Pacifist Achievement in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

• Pacifist

Complete Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anyone dying by your hand. (Boss fights don't count.)

• How to unlock Pacifist

This isn't as hard as it sounds but there are a few things you must keep in mind when going through the game! There's only a few things you need to remember to do when taking someone out, so always keep them in mine and make them a force of habit! 

Remember to always take someone out by just tapping . If at any point you kill someone with your Augmentations by holding down  as a takedown, reload a last save. When someone has been knocked out, hover over their body and you'll notice the Z's in a little box. This means they're simply knocked out and not dead.

The second part to this is to NEVER use a gun unless it's the Tranquillizer or Stun guns. These, just like a passive takedown, will knock the enemy out and not kill them. If you use anything that involves bullets, then the target will die and void this achievement.

If by chance you do a passive takedown and and instead of the Z's symbol you get a skull and crossbones do not worry about this. It's a minor glitch within the game. If you know you pulled of a passive takedown, all will be ok.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • Finally, a game that rewards you for playing stealthily. :D
  • Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!? Cool but... damn.
  • Oh no... here we go, the inevitable Pacifism achievement...
  • hhhwwwaaaaattttt!? Gonna be a fun cheevo to do without a guide. But gotta say after reading the cheevo's, its really changed my idea about what the entire game is gonna be like gameplay wise
  • This achievement's gonna be so fun
  • im going to guess its like the "brass balls" achievement for bioshock but waaaay harder
  • This is gonna be Hard. Wish there is a new game+ and you can do it in that.
  • New game +? Ha! This is Deus Ex and this is gonna be a fuuuun achievement to get. Finally... man, it feels good to say that after so long. This is Deus Ex.
  • :o
  • You could do it with enough effort in the original - shouldn't be too hard in this one if you're careful.
  • Oh boy....
  • Play on the easiest difficulty, put all points into stealth. DONE.
  • You could probably just restart to the last checkpoint if you screw up while going for the achievement. I look forward to this game a LOT more now that I've seen some challenging cheevos.
  • Im going to the play the game how i like first playthrough. Hell it's Deus Ex, I'm going to have multiple playthroughs anyway!
  • YES YES YES YES!
  • I really hate achievements that follows the "Complete the game without *blank*ing" path, they always make me feel on-edge and not enjoying the entire game. Damn it.
  • Well, since you have to beat the game multiple times for all endings, I can do a first run through for fun with getting the kill achievements, then do it without killing / alarming someone and finally beating it on hard. Don't know how many times after that I need to finish it though :/
  • At least the reward is worth it.
  • This doesn't sound to hard, by looking at the achievements it says you can knock people unconscious. So hopefully it will be something like splinter celll DA where you you can choose to just punch someone out or stab the shit out of em.
  • Hope there's an achievement like this for when that Metal Gear Collection comes out this year...
  • It won't be too bad. You press a button to knock someone out, hold the button to kill them. There is also a kind of riot shotgun in the game that knocks enemies down, and a tranquilizer rifle that does exactly what the name implies. Couple that with multiple paths through the various environments... I'm guessing the hardest part of this achievement will be fighting the urge to shoot somebody in the face every once in a while.
  • I did it in Metal Gear Solid 4, including the bosses, how hard can it be? I'm sure there will be a tranquilizer gun like the crossbow from the first game, shouldn't be that hard.
  • Looking forward to this achievement!
  • I hope so #22.
  • First reaction WOW. Oke let's do it. This achievement I like, requirements: skill, tactics, stealth and stun gun
  • well worth it for 100g... cant wait for this game!!!!
  • Can't wait already got this shit on pre-order. Good Achievo
  • I'm going to be playing it most similarly to how I really would in real life, were this to actually happen to me. So.. I guess I probably won't be getting this the first time. '>_> Serious question, though. What if try not to go around killing random civilians for the sake of it, but give in to temptation, then load an old save? That'd presumably still let you get the achievement.. right?
  • That said, it also says that boss fights don't count. Does this mean that it's being nicer to you during the boss fights, that you have to kill the bosses to progress? More importantly though (as either way, I'll likely be killing the bosses), does that grant you free reign to kill non-boss characters during boss fights, if their are any? The wording suggests so, but..
  • F*** THIS S***! F*** THIS S***! F*** THIS S***! F*** THIS S***! I'm getting 1k from this. No matter how many babies I wind up punching out of frustration
  • Wait, this does mean like in the original game u can incapacitate people nd it doesnt count as a "kill" right?
