops looking behind him, then run after him hugging the right hand side wall and as you come to the corner immediatly turn right and then across the road to hide by the wall, this way he cant see you, peek around the wall and wait for him to turn right and then run after him, when you come to the blue building hide behind the blue pillar and wait for him to turn left at the shops then run after him, this will trigger a cut scene, you get the acheive after it, hope it helps if not, try this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31ok9_Y89ks also note IF YOU LOSE HIM YOU CAN USE THE DASH BOARD THEN RES
  • I think this is a pain in the ass compared to the other tailing achievement. If he sees you just quit out, question him again and try until you get it. Super annoying though...
  • FYI: dropping to the dashboard DOES allow you to retry from the interrogation; no need to restart the entire case if you drop out after getting seen or losing him. Got it after three tries.
  • its super easy did it first try just stay far away from him and take cover behind stuff its not hard at all
  • Did this tonight, followed the method at #6. walked normal pace on the right hand side of the road, incognito at the newspaper stand, waited til he crossed to the same side as me, then resume following, when crossing the junction I sprinted (using the building to block the view), cover at the corner, when he takes his final corner I sprinted down there then walked round the corner myself.
  • Thanks #6, it worked. i didn't get it when I was playing the game for the first time, but I barely tried and got it the second time. Gracias.
  • The first achievement to absolutely drive me crazy. Re-playing crap I've seen 100 times is the only thing that will drive me to insanity in a game.
  • I HATE THESE ACHIEVEMENTS!!! I failed the first time, so now I have to play the mission again!
  • I was just playing this now and failed the mission so checked here to see any tips. I hadn't quit to the dashboard just the main menu but when I replayed it I got it 3rd attempt (Failed it another time when he turned around as I was crossing the road - the bastard) Method I used was same as described earlier by staying on the right side of the road, then it popped up when i met with Earle
  • arnett has UNAGI grrr
  • Tried strategy on #6 and worked like a charm! Just try to keep track of which alley he runs down or you will lose him.
  • If you get spotted in part one just loose arnette you will get another chance and do strategy #6 for part 2 and you cannot lose.
  • Just wanted to roll in on the #6 love bandwagon. I managed to get run over, lost, confused and still got this achievement. I had no idea what I was doing or who I was even looking for, I just followed the dot using the #6 method.
  • I am gonna have to go through it again as i never got the achievement!
  • I got it as an accident. I think it's not if you get caught but even if your partner says he spotted you.
  • didn't even realise it was an achievement when i got it so easy
  • Is it just me or am I the only one that is able to tail him on foot, but when it comes to following him in the car, I screw up everytime because the civilian drivers in this game are the worst I've ever seen in my life. THEY KEEP RAMMING ME, SWEET JESUSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
  • just go to your xbox dashboard if you fail. then load up your game and try again. it worked for me
  • Big thanks to Huddleston here. I spent three days trying to get this right. I feel like a tool here because I didn't realize that I had to restart the mission.
  • #6 Huddleston. beautiful. thanks for the tip. first try because of you.
  • #6 is the easiest and fastest to get this achievement. Thanks #6!
  • watch the achievement hunter guide on youtube,very easy
  • I "cheated" a little and copied the save file to a USB stick (and remove it from the system) hehe. That way, when I inevitably fail, I just have to copy the file back and only have to play from the interview with Arnett instead of the entire case.
  • Kudos to #6! Great help cause this was starting to get on my nerves...
  • Fuck sake, I couldn't get away from the newspaper stand, I pressed every button and I failed for losing him!!!!
  • Finally got it, I was worried as I as at the newspaper stand, it said I can't risk losing the trail, he hadn't even crossed the road at that point! But it still unlocked, glad too otherwise I would have lost it.
  • Fuck this broken achievement. I was discovered twice while completely hidden by cover before I got it.
  • This is taking up too much of my life. Asshole drivers crashing into me and I still get spotted. Screw this cheevo.
  • first time, just hold back what's so hard about that?
  • i agree #6
  • I just hopped back in my car for the second part, until after he crosses the street and turns the corner down the alley way. Then on foot and BOOM it unlocked :D
  • I must say, I am also getting stuck with the driving. No matter how careful I am, the AI keeps driving into me and that's screwing the achievement. Interestingly, on the one time I managed to get through unscathed, I tried Henderson's method (#6) and run at the start. Phelps naturally gets ahead of Arnett and despite being on the other side of the road, Arnett spotted me as I approached the magazine stand. Bugger...
  • @52 Thats alot of effort when you can just quit/dashboard and have the same affect.
  • followed @#6 comment. Worked for me. I recorded and posted it on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb5xuSFdu5M
  • I can confirm that dashboarding out is effective if you fail. The achievement popped for me on my second try. Oh and I saw him drive through a red light and get hit by crossing traffic. There's no way this guy was in the Marine Corps, haha.
  • As always i couldn't do this so I gave in and checked out the guys Roosterteeth on youtube and their method is so quick and flawless
  • As always i couldn't do this so I gave in and checked out the guys Roosterteeth on youtube and their method is so quick and flawless
  • @ #21 I did exactly what you did when you failed. Dashboarded out, hit Resume... then it freezes. It has happened three times now. Does anyone know why? Will it mean I have to restart the entire case just to get this damn achievement?
  • I swear I did this heaps of times but didn't pop up till eventually I did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-alDxEY7_A
  • In case anyone else was as confused as me when they did this and spent way too many times doing it, the achievement only requires that you do the tailing (both car and on foot) in one go without being spotted such that the game forces you to restart. This means that when you fail and the game tells you "Suspect spotted / evaded you", you CAN'T continue. You must exit the game and resume to load the save before Arnett's interview and do it again from there. You can drive as recklessly as you want as long as he doesn't spot you. Even if your partner tells you "ease off, we're got pinged" or if you get into a crash that makes the car icon blink, as long as the game doesn't tell you that the suspect spotted you, it is still OK. I got mine even though I did both of those things.

Game navigation