The Gloves Come Off Achievement in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• The Gloves Come Off

Win the highest bet at the Fights.

• How to unlock The Gloves Come Off

Fights can be participated in by going inside and beneath the Barracks. The Barracks will unlock after completing Sequence 3 and is in the Campagna District (icon is a white sword with a black background). Be sure to have plenty of florins in case you lose the bets. There are a total of five fights to partake in. After finishing the first four, set your bet to the highest amount (500 florins) and win. You must defeat a total of 5 mercenaries within 40 seconds.

There isn’t a real strategy here, besides spamming the button. Continue knocking mercenaries out, and you’ll earn 1150 florins. You can only use your fists, but you will still be able to do counter attacks which will save you lots of time.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • Would this be like cagefighting in tbogt or would it be like cock fights?
  • It's like the cagefights, sort of. (You're the one fighting)
  • How do I get this??
  • It's in the Mercenary HQ, down the stairs. In the fight club, there are 5 fights, increasing in difficulty, the first being unlocked, and the others unlocked by beating the one before it. To get the achievement, you have to get to the last fight, place a bet for 500, and win.
  • I cant seem to find it =(
  • When you look at the map, at the Campagna District, should look like a black circle with a white sword on it. When you hover your cursor over it, it says Barracks. That's where the cage fight is at.
  • I cant even win the first fight, in 10 seconds! Who are u supposed to do that?
  • @7 when it starts run to the person and kick him. As he bends down spam x to punch him then as he gets back up kick him again and then spam punch again. This way you can keep attacking and he won't counter.
  • I found that an easy way to beat the fights is to just continue attacking him, timing it right so that he won't be able to counter.
  • Throw sand in the beginning of the fights by holding the attack button down then releasing to throw - you can get one punch knockouts if you do it right making it an easy task.
  • Finally!! thanks guys i just got it
  • yeah this is a easy one
  • @10 Hey Ricky Rialto Great tip, it's what netted me the achievement
  • #8 ill try that one, sounds like the best i saw on the page other question, do i have to max out every bet on every level, or just max out the last one?
  • just got it, the easiest way is to just punch a guy until you counter, and always watch out for the counter attack, because that'll almost always be a one hit kill which gives you more time. so, punch constantly until you can counter an attack, then switch to that
  • #14: you must win max bet in the last one sry for bad english, i'm from Czech Republic:)
  • @3,5 When you look at the video of the achievement being done in the the achievement guide go to the area where it shows the icon in his video, then when your there go into a building and it will then have an icon when you enter the building. You'll talk to a girl blah blah blah then after the conversation go to the stairs leading you to the basement via Barracks and then you talk to the guy and do the fights... Hope that helps.
  • Also some tips when you get to this part try to hit them as fast as possible and reversals can kill people instantly, and when they try to back up on you do a quick taunt and start punching again.
  • Did they patch this yet?
  • There is a strategy to this actually. Make sure to start all of your attacks with a kick. After that spam X until you kill them. Make sure to keep your finger ready on the R button though because if someone starts attacking you you're health will fall really fast. Also there is one guy who will dodge all your attacks, save him for last. To hit him simply hold in R and circle him slowly, he will eventually bend over to grab sand. As soon as he does this attack, and your attacks will make contact.
  • Got this on my second try Remember to kick them first
  • got is on my first try
  • The easiest way to do this is with combo kills. For those who don't know what that is, when you are attacking, hit x again right as you make contact and it should knock them out. They can be tricky, but if you do that and contour you should do fine. I beat it with like 20-25 seconds left.
  • Counter* not cotour
  • Exactly where at in the Campagna District IS the barracks because I do not see the icon for it on my map.
  • Nvm
  • Sometimes it is a bit of luck. Can be aggravating when I fail because a move misses for seemingly no reason.