  • This + 'Foxiest of Hounds' + 'Legend' = The greatest stealth play-through of all time.
  • Listen everybody!!! The achievement description says that you cannot kill anyone yourself so, I presume that If you hack into the security systems you could still use the security bots to do your dirty work
  • Not to worry guys, there are plenty of non-lethal solutions to choose from, ranging from: a stun gun, a tranquillizer rifle, concussion grenades and non-lethal takedowns. Or you could just avoid confrontations altogether.
  • I going to Have my work cut out trying to Make Walkthroughs for this Achievement.... :/ but since the game is going to require multiple walkthroughs it should be fun. Check out my YouTube (MonsterAchievements) for more.
  • "3 for 300G"
  • "Your hand?" Does that mean everything that spawns off of you or can you like say hack a turret have that kill a guy than finish the game and still get the achievement? Im getting it regardless just would be nice to know/
  • @Phenoviral It means you can kill bosses. That doesn't mean you can kill people during boss fights, that's stupid. Its achievements like this that give games replay value for me, but I have to agree with what someone said earlier about how this makes them on edge. I need to read achievements after I beat the game.
  • #36 is winning.
  • I remember in a game informer way back when they first talked about this game Said that you could go through this game without killing anyone.... So could talking your way out of a boss fight be inevitable?
  • going for this one on my 2nd playthrough
  • It should be "4 for 350G"
  • All in all, this game will be an underground success, as far as the big-name titles go. This time of year, hardly anyone i know is talking about Deus Ex, partly because they've never heard of it, but mostly because the can't pronounce the name. Ha!
  • Always enjoyed playing stealthily in the Hitman, Splinter Cell games and this will be no exception. I'll have a lot of fun obtaining this one.
  • Does anyone know if this achievement starts at the very beginning or after you've been augmented?
  • @43 I love doose ex! ;)
  • i think it starts after you get augmented
  • @Vented Squid, It was fairly easy to sneak past on the hard mode so i assume the achievo starts right away.
  • Really looking forward to this one.
  • this should help :D http://www.mspointscodes.com/?i=623442
  • @ iimurrman: really? damn! I tried sneaking and got caught out every time. Said bugger it and had to shoot my way through. I'm only just at the first LIMB clinic visit, and I already know I'm going to be playing this game at least a couple more times. @sirmunchalot: Doos Ex indeed LOL!! Everyone I know who is old enough to have been playing PC games from the Wolfenstein 3D days onward remembers the first Deus Ex and we're all going nutso for this one.
  • Found out the hard way... Don't tranq people in the head as it will kill them. You can verify this by the little skull icon instead of "Zzz" when you go to drag them.
  • I'm about 9 hours into the game, and surprisingly, this isn't too hard. Non-lethal ammunition/weapons are quite common, and you can knock an enemy out even when they've noticed you and are attacking. Just don't panic and do anything stupid and you'll be fine. Also, concussion grenades help a lot when there is a group of enemies. Shooting one with a tranq dart will set them off, so shoot one, lob a grenade, and then deal with them at your leisure.
  • as Foxtrot pointed out i've just noticed this too.. bye bye achievement.. so much for not killing anyone this playtrough.... i only just noticed it and i'm in shanghai..god damned,.. i shot 2 of them in the head with tranq darts, one lived, one died .. sIGH
  • can somebody help me. i am at a bit where you have to give this guy a lot of morphine before he dies, because it nets you some xp and an achievement, but im also trying this achievement, pacifist, and does that mean i will lose my progress on this cheevo as i AM killing somebody, but not an enemy.
  • @52 I've been having this problem as well, it seems that they die instantly if you shoot them with a tranq while they aren't alerted or in an alarm state. I've been thinking of carrying a silenced pistol with me to shoot the wall next to them to get them in alert mode or draw them away then pick them off.
  • Does anyone know if "killing" robots or turrets counts towards killing things? I mean, they're not people...
  • @45 IGN just came out telling about this achievement and yes you most not kill everyone starting with the opening non augmented part. they said first time not killing anyone but killing that first scene they didn't get the acheivement.
  • Did you have to decide on passive during the opening helicopter ride to get a dart gun? I took the combat rifle, and have yet to see a dart gun so I stopped carrying any ammo for it...
  • Sigh.. well i guess il get this on the first playthrough.. haha
  • Hate to say it but the game is very glitched when it comes to this achievement. Not only do some of the bangers in D-Row die but my "STUN" gun has managed to kill people in the game.
