Serial Killer Achievement in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

• Serial Killer

Perform a Speed Kill Streak of 10.

• How to unlock Serial Killer

You can do this in a few places where there are a lot of enemies. The best place to do it is in the Animus Training Program, where you can do it at your leisure. The best place is the Long Kill Streak challenge (last one on the list). Hold to start blocking when you have your weapon out. When a guard attacks you, press (while still holding ) right when the attack is about to hit you. This will cause you to counter and execute. Right as your execution is finishing up, press again highlighting any enemy nearby with the . Keep killing guards like this, keeping an eye out for an attack to counter sometimes by another guard. Explaining it makes it seem like a long process, but really it's all very quick. Watch the video if you'd like a better example on how it should look.

Recently unlocked by

Comments
  • Do this when you have to do the virtual training mission in the beginning of the game after you get to the villa.
  • Yeah, do VR->long kill streak and do a counter, then just move ls during the kill animation and hit X and repeat. grabs dont effect the streak so dont worry
  • A little tip but you all prob' know this allready, take the ones who starts to blink, so they dont hit you and interupt!
  • Description supposed to be "Perform an Execution Streak of 10 kills."
  • I would actually suggest playing the game a little before you tackle the 10 kill streak, even if its just doing the challenge repeatedly. The first time I tried it I had no idea what the hell I was doing, and it wasn't until the Followers of Romulus were introduced that I really got the technique down.
  • Super easy, but building on what Roza said up there, grabs actually DO reset the streak, be very careful (at least, they did for me).
  • I got it on Sequence 2 Memory 6: Crepi Il Lupo, 13 wolfman well attake you. Get your sword quickly after the cut scene and start killing.
  • AC: Brotherhood is the first AC game I've played so if you're in the same boat let me tell you what you're in for with this achievement. The general advice from #2 and #3 is good but here's what you'll soon learn: You start a combo streak on someone and you start pounding X to keep it going. You have to pick your next target before you finish killing the person your on or the streak is reset. Sounds simple enough, just keep picking new targets with LS as you go. However, if someone attacks you while you're combo'ing you lose the combo. Ok, you can look for the flashing (of the hit-point rectangles above enemy heads) to see who is going to attack you next and press RT+X to counter them (continuing your combo). Doesn't sound too bad eh? But wait, sometimes all the crap all over the screen
  • ...blocks the hit-point rectangles above enemies so you can't see if anyone is flashing or not. If you assume someone is and press RT+X and it turns out no one attacks, you lose your combo. Also just becuase an enemy's hit-points starts flashing doesn't mean they are going to attack you right away. Sometimes they do, sometimes they have second thoughts and wait a second longer. If you hit RT+X thinking they are going to attack and they decide to wait that extra second before attacking, you lose your combo. If you instead try to attack the flashing enemy before they can attack you (because you believe they aren't going to actually attack right away) then most likely the game will pick the person next to them, even if you're not pointing towards that person (ie, if flasher is at 1 o'cloc
  • ...k and you point LS toward 12 o'clock, it'll attack the guy at 3 o'clock instead). You'll then get attacked by flasher and lose your combo. Also if you get grabbed at any time you lose your combo. I probably just don't "get it" with this whole combo thing, but from a AC newbie, this challange feels way more like dumb luck then skill. You guessing how to react to the AI and hope you guess right enough times in a row to get there.
  • with dagger it easier than sword
  • 1. I got grabbed and still kept my streak. 2. THANK YOU Chocobolnbreeder. Your tips helped me a lot. got it 1st try after reading your tips.
  • a lil tip the training room is very useful for this achieve
  • I secured this one during the final memory while fighting guards on my way up the hill. Wasn't too difficult their and they were plenty of them.
  • i got this one on the first mission when u escape the vatican it was the first engagment with the first guards u fight
  • I found if much easier with the dagger. Couldn't really get any higher than 8 or 9 with the sword and hidden blade, but used the dagger and got 12 first go, and then when going to the 3 golds I got another one of 18.
  • Yes it's much easier with the dagger because your attacks are faster
  • I did it with the sword on the first chapter when everyone is trying to escape. I wasn't even trying, or knew how to get it yet, so if anybody actually tried, I'm sure it's very easy.