  • i cant get the douche that throws sand and backs up the whole time... any tricks to him? tried the use the r button til he throws sand but i always run outta time..
  • nvm got it right after that post. just got lucky i think.. u do gotta catch him in the middle of him trying to throw sand... i got him both times by landing a punch or 2 the kicking 1nce then another punch and he was down.
  • Sand, counters, dodges, taunts. You gotta take them down fast or else you'll run out of time.
  • is there some way to do this after you complete the storyline?
  • Thanks, was wondering where the fights were. Came here, Read this and sorted :D
  • I found that kciking after a punch was more useful that throwing dirt but I used a mix of both
  • is there only 5 fights? cuz i won all 5.. last being 5 mercs.. and achievment didnt pop
  • oh, nm u actually have to bet 500.. physically... then win
  • Dude, the time restrictions are bullshit, excuse my French. Five guys in 45 sec, no chain knock-outs, 5 points of bs health, and half of them dodge every blow until they're caught in a counter? Wtf, man?
  • got it on my first try, pressing RT and X at the same time is your best option, finish with 15 sec left to spare and for those of you that cant find the place: go to a tunnel entrance and pick the barracks option and then you`ll be transported into the barracks guild
  • Start each fight against your opponent with a kick, then keep on punching the guy until he defends himself. Kick him again and repeat until he falls down. Countering, in my opinion, is a waste of time here, as it forces you to lose a lot of time. Only counter when you're about to get hit, then re-focus on the guy you were just fighting with the same tactics I described. Took me a couple of tries, but the achievement was mine in no time!
  • Oh yeah and don't forget to place the highest bet possible for each fight before it begins. Forgot to mention that!
  • Man, this is harder than I thought it would be...
  • n00b question. How do you unlock the barracks?
  • I Got This Achievement By Countering When I Was Going TO Get Hit And Spamming X! It Took Only 3 Try's For Me!
  • the barracks wont show up on my map ;'(
  • hey i did this achivement like 20 times and it wont give me the achivement, i do exactly what you'r suppose to do for this achivement and it wont give it to me. anyone know what to do when this happens?
  • Easy Going :D When the health"bar" from an opponent is highlighting, take him as target ... Ezio will perform a onehit :D
  • I cannot even get close to winning the first fight. Time always runs out. I've tried sand, kicking, punching, countering....nothing works. I really don't know how its possible to win a fight in under 10 seconds. I've tried well over 100 times.
  • beat the last guy as the clock hit 0. kick,counter, and spam x. no need to throw sand
  • Damn I totally forgot to do this and I just finished the game
  • @44 make sure you bet the highest amount.
  • u can use the execution method too, they just dont die and u need to be sure u choose the right opponent next
  • Video guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddePFdQCu9o
  • I got a good 4000 florins (if not more) before I finally beat it. I hate things with time limits lol.
  • Opps. I meant lost, not got
  • 1st time what a result whoop !!
  • thanks... didn't know where to look
  • wtf! i was getting frustrated because the 4th fight took me like 20 tries but luckily i did the last one on my first try
  • Easiest way to win this is by holding X to pick up dirt and throw it at the 3 middle fighters as they approach you, then Ezio should be able to knock out 2 of them with combo's, and you repeat the dirt throw on the other 3 and you should have plenty of time to spare.
  • Took a couple of attempts but got it in the end.
  • I went to the barracks expecting normal fights. Who the hell bets on timed fights? I'll skip this dumb achievement.
  • This one sucks, even counters hardly do any damage.
  • i beat the game can you not go back to the barracks!? because i cant find it anywhere on the damn map. very irritating.
  • I got it following what #15 said, so thanks for that :)
  • Thanks. Easiest way is to counter a lot and you'll do it no prob
  • For those who don't know - Like I didn't - You have to use the Tunnels to get to the barracks. They are an option as you select a tunnel to fast travel to, in the north east of the map.
  • Countering on this achievement helps a lot to save time
  • I didn't have much luck countering and the bouts always ran out of time. I preferred kicking followed by rapid punching. Also I recommend grabbing the agile guys and throwing them into the other fighters.

Game navigation