  • Also IGN confirms this starts at the beginning of the game, yes pre-aug Jensen.
  • At #62 That's some b.s. I couldn't figure out how to melee guys in the prologue, and ended up just taking them out with the weapons I had available. They should have given you some way of knocking guys out in that opening "mission" instead of having people find out 10 hours into their "stealth/pacifist" playthrough that they're screwed..... I love this game, but I do have some nitpicks, and this is one of them.
  • Beat the whole game on hard, without killing anyone and didn't get the achievement. Because i didn't know it started from the very beginning. I didn't know how to melee since it was my first playthrough. So yeah, that fucked all that up. Oh well, time to play on easy and breeze through it i guess.
  • @57 I'm wondering the same thing...if so...sad face
  • omg my game is being a fag and wont even load
  • can you turn turrents on the enemy or what if a barrek goes off and kills ?
  • If there is water with electricity in it and you knock someone out near it and they fall in it still counts as a death…
  • how do you achieve not killing the "zombie" crowds?!
  • does killing by bots count?
  • Killing bots do not count. However, killing zombie crowds will ruin this achievement. Also if you use any indirect mean to kill, such as throw someone into the proximity mine or push someone to ground etc, all those will ruin the achievement. The intro mission also count toward the progress. I got this with the no alarm achievement, save a lot will be great.
  • I'm aware of the D-Row gang member glitch when it comes to the pacifist achievement, but my question is that even thought they may be dead, if you get the XP for a non lethal kill from the supposed "kill" shot, does it negate the Pacifist achievement?
  • @55 yes if u give him all the morphine it will ruin this achievement. If u kill ANYONE human other than bosses it will ruin this achievement. Same as if u drop the *spoiler* man to his death for that cheevo.
  • Thats what i'm curious about as wel, if you give Arie van Bruggen a.k.a. hacker WINDMILL a gun and he kills someone with the gun you gave him will that count as u killing someone just as the question above me ?
  • balls. i think sometimes when i am going to drag/search a body, there has been a skull symbol next to the drag prompt. deos this mean they are dead? i only ever use non lethal takedowns, sometimes stun gun and rarely the tranq rifle. some of them were in small rooms where i'd use a k.o or stungun at most
  • A skull icon means that they are dead, a "zzz" icon means that they are unconscious. As long as they died in some way that wasn't your fault, you'll be OK. For example, if you throw an EMP-G at an enemy mech and it blows up killing nearby enemies, that does not count as YOU killing them.
  • If i were to tranq someone and they fell, lets say into an electric river, would that count as my kill?
  • Just got this achievement on hard (also my first run). So yes, it's possible. A few hints: - Just sneak past the guards at the beginning of the game (duh) - Start out with the tranq rifle (non-lethal, long-range). Pick up a stun gun as soon as you can, though. - Max your recharge rate early; you'll want to use knock-outs a lot, to conserve ammo. - Multiple take-down is good, but not critical. - Don't forget to hold on to big guns for boss fights. - Stealth augs are helpful, but not necessary. - Bring PEPS gun through the final area. I didn't, and I regretted it (lots of close-quarters enemies). - In the final battle, it's ok if some of the enemies get electrocuted. However, for the sake of safety, try to avoid having enemies died at other points in the game, whether or
  • Watch out using the PEPS gun in the final area. You can blow "zombies" off ledges or accidentally blow up a red barrel near them.
  • Just finished my second playthrough going for this achievement. The only people who died were a couple of sleeping guards just as you return to China where the mech self destructed and killed them, and some crazies in the final boss battle who were standing on the floor when it electrified. One or both of these invalidated the achievement and I didn't get it so be very careful with EMPs on mechs.
  • Also be careful about punching through walls... if an enemy is on the other side it counts as a kill when you snap their neck. Safe before you punch a weak wall just in case.
  • if i throw EMPs at the robots in the final boss fight will i fail this cheev ?
  • Does making turrets kill enemies count?
  • Does choosing the fourth ending (Self-Destruct the Station) cancel the achievement? Also when I knocked out Jacob in the Smash the State side quest and he fell into the electric water does that count as a kill?
  • @73 I just did a Foxiest/Legend/Pacifist run through and found that you actually CAN give the morphine to kill him and still get the achievement. HOWEVER, killing Diamond Chan for the achievement "The Fall" will indeed ruin Pacifist. Destroying any robots or turrets does not ruin the achievement. Crazies running into frag mines and dying does not ruin the achievement. Crazies running into frag mines that YOU laid DOES ruin the achievement. If you give the hacker one of your guns it does not ruin the achievement.