  • you can get this during the game if you use counter attacks a lot or after killing one keep going to the next, but watch for flashing guards as they are the next attackers
  • Wow this achievement is really PISSING me the fuck off. Can't get higher than 7 even using a dagger. Some fuckhead always gets a cheap shot in on me. Wish the combat in this game didn't blow so hard.
  • Just do on VR training long streak. There are pretty much always enemys surrounding you so it is pretty hard to miss. The only thing that you need to watch out for is having to counter the occational gaurd who trys to hit you. Doing this I got a streak over 20. Also the gaurds keep coming so if you make a mistake it is easy to start a new streak.
  • this was a very hard achievement and fustrating but the way to do it is on sequance 2 with the romulus followers: )
  • @20 I agree completely, the combat for both ac2 and acb blows...HARD, its one of the few reasons that AC1 stands as the best in the series for actual gameplay, despite all of its other obvious flaws.
  • Sequence 2, Memory 6.. peice of cake and full sync for not getting hit... how many tries you ask... 1
  • For ppl who say its too hard.. Every 2nd chain kill a guy will strike you, click counter while chainkilling to block his blow and keep him in the chain... its easy really just hold down LT and spam X
  • I got this without going for it lol. I got it in memory 2 when you get ambushed by the people dressed as wolves. I was going for the 100% synchronise achievement and i think you weren't allowed to get hit and i unlocked it at this part.
  • Hiya, The easiest way to do this is to use the dagger in the Virtual training and on every kill in the streak hold X and poin the Left Analogue stick in the direction of a different guard just like you would on a normal streak. Holding X make Ezio throw a knife and kill a enemy aswell as killing one with the dagger meaning you will only have to chain kill 5 enemys the 5 others will be killed by the thrown knife :D Have fun!
  • Easily doable in virtual training room!
  • I have so far tried every single tip on this page and currently have managed a maximum of 6 in a chain... holding lt and spamming x only works for a maximum of 5 people and then for no reason it resets... havent got the slightest idea how to get this
  • and now i just spammed for 9 and reset for no reason again... i am gonna fluke this at some point and still wont have a clue...
  • and yeah... i got a fluke 10 kills on my 800 attempt... i don't have any useful tips for anyone...
  • Got this during Sequence 2 when Ezio is attacked by the Wolfmen.
  • Got it very nearly before I launched my controller across the room from frustration. thanks spoonydrip! shortly after you get a spree going (with the dagger) just hold in x for a bit and you can basically do double kills cause Ezio flings a throwing knife into the mix
  • Ok i officially give up, this achiev must be glitched for me :@ i checked my stats or whatever and at some point i got a 10 kill streak, must have been against the romulus followers, but i had no achiev. So i thought meh, il leave it till ive completed game, go into training and do it there, after getting an 11 fast kill streak on more than TEN occasions i still received no achievement :( This is one of the only achievs to ever glitch on me so bad :( its really frustrating especially since im crap with the combos anyway so to get 11 so many times for me is amazing, i just cba to start a new game just to try it again.
  • God I am the most worst person. I spent a good 20 minutes just now trying to get this achievement thinking I was doing something slightly wrong the whole time. I finally had a run where I was confident I should've gotten it and I checked - I must've gotten it a long time ago since it's been a while since I played this game...man...I'm pretty sure I got it in the VR Training place though since I hadn't replayed any memories yet and I definitely wasn't good enough in the beginning of the game to do this hahaha...
  • i got this one in sequence 6-gateway. was hell easy, also got the airstrike achievement straight after, certainly a good area to get both achievements :D hope it helps
  • got this when i was attacted by wolfmen
  • Anyone saying this is super easy is a liar. This achievement is pure bullcrap. If you hit RT and a wrong moment your streak is ruined, and the guards attack extremely fast it's almost impossible to press RT at the right moment and you also have to press x and aim for your next target and watch all the 5-10 guards around you so you can block their attacks. What the fuck did the developers even think when doing this jesus christ sorry for my rant but this is just bullcrap
  • The trick is to use the dagger, but not to spam X, instead hold it down and then let go when you want to perform another kill. You'll know if you're doing it right because of the cinematic camera. Doing it this way allows you to instantly chain uninterruptable speedkills together, I got a 26 streak as soon as I figured it out.
