Spring Cleaning Achievement in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• Spring Cleaning

Kill a guard with a broom.

• How to unlock Spring Cleaning

At first you may not see any brooms until you advance through the story line. Just keep an open eye out while playing the game naturally until you see someone sweeping. They will be more frequent in the Centro District. To get the broom you can run into the person, grab and throw them, or even kill them to make them drop it. Pick the broom up and go to any guard and press to assassinate the guard.

Note: If you have the broom in your hand, you may still use the hidden gun. Using the gun (holding to initiate, letting go to fire) will not make you drop the broom. You may still obtain the achievement this way, even though you're technically getting the kill with the gun.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • Where are the brooms!!!?
  • maybe steal 1 off those guys that sweep around rome?
  • yeah, see somebody sweeping, knock into them and they will drop their broom, pick it up and find a guard
  • i found a broom from some guy sweeping, took his broom, and killed the guard from behind
  • do any wan know which street does the people use broom? bec it seem like i can't find any of it and i just started playing.
  • People usually use brooms on dirty streets ;) More seriously, just pay attention to NPCs as your wander in Roma, you will come accros one eventually. I did the achievement by picking a broom near the Assassin's Hideout, then crossing a bridge or two to find a guard and killed him.
  • In Assassin's Creed 2 you were able to do the same thing. This was a way to take notice of weapons around you. Anyway the broom and other weapons like it are unbreakable.
  • easy
  • As I was trying to get this achievement, I had the broom in Ezio's hands and I let one of my Assassins kill the guard and I got the achievement.
  • fun and easy
  • ya you just have to have the broom in hand. I held the broom and shot a guard and it unlocked.
  • hmu for abstergo employee of month achievement GT: xLa FlamaBlanca
  • another easy way to get this achievement is to have the broom in hand when you walk u behind a guard. Make sure you're not noticed or whatever and that he's facing away from you. Press x, and it will show Ezio beat the crap out of the guy. If somehow you don't get it, just counter one of the other guards attacks.
  • I found some guys with brooms here and so did my friends. In the Antico district in the southwest corner of the map, there is a viewpoint on top of a viaduct. There are a couple guys sweeping around the ruins to the west of this viewpoint. It looks stupid, because they are sweeping at grass. But we have found guys everytime.
  • Hilarious achievement. More games need creative, thoughtful, and fun achievements like this
  • You can cut off the guy's neck with that broom It's fun. (:
  • i remember doing this in AC2, along with taking a farmer's hoe.
  • Im having trouble finding any brooms also.Though i hear that you need to have completed about 6 sequences before any appear.Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  • I thougt you unlocked brooms after the 3rd sequence
  • this achievement is like the funnest easiest one ever
  • So where did you find a broom and what sequence where you on i am now on sequence 5 and still have not bumped into even 1!!!
  • Av finished the game twice and still not found it. W*F
  • Well, this achievement aint hard at all to be honest.. all you have to do is have ur eyes open when you walk around in rome.. at some point you will see someone with a broom.. just walk on the citizen, grab him or whatever.. then pickup the broom like any other weapon and beat the crap out of the first guard you see.. this was like one of the first achievements i did:P.. and the broom is actually a nice weapon:P Hopefully you find one soon;)... they are ALL over rome..
  • just pay some attention to the crowd and you will find a guy holding a broom soon enough.
  • Wow i didnt even know this was an achievement. Laughed so hard
  • finding the broom is the toughest part... easy
  • I agree with Ninban - there's a guy sweeping around (I think it's behind) the Assassin hideout. Beats looking for it! Cross the bridge by running (only RT, otherwise you'll drop the broom) and you'll see some guards ahead of you. Et voila!
  • pain in the ass
  • Fairly easy achievement. I can confirm that's there is a person with a broom next to the hideout. Also, I think it's hilarious that the broom has about the same amount of power as a war hammer.
  • I did this achievement and realized you don't even have to use the broom to get the kill as long as you are holding one. I picked up a broom then shot a guard by accident and I got the achievement. Very easy to get and if you can't find a good spot to do it there is a youtube video showing where to find a man sweeping and close guards.
  • i finally found the broom after i finished the game
  • I've never seen a broom used so deadly before. Killed five guards in a streak and it was merciless.
  • O cara mata até com a vassoura o cara é bom mesmo xD
  • Brooms can be found by people sweeping. Go near housing and then just run into them or grab the,. Theyll drop the broom. pick it up with B (xbox) or O (for PS3) and counter a guard or kill them from beghind. Easy :)
  • U can see people sweeping a lot near uprgraded stables
  • People are always sweeping in streets and u just need to grab them to get their broom broom then pick it up and find a guard to kill. Simples :)
  • Found a guy sweeping on the streets, tackled him to the ground, picked up his broom, then went over to the one guards while he was hanging out with his allies and I killed him with the broom from behind. Easy achievement!
  • just get a guard from the back and you got it without a fight
  • Can u also use the broom in online gaming? that would be fun :P
  • @39 LOL I would love to see a lobby of people beating on each other with brooms! Loved this achievement break from the norm
  • best 10G ever
  • How do I get a broom?!
  • I didn't find a broom til near the end of the game lol
  • When you see someone with a broom, go up to them and either 1. Steal from them, by pressing (A) 2. Gentle push them, by pressing (B) They will drop the broom, pick it up by holding down (B) Find a guard, I think its better if you hit them from behind, find a group of 4 guards, let them past you and then hit the one at the back, from behind and the achievement is yours. The brooms are in random locations, I Found mine, near the Big wall, with a gate in it beside the docks, he was sweeping "his yard" After you get the achievement, youll probably see more people with brooms, I did
  • Guaranteed broom location is 2nd storey of colosseum
  • Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eqDMb3gmcI
  • Kaboom with a broom.
  • Theres loads of guys in the Colosseum with brooms, steal one, attack a guard from behind so it kills him, worst thing about this one is finding the broom Soon as you do this you will see loads of people with them lol
  • I found this achievement to be unusually difficult and ended up wandering around for way too long but finally found out how to make the broom appear. I even used guides to find brooms and they never worked. All I could find was drunkards. The surefire way to find a broom after completing the story is to start renovating everything in site. For some reason I had renovated like 3%(throughout the whole game) of Rome but after renovating a couple of stores and stables a guy with a broom popped up instantly, and oh boy did I let the guards have it!
  • what the you can use a broom?
  • The broom was like the only weapon I used in AC2. I can't wait to finish MP so I can get going wth single player.
  • Found someone sweeping around with a broom pretty soon during the game. Didnt't even clear the first place with these followers of Romulus yet. Guess I got lucky.
  • If anyone is still trying to get this as far as i can tell they don't spawn in until after you complete memory block 6
  • I found very easy way to get that kill. I used arrowstorm while I had broom in my hand and achievement unlocked :P Maybe glitch, dunno.

Game navigation