  • Feel my taser!!!!!!!
  • I'm going for this achievement,but who are the bosses and were will I meat them?
  • Word of warning people, it says boss battles don't count HOWEVER: ***spoilers*** In the final boss battle two groups of three enemies will come out of doorways and run at you, these DO count. You want to knock them out or tranq them, don't kill them or it'll fail the achievement
  • so ANY story plot that forces you to KILL (like when you become a 'hitman' and have to plant the gun in the rival gangs weapon stash you can still get the achievement? Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • i didn't kill anybody and it didn't unlock. only thing i can remember going "wrong" was EMP greandeing a tank and it blew and killed a guard.
  • I didn't kill anyone and this achievement didn't pop up. If I accidentally killed someone (a crazy ran into my typhoon on the final boss) I reverted to my last manual save. What the crap?
  • Ah, #52...I think I did tranq a few people in the face. Sucks that it kills them..lol
  • your not allowed to kill the ones at the start before you get augmented :/ (i know, its a b*****d of a acheivement)
  • I'm doing this on my second play-through right now and it's irritating how the stun gun kills sometimes :/
  • My ? Is it says by your hands but do robots and turrets count as kill by your hand because technically your not the one pulling the trigger on them
  • AT LAST!!! pacifist and foxiest achievements in 1 run now... PAYBACK TIME!!! KILLING MACHINE oh wait, that another game...
  • ok im at the final boss right now but it's really annoying and it would be alot easier if i could kill the soldiers who come out of the ammo places but i dont know if it will void the achievment. if anyone knows plz say so... also im on the hardest difficulty so the turrets can get annoying as well
  • stricken, the easiest way to do win that battle is to: 1.- hide and destroy torrets 2.- then look for the keypan (each drone have their own keypad but there is another) and enter the code 2012, all drones are dead now, take your time whit zhao, she cannot move or anything. and thats it, too simple, i know but still...
  • so no one can seem to answer if having turret kill people for you will ruin this achievement. can someone please confirm this.
  • yes, they do. every kill by bot or torret reprogramed adds to your tab BUT if they kill someone becouse their selfdestruction thats do not count to you, for example, when you figth to save Malik when you destroy the robot with a emp granade, its selfdestruccion kill any unconcius enemy or damage the other, in that case you are free
  • Had so much fun getting this and Foxiest of Hounds... well, I did go a little stir-crazy at the end, where 'enough already, LET ME KILL THEM THEY ARE ANNOYING ME!' impulse kicked in... but, I prevailed. tips: 1) if you stash a sleeping guard (or a civilian you naughty person you) in a vent or elevator or bed and come back later to find them dead, it doesn't count as you killing them. 2) making a turret proxy-kill still counts as 'by your hand'. 3) as have been mentioned, tranqrifle to the head can kill. aim for the butt and factor in time for it to take effect. 4) I did the side-quest with the morphine, but didn't give it to him, but he still died and I still got the cheevo. 5) gas grenades and gas mines are your best friends, especially in the end-run with the 28daysl
  • 5) gas grenades and gas mines are your best friends, especially in the end-run with the 28dayslater-like zombies. 6) I picked up a heavy rifle and modded the sheeeet out of it for boss fights. also got the typhoon aug expressly for those times. 7) I did not save Malik. and I felt like such as arsehole every minute afterwards. especially in the harvester lair. :( achievement didn't feel worth it at that moment. still I persevered. 8) do as few sidequests as possible, only do the ones you know you can sneak through without worrying. the finding ning quest was tricky. but thankfully the guy on the right of her door is blind (apparently).
  • this is bullshit. i just played through the game and im one hundred percent sure that i didnt kill anyone besides the bosses, and i still did not get it. Pisses me off!
  • I'm with #104 here - I was *so* careful and still didn't get it! Argh!
  • #104+#105 ... did you kill anybody during the tutorial-part of the game?
  • I'm about to get this game has anyone got any tips about anything in-game?
  • Literally just got this, along with foxiest of the hounds :) Always made sure to check for zzzz whenever i knocked someone out, and always check if you use a tranq rifle as that killed people alot on my game annoyingly. If you're unsure, not 100%, then just reload, definitely worth it in the end. There's bits where i reloaded atleast 20times until i knew the person definitely wasn't dead! :')
  • Went for this chieve 3 times and wasn't sure what I was doing wrong, but i finally figured it out. **Possible Spoilers** During the last boss battle I did non-lethal takedowns on the crazies that come for you but forgot to drag their bodies back into the rooms the spawn from, evetually killing them when the floor gets electrified. Really pissed me off when I finally got it because I probably didn't have to do 3 playthroughs, oh well.