  • VR training "Long Kill Streak" is a lot easier to earn this achievement than the wolfman attack
  • Very hard to get but if you counter its easy
  • this one is very easy since it only has 10, unlike in ac2 where you have 100+, you dont even need a feather map
  • again, i click on the wrong achievement, try doing this achievement in the short kill streak or the gatekeepers mission where there will be a lot of guards surrounding you
  • This is what worked for me. Almost gave up but read some of the comments here and figured it out. I was able to get a 34 streak this way. I used the knife. Start with a counter. As you kill the first guy, let go of X for a split second then hold it down again. Try to aim toward another guard at the same time. As you are killing the second guard, release x for split second, hold X again and aim until you are killing the third guard. Keep repeating. Ezio will also throw knives between some attacks. It really is simple once you figure out the technique. 34 kill streak for 1224 points.
  • THIS MAKES ME RAGE !*!*!&!*!^!()
  • SpeedracerZ06's instructions did the trick for me. Not only did I get this cheevo, but I was able to get a high enough score in the training grounds with it to get a Gold. So I used the same trick to get Golds in all three of the kill streak things so I also got Perfectionist. Thanks, SpeedracerZ06!
  • effin pain in the ass
  • Took me 14 attempts using the given method....although I got 9 streaks in 10 of them.
  • Dagger is definitely the way to go. Thanks so much to everyone that took the time to post about that method. Got this achievement done on the first try doing it this way! :)
  • I got this one rather easily. I've been playing a lot of Arkham City lately, so I just put myself in Batman mode and got the timing down super easy. Had an over 20 kill streak in the training room. Yes, the Dagger is DEFINITELY the weapon to use. Only had to block the first attacker, then the rest of the training session was one continuous kill streak.
  • I tried this achivement when i first thought the wolves, but it didn't unlock, i've played the assassins creed since the 1st game, so for me the counter-attackt was easy, I also tried a number of times, but one that got me was when i was in the virtul training, I got a strak of counter-attack kills of 23 and still nothing, will someone help me ? message me or add my gamertag stevo018 thanks
  • This is actually quite easy, I just a 17 kill streak on the long map
  • Got this on my third attempt. Defo recommend doing this on virtual training - long kill streak. All you gotta do is counter an attack then as soon as you killed the enemy, immediately press X repeatedly in the direction you want to attack your next guard. My highest was 17 kill streak.
  • Got like a 20+ streak on the Guards after Castello Crasher mission. To get 100% Sync you have to perform a streak of 5+ in a row, so that's already half of the achievement, but from there so many guards kept popping up that I was just unleashing all hell on them, reaching well into 20ish before finally killing off all guards leaving a pile of bodies on the floor.
  • That was a pain in the butt. Took me about 5-6 times in the virtual training. I used the dagger with throwing knives. Don't use the throwing knives too much cause if you use them for every kill the guards don't have time to get close to you and the streak will restart.
  • Got it in VT room, easy, thanks.
  • If you can break a grab quickly enough and keep going without getting hit, it is possible for a grab to not end the killstreak.
  • literally tried 20 times, 7 or 8 every time. can't be bothered. what's with these dumb luck cheevs in AC? like the Sweeper one in AC2....
  • Extremely easy to get during the Rampart defense during the battle for Monteriggioni
  • Thank you #8.. got it on my first try, after reading your post.
  • Finally got it! Helps to use the dagger. Still, a little aggravating and took several attempts lol
  • Piece of shit achievement. Doesn't help that Ezio doesn't actually do what I say and it always takes five seconds to do the stupid animations every time he kills someone and that I'll have five people attack me at the same time.
  • Oh yea, and the guards' health thing only ever start blinking after I've already locked onto someone else, and they just kill me while I'm in the middle of that stupid animation that I can't do anything about.
  • Oh yea, and then guards will just attack me from off screen, or they'll attack me without their health blinking, or I'll just get hurt from nothing sometimes. This is by far the worst achievement I've ever tried to get
  • I recommend the dagger in virtual training. Took me only 4 attempts.
  • Poster 8-10 did the best job explaining what to do and how to do it, and what fucks it up and what doesn't. Tried it a couple times, but when I read your post I got it first try.

Game navigation