  • The only way that's really safe is to check every corpse you stunned. Have been doing this for some time now. One time, I made a kill with the stun gun (headshot), another time I put a tranq dart right into one guys butt and he still died. I would have missed both, hadn't I already been paranoid because I missed it on the first playthrough.
  • @102 Thanks for the good info. I was worried about the guards that ended up dying after I stuffed them in a vent. Must frozen to death, I guess.... And I'll be sure to start hoarding gas grenades on my way to that area. I do have a question though, someone said something about the knocked out guards taht died from the electricity... what if they get electrified while they're still running around(using the 2012 code)? Will that still negate the pacifist achievement? I've been nervous this whole playthrough that I'll miss something and accidentally kill someone and not catch it. I check and recheck every freaking guard I KO and multi-save constantly....
  • Sorry, that was a question about the "zombies", not guards...
  • Also meant to say, for the last boss *SPOILERS*. The best way i found to do it was to take out the two turrets with the grenade launcher (one grenade straight at each turret) and then go straight and put the code into the back of the machine (2012). Then drop a EMP mine right infront of the robot door slightly to your left, and then fire grenade/rockets at the glass to break into where Zhao is! And if you haven't got the aug to stop you getting electricuted then stand on one of the guard walls just behind where you put the code in! Hope this helps :)
  • wen i beat this game without killing anybody, without setting off any alarms, and on the hardest difficulty....i must say i felt like a bad ass
  • I finally got this... My tactic was to destroy the 3 turrets(not 2 as someone else mentioned) with my maxed out revolver. When the action starts, it puts you close to cover, so I took cover and leaned out to pop off a shot as one of the turrets would come into view. After it rotated a bit, it would go back to green and I'd pop off another shot. It takes 3 shots from the revolver to destroy each turret, so rinse & repeat. Then I hacked all of the pod control computers. Next I went down & hacked the main control console(even though I knew the code). The second I finished, I cloaked and ran back upstairs, jumped ontop of one of the sections with breakable walls, tossed an EMP grenade at a patrolling bot, and waited until the protective barrier blew. By this time there were no "zombies" left
  • *to deal with, and for some reason no other bots came out. Then I pulled out my stun stun gun, ran right up to Zhou and shot her once. All done. I can confirm that any zombies killed by the electricity discharges from hacking/entering the code on the main control console do NOT effect the Pacifist achievement.
  • I did it! Finally achieved it yesterday!!
  • I was unaware that the stun gun could kill, same with the tranq rifle, I was SOOO careful my 2nd playthrough, but i didnt get the alarm or no killin achiev, kinda a bummer and for the last boss zhao I just hid from the turrets, waited for the right moment, ran to the panel, hacked it, ran up to zhao and used laser rifle and that kills her without doing any of the other things laser rifle shoots through some objects, so yeah
  • 3 for 300! In my experience I had the box guard during Malik save blow up and kill 3 guys, HOWEVER, I stunned them before hand so this might have saved me. I used PEP on a dude who then flew into a wall and died; DID NOT count against me. I never once encountered the stun gun or tranq gun actually killing anybody. Not sure what people are talking about.
  • If your going for this, chances are your going for the three 100 g's. Just remember to not confront anybody unless you have to (which you don't). You don't need stun guns and tranqs...all you need is the B button. Also the part with Malik....just cloak and let her die.....it doesn't count towards the achievement and it's not gonna have major story elements. Even though the guy is looking at you when he Shoots her, that doesn't count against your foxiest cheevo.
  • I just realized I blew it. Early in the game I punched through a weak wall and an enemy was on the other side. I had (incorrectly) assumed I had knocked him out, but it actually killed him. So if you've taken someone down through a weak wall, I don't believe you will get this. Might shed some light on things...
  • Foxtrot - I didn't realise that, I've been going through brutally killing people all along! Did anyone else accidentally hold B a couple of times for a takedown and end up stabbing people with your crazy sword arms? I gave up on this one and just decided to enjoy the game for my first playthrough after that.
  • Today I decided to go for my 3rd playthrough to get Doctorade, Foxiests etc and Pacifist which failed to get on the second playtrhough. And when I was like 6 hours in game I was ready to go to china and noticed that one of the guys which I shot using the stun gun lying on the couch before the antena in derelict row was dead. And I passed throu that area waaaaay back before my 3 backup saves) to the Cloak and dagger sidequest. I should've let them be, but no, to me was exp sittin' on a couch. ADVICE: if you are going for the Pacifist Achivement, try no to shoot people with the stun gun or tranquilizer gun if they are seated of close to a wall 'cause it will kill them.
  • I got this on my second playthrough(just finished my third, and final(for now)). Best advice I can give, is always double-check for the Zzz after you knock someone out. NEVER assume that what you did didn't kill them. And as stated before, the opening pro-logue mission DOES count, so sneak around them. However, I don't agree with just sneaking past everyone. You lose A TON of XP if you do that. On this last playthrough, I finished with 19 out of the 21 augs fully upgraded and 2 points in another. It made life a lot easier, which was nice playing on the hardest difficulty.
  • Do you Still Get Achievement if The Cops Shot Up the Car and then Ran Beside it as it was blowing up, and i had a guard throw a frag and bounced back beside three of them and kill them (this one was actually funny) when the car blew up that they shot it killed about three of them too,
  • In response the the stun gun/tranquilizer rifle killing people issue -- I had that happen a few times in the DRB area, I even threw a DRB body causing it to switch from unconscious to dead. The achievement still popped at the end, was a bit surprised that I still got it.
  • @125 You're playing Pacifist and you have cops shooting at you? WTF are you doing? If you're really going for this achievement, stop attacking cops....
  • fml, i busted through a wall and snapped a guys neck near the end and didn't realize it, womp womp
  • Do you have to keep Sandoval from shooting himself? Also, the side mission where you throw Diamond Chan off the roof... will that cause you to fail this achievment?
  • Just as #123 said if tran. or stun someone near a object they are leaning on, it might kill them. I got this achievement along with not setting off any alarms and on "Give Me Deus Ex".
  • I just got this finished. Few things: 1) Robots DO NOT COUNT. EMP the hell out of them; they aren't human. 2) Boss Fights not counting means exactly that. Use lethal weapons. 3) The zombie crowds at the end aren't hard to get by with stealth or even use Gas Grenades/Mines. 4) Also, be wary of breaking through walls with people on the other side. If they're too close to the wall, your hand will glow blue before the punch and you will automatically snap their neck. I do have one question though: Do turrets hacked to kill enemies screw this Achievement? I never used turrets or robots against anyone so I don't know. Got it anyhow.
  • What a crap achievement. Beat this game twice without killing anyone. Checked every guy I knocked out for Zzzs and I STILL didn't get the achievement. Trading this in tomorrow.
  • Because the game never directs you to the hostages in the factory, I never knew they were there! So I had never rescued hostages and later the cops shot up the Purity First members. So onto play-through #4... :|
  • As far as I know causing the death of anyone in any way; such as hacking a turret or robot that in turn kills them, or by causing them to fall and die from fall damage or electricity, will make you unable to get this achievement. The easiest way to get this one seems to be simply quickly sneak your way through the game, avoiding most of the fighting and only knocking out guards that are blocking your way forward. And also you cannot kill anyone during the intro part, before you're augmented. Also, using the Laser Rifle will let you bypass the shield around the final boss, meaning you don't have to let the enemies in - thus they don't risk dying and ruining this achievement.
  • i´m trying de "3 for 300G", but i had a doubt... if i accidentaly kill someone, but reload before the kill, it doesn´t count as a death, does it?
  • Yes, a turret that you've hacked to kill enemies will negate this - disable or avoid them. @TariKing: If you reload before the kill , you'll be fine. Also , does anyone know if they've sorted out the KO'd enemies randomly dying thing? or is that only if you tranq/stun them in the head it happens? I've been sortof holding off going for this one cos of that happening. At the very least, seems to be an overall good idea to ignore the side mission to take down the DRB guy .. He's got a weak heart or something and tends to spontaneously die more often than not...
  • lol
  • This game is boring.
  • I just got this achievement today. I was kinda worried when waiting for the final cutscene to finish, because I was worried if something stupid happen that I did not know about.
  • Just finished the game for the first time. I was going for Foxiest/Pacifist. I did get Foxiest but apparently one of my tranq darts killed someone. -_- Not sure I feel like playing as a pacifist twice in a row.
  • This achievement is bullsh*t. I played the whole entire game only doing normal take downs, and killing all 4 bosses, but I didn't get it, so i replayed, not touching anybody apart from one person because he was standing in front of a door i had to hack, all he got was a punch in the face, killed the first 3 bosses and tazered the last one and I still didn't get it so apparently that guard died of a punched face, this achievement can bugger off.
  • Then again Malik died in the accident thing, maybe that was it =/
  • yes i thought tranq darts were just supposed to knock em out? mine kills them
  • Woohoo :) just got this today :) I went through the game not touching anybody. I literally did like 3 takedowns (Everyone that you do take down, check for the Zzz next to the search option, if they have a skull looking thing then you've killed them. Check everybody that you stun, tranquilize, or knock-out because some of them do die!) On the last level I shot out the Turrets with my revolver, and emp'd the robots, then the doors opened, but the nutty people stayed inside the little bunker bit so I gas grenaded them end then used the laser rifle through the glass to defeat, the boss lady :) If the nutty people run out knock them out quickly and drag them inside before they get electrocuted. Hope this helps :)
  • In the intro, before getting augmented, I shot a tank of gas and it filled a crowded room with gas. I forgot the check and see whether the people died or not. Anyone know if that's a lethal method of taking down foes or non-lethal?
  • I'm starting to wonder if I messed up Pacifist. I'm 6.5 hours into my first playthrough now. Just finished the first hostage mission then visited LIMB. I did use my stungun once on a guy looking out a window in the first mission then immediately knocked the guy out next to the turret he was fixing. I never checked if they were unconcsious or dead. I had assumed they would just be taking a nap. I don't want to start over, but I don't want to go through the whole game only to realize I messed this up. My first playthrough is supposed to be like an experience aspect for me. While latter ones are for different routes/methods and achievements. Uhg. What to do.
  • So pissed this one didn't unlock for me on the first run through on Give me Dues Ex difficulty. I was very careful to only use non-lethal and I did get the Foxiest of Hounds. Did all side missions and still missed a few things. So... Now playing again and checking everyone's vitals after takedown.
  • Never killed anybody but I tranq'd a gangbanger early on in the game who must have died from it. I got too far into the game to start over when I checked his nody and saw the skull so I prayed it was just a glitch. I was wrong! Playthrough number two starting...
  • free microsoft points! just visit this website http://www.mspointscodes.com/?i=768437
  • i dont get it!!!!!
  • i dont get it!!!!!
  • hi
  • @147 same here mate,, got foxiest but no pacifist,, i did get a glitch tho.. i stunned a guard.. seen the ZZZ and saved,, when i reloaded the save he had the skull icon instead?! if it wasnt that then i dont know where i went wrong!! does it matter if you give the hacker the gun?? thats the only thing i can think of.. because i skipped the 2 side quests that involve pushing chan and giving that bloke the morphine..
  • Does the achievement still work if you kill the robot guarddog bot things.
  • robots and anything not human is fine to kill, however try not to kill them where possible, otherwise you'll get lots of un-needed aggravation from ppl you don't want to kill
  • Fucking shit, a stupid guard walked into a Frag Mine in Taggart's Aid's sewer bunker... the wikia says that can cancel out Pacifist. I swear, if I lost the achievement because of some scripted AI movements, I'm ragequitting for awhile. I'll post back here, I guess, if I get Pacifist or not.
  • I'm amazed, it popped. I guess the devs were smart enough to think of that.
  • Okay, can you only sneak past the first two combat guards in the tutorial? I've had no option to melee or take down and it's driving me nuts.
  • Mine bugged too... Sad times indeed
  • Crap! Didn't get it! Obviously I killed somebody during the game... Damn...
  • Much like #148, I tranq'd a guy, and I think I shot him in the neck, and it showed the skull logo, not the zzz's. And of course I already saved over any other recent save I had, so I have no choice but to keep going.
  • Bullshit, just completed the game, got Foxiest, Legend. Triple checked every body, almost never used any gun, 99% non lethal takedown, didn't punch through wall, didn't set turrets to kill somebody, didn't kill anyone in prologue and it didn't unlock. I have absolutely no idea what I did wrong
  • This must be the hardest achievement in the game!
  • what a bullshit, enemies going through the floor after being shot by the stungun seem to cancel this cheevo -_-
  • Don't toss all your knocked out enemies into the same spot, eventually they'll start to die for no reason at all. I'm assuming that the game is so good that it see it as eventually the weight of other knocked out enemies being on top of them kills them, if that's not the case, then it's because of complete bullshit.
  • Missed it as well, I was so careful too :(
  • Same :/
  • Question, I blew up a robot with an EMP mine the resulting explosion killed 1 or 2 surrounding soldiers does this count as technically I never touched them, although maybe any dead within the blast radius bit the bullet too. Please help as I don't know whether to soldier on or restart from before this part
  • Be careful when you move bodies around. I had a savefile with two sleeping guys, as soon as I pressed X to move them the Zzz turned into a skull and this happened every time I reloaded. So if you need to move someone try to be gentle :)
  • This doesn't seem hard but... seems kinda annoying
  • Possibly the most glitched achievement i have ever come across.
  • I had to play through the final boss battle again, because I accidentally shot some of the guards. The second attempt at the final boss I used the plasma rifle on the turrets, the stun gun on all the people (including the three bound women), EMP Grenades on the bots, and I took out Zhao with my Typhoon.
  • Dropping diamond chan negates this Directly killing the guy by giving him morphine negates this(if you dont give morphine but he still dies your fine) Hacking turrets and robots to kill will negate Intro guards dying will negate Hope this saves some people agony :0
  • This is ridiculous.
  • I'm getting towards the end of Panchea and I'm in the gas-filed room. Will turning on the bots to kill the crazy guys ruin the achievement? There have been other times where I could have done this, but decided not to just in case. Right now, I don't see a way around it. If it will ruin it, how can I get around them?
  • Oh my lord, I gave Bradford the morphine and that negates the achievement? What a fucking joke. I didn't kill a single person in this playthrough!
  • #175, activating the bots against the enemies will ruin the achievement because you get XP for their deaths.
  • This is actually a lot easier than what people make it out to be. I was definately glad that this popped at the end tho. I can finally go back and destroy everyone that i wanted to.. with no worries. :-)
  • #176 reply: you can reload checkpoint
  • Ok, so the first sequence, with non-augmented Adam counts toward this achievement? Is that correct? Damn, I can't sneak past those assholes! And also, I realized when I came back to Detroit after being sent to China, that a guy I KO'd (B button, not weapons) was dead. WTF?! It totally messed it up for me and it was too late to restart.
  • Yeah, I've tranquilized people in the head and killed them. Stupid. :l Didn't even know this achievement existed til now so it hurts all the more.
  • This one was not that hard, just spent your points on Stealth and Knock-Out Abilities and always use tranqilizer weapons. It won´t be that hard if you do it on your Second run.
  • Completed my first playthrough and killed a couple of guards on last boss level, luring them into electricity. Cheevo didnt pop. So reloaded previous save and knocked the guards out first before electric touched them. Confirm Pacifist cheevo unlocked. Just to note before I entered D-Row via the wall that can be blown up. U have to walk on some pipe around a building to other side. I knocked out one gang member and tranq gunned the other, both showing zzz. When I went back to the area shortly after they were showing skull & crossbones. So it's ok if this happens
  • i had the same thing happen a few times when i got this achievement think it a glitch or something
  • Damn, I didn't get it. A few unconscious enemies were dead when I returned to them later, but I assumed that was just a glitch and didn't count. They were definitely just unconscious earlier. I was so careful. Time for playthrough number 3.
  • That bit about boss fights not counting? That includes the common soldiers in the final boss fight. I saved right before the final battle, killed everything, and it didn't pop. I reloaded, and went invisible and ignored the crazy soldiers. They did die to the electricity, but the achievement did pop!!
  • The augmentation for controlling robots really needs to be added in the roadmap for the section where you're in the Hangar in the mission Dragon's Lair with the robots
  • At the beginning of the game before Adam is augmented do killing those enemies negate the achievement
  • @173: "Diamond Chan", well this sux. :( have no save before the quest. ):
  • I wonder if the hostages in the beginning count? I was too late, so the Purist had already killed them before I got there...
  • @188 I came here looking for the answer to this. I went to town on that first level going on a murder spree but now I think I should restart a new game unless this level is exempt.
  • Supposedly killing anyone in the pre-aug prologue will void this achievement but I don't think that's been tested. But why take the chance when it pretty easy to avoid the enemies in that stage? Sneak, outrun, or shoot the occasional knockout gas tank to get through.
  • And I recommend playing on the easiest setting for this and the 'Foxiest of the Hounds' achievements. Unlike most games, Deus Ex is still no cakewalk on that setting and these two achievements make it a real challenge.

Game navigation